Thread: Imperial Outpost: Investigate the Source of the Raids

Exclamation Imperial Outpost: Investigate the Source of the Raids

the other night i was helping a guildie with trying to complete this quest, we got him the 4 hides required for the quest (have completed the quest myself, along with several others that have confirmed they were the 4 hides needed, but just in case, Scorched Portion of Hide, Charred Portion of Hide, Burned Shred of Hide, Singed Scap of Hide).

Upon the guildie returning to turn in the quest however, Lord-Commander Jatell did not allow him to complete the quest, he has looted the hide pieces himself, and we tried for a few hours collecting even more types of hide just in case, but all for nothing, is the quest currently bugged? According to the guildie, he has had the quest in his quest log for quite some time, could this be affecting his ability to complete the quest and start the next portion of the quest series? He is a biped if that makes any difference.

Default Re: Imperial Outpost: Investigate the Source of the Raids

There were multiple quests involving hides. I'm not sure what in the wording was different but I think you need four different "portion" hides (or maybe "shred" or "scrap", I'm not sure which it was for the quest you're on). Do you know if he will have to kill Fafnir or Daknor at the series end?

that:

Fafnir:
    1 Decayed Remnant of Hide
    2 Putrid Remnant of Hide
    3 Rotted Shred of Hide

Daknor:
    1 Singed Scrap of Hide
    2 Charred Portion of Hide
    3 Scorched Portion of Hide
    4 Burned Shred of Hide

but did you kill Daknor??
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I did the first part of the Quest last week;
    Imperial Army: Investigate the Source of the raids:
    1) "Discover the Kwellen Raiders true motives."

I killed kwellens non stop for three hours and could not get the quest to
    up-date even though I had seven different hides.

Then I foud the "Magic Kwellens" and or area at 29622 / 23882 and the quest up-dated with the first Kwellen I killed even though I only got a piece of hide I already had.
    "The little thing came up in my text saying to go talk to the Lord Commander"

After talking to him and Burris I now have the second part of the quest;
    2) Prey on the Kwellen Patrols; return th the lord commander when you have
    secured additional fragments of battle orders.

At the moment I have eleven different hides and can not get the quest to up-date.
    Perhaps I have not found the magic Kwellen or the magic hide scrap yet.
    There are no counters or a list for this quest.

Hides I have: (Multiples of half of them)
    Burned Fragment of Hide
    Burned Shred of Hide
    Chard Shred of Hide
    Scorched Portion of Hide
    Chard Portion of Hide
    Singed Scrap of Hide
    Decayed Remnant of Hide
    Decomposed Chunk of Hide
    Rotted Shred of Hide
    Rotted Chunk of Hide
    Putrid Remnant of Hide
    Last edited by Drakarius Shadows; January 2nd, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Oh is that the quest that requires you kill Blighted Kwellens for it to advance? There are so many kinds of kwellens running around that it can take a while to find the right ones.

"Blighted Kwellens" are the only ones I have been killing from the start of the first quest.
    I said "Magic Kwellens" as the quest did not up-date till I killed one "Blighted Kwellen" at the choords I gave.
    "Mythclaws" Saris

I killed Kwellen in the Eastern Deadlands for about two weeks, amassing about 20 various hides, and the Commander would still ignore me. A really nice guildie even give me about 11 more hides and still nothing advanced.

Finally one day I chatted with the Commander and the quest chain continued. By now I had so many hides in my inventory I had no idea if I was just missing a certain one, or what. This quest chain could really use a redesign.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Went and talked to the lord commander and the quest up-dated.
    Must be a time thingy as well as a hide in hand??
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    that:

Fafnir:
    1 Decayed Remnant of Hide
    2 Putrid Remnant of Hide
    3 Rotted Shred of Hide

Daknor:
    1 Singed Scrap of Hide
    2 Charred Portion of Hide
    3 Scorched Portion of Hide
    4 Burned Shred of Hide

but did you kill Daknor??
    When i started this quest and completed it earlier on, i didnt have to touch Daknor to finish this particular portion of the quest, I have completed it myself, and it puzzles me that the guildie i was trying to help might have to, though if this is the way the quest used to be and it was changed in some way, could it be he has an "older version" of the quest in his log that might require that step?

Also, that brings up another point, another player on Chaos that was doing the quest alongside my guildie, abandoned the quest as they ran into the same problem, although after doing so, could not get the quest back from Jatell or Burris.

I have myself, completed the chain in its entirety and recieved both the Ceremonial Tower Shield, and Ceremonial Chest Scale, and did so fairly recently, and havent ran into the problems other people seem to have pop up with the quest.
    Last edited by Bahkar; January 3rd, 2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: More Information

In the current Quest line you dont have to kill Daknor till the third part of the quest.
    I am on that part now.
    All the hides needed for the first two parts of the quest can be obtained from the "Blighted Kwellens".
    There seems to be some sort of a timer on the quests (you cant just grab all the hides and return in five min. you have to wait atleast 24hrs on the second part of the quest) and perhaps an area you need to be in when you kill them?
    "Mythclaws" Saris

The first quest "Investigate the Source of the Raids" requires only 1 hide to proceed and that is obtained from either Blighted Kwellens or Kwellen Berserkers. The hide that is required only drops while you are on the quest. If you already have it in your inventory (Because you acquired it previously with other players somehow) then you won't be able to loot it while on the quest.

There are no special requirements, like time limits, or times you have to spin around, or jump in the air, to complete the quests.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

"There are no special requirements, like time limits, or times you have to spin around, or jump in the air, to complete the quests."

Well something is not right with the quest line.

I had no hides in my inventory when I started the first part of the quest.
    "I killed blighted kwellens non stop for three hours and could not get the quest to
    up-date even though I had seven different hides.

Then I found the "Magic Kwellens" and or area at 29622 / 23882 and the quest up-dated with the first Kwellen I killed even though I only got a piece of hide which was a duplicate of one I already had.

When I started the second part of the quest I killed Blighted Kwellens for several hours collecting eleven (11) different hides then talked to the lord commander.
    This did not update the second part of the quest even after logging off and on several times.
    The quest did not update till the next day when I talked to him.
    Last edited by Drakarius Shadows; January 3rd, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
    "Mythclaws" Saris

The second quest in the series, "Locate additional battle orders" is even simpler than the first quest. Basically you kill Kwellens to locate three specific hides out of a larger set. Once you have those three you speak with Jatell. There is no special requirement for it, sorry to say.

What likely happened is that you got the proper hide before logging out (or after logging in the next day) and then greeted the npc with the correct set.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Is there some way to make a list or a counter for the quest line?
    Then everyone will know when they have the correct hides?
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Don't think I want to make that change. However, I will add a tracker so that you at least know when you've looted one of the fragments that counts even if it doesn't specifically say in the step "loot fragment named this".

Thank You.
    That will be a big help.
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Thread Information