Thread: Creatures with interesting loot?

Default Creatures with interesting loot?

Greetings,

in 22 levels of adventuring with a human in plate armor, I found only a few spots so far with creatures I could kill that drop stuff I consider "interesting". Those are:

Where: Druid Ring SE of Kion
    Who: Weaker Ssaris Skeletons, 10-14
    What: Lots of Techs, rare Formula

Where: Lake of Crystal Tears
    Who: Sand Ogres 13-15
    What: Lots of Techs, rare Formula

Where: Island of the Drowned
    Who: Red Maggots, 11-19
    What: Crystals

Probably missed out on some creatures, and am now looking for enemies in the 20+ range. Would be very thankful if others added to the list.

/Ami

Default Re: Creatures with interesting loot?

Someone needs to do some adventuring
    My favorite thing to do!

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Just to clarify what I mean by "interesting" : A loot table that does not just consist of 1 tech component and a few types of vendor trash. So you have a chance to go "OOooooh shiney!" when you loot. Creatures that have a varied loot table seem to have become quite rare with the changes in 2010.

Not rare, just more consistent in what drops what. So that if you are looking for Formulas/Techs you will know what class of monster to go hunt (Undead/Semi-Intelligents), but if you are hunting tech comps you'll know that a different class (Animals/Elementals/Insects) drops those.

What we call Constructs and Animates (non-Undead Withered Aegis) drop their own stuff such as Crystals and more (but not formulas/techs).

Also, you'll find that the higher in a tier you go the more potential drops and the more chances at rare loot (formulas, techs, crystals, etc).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information