Thread: Northern trandalar lairs

Default Northern trandalar lairs

Can we get drop pads to them? only 1 of all those lairs are owned besides them at the guild. And some would like "available" lairs outside biped communitys

I would start inhabit a lair up there instantly, if i wouldnt have to spend 10 min flying...

Could also include them to the trandalar attunement serie, if so wish. I just want a landing pad on west / east side from guild.
    Last edited by Baelthos; January 17th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: Northern trandalar lairs

By "drop pads" do you mean destination pads so that you can port to the communities?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Pretty sure they do. I second this, I don't know how it is on Chaos but on Order these lairs are EXTREMELY unused just due to the horrible commute.

Exactly. Also a portal with the standard destinations would be awesome. If its not too much to ask for Either that or atleast shrines. But those would just be a wonderful suprise bonus, beside the destination pad.

I thought there was an outbound portal up there? Built as a world project a couple years back. I seem to recall being at the opening ceremony on Order. Not sure if it ever worked though.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    I thought there was an outbound portal up there? Built as a world project a couple years back. I seem to recall being at the opening ceremony on Order. Not sure if it ever worked though.
    As far as I know there's ONE portal and pad, total, right in Guild: Ker'tis. Which is good for the guild. The problem is there are lairs all over the upper portion of the continent. We're talking "most of a trip across Lesser Aradoth" distances away. Ga'pyr to the far west-southwest comes out the worst, it's farther away as the dragon flies than Kion is from Sslanis. The rest aren't much better off, frequently about a Kion-Parsinia distance from Ker'tis. If there was more competition for good lairs, I could see the closer ones seeing some use-- good dimensions, low price-- but in the current climate the only people who will be interested are those going out of their way to build hermit lairs.

Not that desiring a hermit lair is wrong, but according to the Bristugo.com plot map:
    • Blight: Nobody has bought a lair outside Ker'tis. The Ker'tis keystone plot is the only one purchased.
    • Order: Four plots out of twenty five are owned outside Ker'tis. Ker'tis is just over halfway bought.
    • Chaos: One plot out of twenty five is owned outside Ker'tis. Kertis is just over halfway bought.

That's a lot of cheap, spacious lairs not getting used.

(I am never going to spell Ker'tis right. Never.)
    Last edited by Thicklesip; January 20th, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

There is a world built outbound portal up by where... dang I forget who lived up there. Big white guy with a long name? I forget, sorry. Tama?

The ideas i had spinning in head about north trandalar is:

* Keep it shop free. Only place to get material processed would be in the lairs.
    * Add T4 Resources, Especially Crimson Azulite.
    * Add T4 Resources!
    * Make a new monster! Yetis, Big,white,hairy and dangerous snowmen. Levels 60-70. And named ones to kill for attunement!

* Add some more quests involving Yetis.

Might add ideas if i can come up with something

Quote Originally Posted by Baelthos View Post
    The ideas i had spinning in head about north trandalar is:

* Keep it shop free. Only place to get material processed would be in the lairs.
    * Add T4 Resources, Especially Crimson Azulite.
    * Add T4 Resources!
    * Make a new monster! Yetis, Big,white,hairy and dangerous snowmen. Levels 60-70. And named ones to kill for attunement!

* Add some more quests involving Yetis.

Might add ideas if i can come up with something
    Trandalar is a t3 island.. So I dont' support any t4 resources being added to the trandalar area. There are plenty of other places for t4 resources, with plots nearby.. Move there

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Perhaps... Althou The crimson azulite.

Finkledbody, please share why you dont support it, And also. Why are you bothered? Think having T4 resources up there without Shop, would be such tremendous advantage being dragon?

Biggest reason i can see why you dont support it, Would be your ped and it would not benefit you.

Only thing that connects the northern part to trandalar is a narrow icebridge, i dont see any reason why it could not be made into a T4 area.
    Last edited by Baelthos; January 20th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

Perhaps... Althou The crimson azulite.

Finkledbody, please share why you dont support it, And also. Why are you bothered? Think having T4 resources up there without Shop, would be such tremendous advantage being dragon?
    I also don't support such an idea.
    Trandalar is a T3 zone. Why would you put T4 resources on it? Such an idea makes no sense. There's already several ridiculously easy spots to get crimson there's no real need for more.

There's also nothing more frustrating than being in a zone and finding a monster that is a full tier above you. Keep zones as level appropriate zones please.

Well its up to the dev's. As long as it become more available i'm happy.

And its still separated area connected with a bridge So a new tier zone would still be possible. If there are no quests up there for people who cant handle the higher level mobs. Besides, how many quests havent you done, where you have encountered mobs much higher then yourself? because they've been between quest giver and reciever/goal...So make whole mainland area T2.

There are no plans to change the tier of the Trandalar area. It is a T3 area and will remain so.

Sorry, Baelthos, but you will have to find your azulyte in the T4 regions around Dralk, Feladan, Kirasanct, etc, etc. Further, Crimson Azulyte is a T5 resource, so definitely not going onto Trandalar.

To add to what Velea said, for the next update I have added three destination pads to communities north of the Rift.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Further, Crimson Azulyte is a T5 resource, so definitely not going onto Trandalar.
    (I'm so glad someone besides me said it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    To add to what Velea said, for the next update I have added three destination pads to communities north of the Rift.
    Thank you! I'll be sure to spread the word, especially if I hear anyone shopping around for a lair.

You Sir are a rare gem! Thank you so much! *runs home to tear down current lair* :P

They are at the settlements of Ga'pyr, Linakis, and Ota'fakag. So basically one on the western side, one on the eastern side, and another in the middle-north (as opposed to middle-south for Ker'tis).

There is an outgoing portal at the moment inside the mountain. Players build the chambers there years ago.

There is an outgoing portal at the moment inside the mountain. Players build the chambers there years ago.
    Is that the chamber with all the azulyte in it, or do I need to go check the other mountains of the northern continent for another cave?

They are at the settlements of Ga'pyr, Linakis, and Ota'fakag. So basically one on the western side, one on the eastern side, and another in the middle-north (as opposed to middle-south for Ker'tis).

Will bipeds have access to these? If they require attuning and we make it to them, can we get attuned?

Biggest reason i can see why you dont support it, Would be your ped and it would not benefit you.
    Hehe.. Its a t3 island. I live on trandalar.. I want it to stay a t3 island.
    Improving it as such would be by adding more t3 resources, improving the layout, adding roads, buildable resource structures, increasing plot sizes (oh they did that one already!! hurray!!) etc.

I have a dragon btw. And I'm all for improving them in ways that makes sense.. But adding t4 resources to the island just cause "I'm a dragon" isn't a good reason to move forward with this idea.. There are plenty of other places to get t4 resources.

How in 28 words did you get that I was so bothered by this? hahaha
    Thanks. Have a good day killer

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Thread Information