Thread: Lost materials during lairshaping...???

Angry Lost materials during lairshaping...???

Hi everyone.. well, I'm no crafter, I'm a 92 Ancient and crafting level is only 38. So I decided to try to pick it up this time around and get to crafting! I bought my first ever lair, and am eager to begin work on it. I planned out a couple of straight hallways and a bend. I gathered up my list of needed materials. Spent a few hours grinding out 13 maelstones - I needed 12 - 4 for each of the straight/straight/bend constructions.

I finally (without the use of silos because I didn't know about them / can't find any? x_x) FINALLY drag the 13 rough maelstones over to my lair. I stood in front of it, hit Contribute, 4 of the rough maelstones to the straight hallway. Got an error, not close enough to the structure. So I went inside the lair, right in front of the door. Hit Contribute again, 4 of the rough maelstones to the straight hallway... get another error, I forgot to use Lairshaping ability. Okay, cool, I haven't done lairshaping before, didn't know "Contribute" would be exactly like crafting next to a machine. So I finally, standing closer, and with LS active now, contribute 4 to the straight.

And guess what? THE 8 THAT I WOULD HAVE CONTRIBUTED ARE GONE.
    Only four maelstones, the ones in which I was standing inside the lair and had active lairshaping, actually were contributed. The others just POOFED into nothingness.

You'd think that if I were unable to contribute items due to not having an ability active or not standing close enough, you'd think that I would get an error and wouldn't be able to attempt to Contribute. But, what?! Those 8 maelstones are just disappeared into nowhere?

I understand that it was only a few hours work, but that was a few hours that just poofed into nothing because of terrible coding. At least, I hope that's what it was. If it was intended, then this is problematic enough that I'm going to immediately stop playing, or at least give up on crafting and not renew my subsription. This is ridiculous.

Pardon me for sounding angry. NORMALLY in games when your character is unable to do something, they don't "do it" anyways magically.

I made a ticket about this a day ago but it has not yet been addressed. I don't really know what to do. Obviously not work on my lair...

Default Re: Lost materials during lairshaping...???

Whoa! That's not supposed to happen. I'll add it to the list of urgent things to look at. A CSR will still need to address your specific ticket, but this might be a more general problem, and that concerns me.

BTW, what shard are you on?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Doublechecking to make sure I understand this right:

You had 12 (13?) malestones in your inventory/cargo disk.
    You contributed 4 units to your straight corridor.
    12 maelstones vanished out of your inventory. The corridor credited you for 4.

How high is your lairshaping skill? When putting construction pieces into a lair or plot structure, they cost at minimum 2 pieces to contribute 1 unit to construction. It costs more as your skill is lower and lower than the optimal, capped by the minimum skill to make/place the pieces at all. If your skill was low enough to make it cost you 3 pieces per 1 unit placed, those 8 "extras" didn't disappear, that's just how expensive they are to place.

If you were at optimal and too many vanished, yeah, bad bug bad, Steelclaw/whoever needs to go look into it ASAP while everyone avoids lairshaping until this is resolved. However, there's a chance this might just be normal.

I will agree with Thickleslip.

if you adding 4 units of maelstones to your straight corridor,and you are not opt. that 4 units take 3 resources each, or 12 total. When your opt, those 4 will only take 8.

you would have needed 36 total maelstones to make those 3 corridors. (3 corridors *4 units/corridor *3 resources/unit=36 resources)

I reccomend downloading the Horizons Crafting Calculator to help you keep track of the sometimes very painful art of Lairshaping. If you need help using it, just ask here and anyone will be glad to assist.
    Horizons Crafting Calculator Update Team Member
    Code Name: Webdragon
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

ive attached a picture outlining where it is that says this information i mentioned in my last post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

I just typed up a response and realized that Valareos was completely correct. I didn't know about that; I hadn't noticed that it said "Resources Needed Per Unit: 3." Omg!

I feel much, much better now. It's not doing the work that was peeving me, it was that I thought I had lost them miraculously.

I apologize for my ignorance and angry response. I'm new to this/coming back to this. Nothing was wrong here in game. I just overlooked something. Those 12 were contributed properly. I wish it would say "Need: 12 Done: 0" instead of "Need: 4 Done: 0"... lol.

Thanks everyone, for your concerns!!! I'll delete/close my ticket if I can. Back to laircrafting

Blargh. I read your post wrong too! I thought you weren't able to add any to the structure.

Ah well. Back to work!
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by konikitty View Post
    I just typed up a response and realized that Valareos was completely correct. I didn't know about that; I hadn't noticed that it said "Resources Needed Per Unit: 3." Omg!

I feel much, much better now. It's not doing the work that was peeving me, it was that I thought I had lost them miraculously.

I apologize for my ignorance and angry response. I'm new to this/coming back to this. Nothing was wrong here in game. I just overlooked something. Those 12 were contributed properly. I wish it would say "Need: 12 Done: 0" instead of "Need: 4 Done: 0"... lol.

Thanks everyone, for your concerns!!! I'll delete/close my ticket if I can. Back to laircrafting
    Thanks to thickleslip as well. :P he beat me too the original answer, I simply reexplained and gave screenshot
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

Ran into this exact same "problem" when I began lair-shaping, a couple of weeks ago...'tis more than a little confusing! But, I'll also second the suggestion of using the Horizons Crafting Computer...just make sure you keep your profile updated as your lair-shaping skill improves...I've got a printed report in front of me for each chamber/corridor I'm doing right now, with exact numbers of every single resource and material I need, and use that, rather than what the construction/contribution widget tells me. Much easier, for me, to keep track of what I've done and what I still need.
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Thread Information