Thread: Race Change?

Default Race Change?

I know this might be a lofty request, but I think a one-time chance to change to another biped race when going from F2P Human to a pay account would be awesome.

Even if it was just offered as a pay service, I think it could be nice. I've not gotten deep enough into the game to see what kind of problems it could cause. Obviously changing to and from Dragon wouldn't work. Just the bipeds...

EDIT: After posting this, I realized it might fit better in the Suggestions forum. Sorry for putting it in the wrong place!

Default Re: Race Change?

No thanks. Too easy to abuse. I've paid my subscriptions to be a Sslisk.
    If there were an option to take all the time in the world to grind a free character then pay to have it look the way I wanted, that's years of fees I wouldn't have had to pay.

Well, I don't see where the abuse comes into play, but okay... I respect your opinion.

I had hit 13 in Warrior and 11 in Blacksmith when I decided to sub (not exactly years of grinding there). But even if a F2P player did put years worth of grinding into their character, what does it really hurt if they decide to sub and become an elf? I'd argue that it would entice them to subscribe since they wouldn't have to start over, and once they change their race they are locked into supporting the game financially if they want to play. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince you. Just putting a different opinion out there. Even if it was a paid service, race changes don't seem any more harmful than name changes.

I am going to have to agree with shian here.. it would be to easy to power level a human and then just switch its race one you got to high level content. it would cheat virtrum out of a lot of money.

i wouldnt be opposed to this for paid races though, or if a person already had a paid subscription with a human main they wanted to change.
    but i can understand where you are coming from
    just there are definately people out there who would abuse it

A name change is a simple change which can be done via the launcher.

Changing race is much more difficult and has been pointed out is something which opens up potential problems and exploits in the system. Not something that is likely to happen, in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    No thanks. Too easy to abuse. I've paid my subscriptions to be a Sslisk.
    If there were an option to take all the time in the world to grind a free character then pay to have it look the way I wanted, that's years of fees I wouldn't have had to pay.
    Yup. Exactly this.

OP, support the game, just pay the sub

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Thread Information