Thread: Deleting a character

Default Deleting a character

Hi , I'm trying figure our how to delete a character. I've been everywhere I figured you could and don't see it anywhere. Also while I'm asking questions, how many toons can you have on a gifted sub?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Deleting a character

You can have 7 characters with a gifted subscription. And to delete a char, go to http://play.istaria.com/ then click "My Characters" under the side bar on the left. From there, on the right you should see "Delete Characters". Voila~

Yeah. No.

It doesn't seem to be working for me.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

If you're using the JavaLauncherII.jar launcher, you can delete characters from there. If you haven't tried the JavaLauncherII.jar yet... well, you ought to! It's quite spiffy.

Click to see a full-size view of the launcher if you're still confused!

Or, if you are using the older launcher: highlight the character, click manage, then delete. A pop-up box will ask you to confirm deletion.

I just found and tried the JavaLauncherII.jar launcher, but it won't let me play. Just keeps saying "Failed to create directories". Shame, because it is prettier.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Well, gee, where do I get that?

I'm apparently using jlauncher.exe, since that's what was downloaded on my fresh (one week old) install!

I went to http://play.istaria.com, because it worked the last time I used it.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I can't help you if it's not there already, but JavaLauncherII.jar was lurking in the root of my Istaria install alongside jlauncher.exe and a bunch of other things.

Not sure how fresh my install is though! I do believe this is a copy of what I had on my last XP machine aaaand no idea when that was installed.

Out of curiosity, what does the archive button do? I tried pressing it but have no clue if it did anything.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Was successfully able to swap the file the launcher directs to, and log into Blight with JavaLauncherII.jar... however...

The launcher returned an error message when I tried to delete Veruliyam_chaos...

Thread Information