Thread: If another game with dragons..

Hybrid View

Default If another game with dragons..

OK i started this here beacuse i know this is going to go down hill fast, but If another Full Scale MMO on par with the current main MMOS comes out that has dragons as playable race will you....(see poll)

Leave istaria with out looking back
    play istaria and the other one
    GO check it out before deciding
    Stick with Horizons, dragon is main
    Stick with Horizons, Dragons were not my draw to the game

Default Re: If another game with dragons..

I`d check it out first, then if I like it I`ll play both, totaly not leaving HZ. my friends are here, and the game`s got such an excellent platform, and crafting system. I`ll never leave Istaria!

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I`d check it out first, then if I like it I`ll play both, totaly not leaving HZ. my friends are here, and the game`s got such an excellent platform, and crafting system. I`ll never leave Istaria!
    Totally agreed to this! ^-^

playable dragons is one thing

but its the community that makes us fly.

And what about rites? Lairs? Scales and primal?

I surely would look into this new game. Like I look into nearly all new games.

I live in Istaria for several reasons- being a dragon might be the best one.
    But not the only one.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm pretty tired of jumping to this game and that game. I think this is the main reason I returned. I like this even without the ultra modern graphics. It's home.

I'd give it a try, but I suspect like most people there's more to my enjoyment of Istaria than just being a great big purple sack of scales. I play Istaria for the community, the crafting, the plots/lairs, and the dragons. Now, if someone could offer a really good dragon-PC mmo featuring all that AND things Istaria doesn't have/do as well (m'lookin' at you, combat) maybe I'd leave. Maybe not.

Stick with Istaria dragons were not my draw

To me the most important race in this game is the Saris. If another game would come up with a decent cat race, I might take a look. But I think the crafting part and multiclass adventure thing... I'm too deep inside of that to just leave for something else.

Too many people are reducing this great game to dragons in my opinion... if you want to play a whole different game, but keep the community, just start a biped. It really is VERY much different and istaria is like two games in one, biped and dragon. The overlap is amusingly small.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Because...this is the only game with playable, 4-legged winged flying, dragons.

You can play catpeople in several other games, games with rich crafting systems too (though none witih multi-classing Im aware of).

But cat people? Yea thats been done several times over. Nothing different there.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I'm here for the dragons. If there weren't dragon player characters, I wouldn't play Istaria, simple as that.

If there was another game with player dragons (and I wouldn't be picky about having to be fourlegged - but they'd have to be not humanoid), I'd certainly give it a go.

But I wouldn't be in any hurry to cancel my subscription to Istaria.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Because...this is the only game with playable, 4-legged winged flying, dragons.

You can play catpeople in several other games, games with rich crafting systems too (though none witih multi-classing Im aware of).

But cat people? Yea thats been done several times over. Nothing different there.
    I came originally for the dragon, I played as the dragon, but I left because of the game.

If another game came out with playable dragons, I would try it. But my bar would be this game. If I could piecemeal purchase content, I would be back in this game. But the sub is too expesnive for me to play this level of a game.

I will say that many aspects of this game are not matched in any other game. Crafting, dragons, and player made content (buildings, towns, etc). But the similar aspects this game has matched in every other game is not exactly up to snuff with the competition.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    To me the most important race in this game is the Saris. If another game would come up with a decent cat race, I might take a look. But I think the crafting part and multiclass adventure thing... I'm too deep inside of that to just leave for something else.

Too many people are reducing this great game to dragons in my opinion... if you want to play a whole different game, but keep the community, just start a biped. It really is VERY much different and istaria is like two games in one, biped and dragon. The overlap is amusingly small.
    Elder Scrolls Online. Kajiit are cats.

The game certainly shows its age sometimes.

I think, 99% of the reason why I'm still subbed to Istaria, is that I check content patches hoping for something awesome that makes me want to play Istaria, something awesome that says "Come back and play me more!"

But, I haven't really seen that quite yet and my finances are getting a little tighter, RL. I've always supported the game because it has such unique elements, but yet at the same time, I'm paying for something that I just can't really bring myself to have an interest in.

I'm not saying the game is bad, but when you stack the game's incredibly dated engine against other games that are much more smooth and polished, you can see the difference and it is a bit sad. As much as I love this game, there's sadly limits as to what they can do with the engine.

I have tons of respect for the guys at VI; they've managed to find new ways to stretch or dodge limits to bring us new stuff, but at the same time... when the game just feels awkward and clunky compared to my other game of choice, I kinda ask myself "Why am I logging into this instead of that?" and the only reason I can come up with is "Playing a Dragon and building a house/lair", I'm wondering if I should really be spending money on that.

Again, no offense to the game or VI itself meant at all.

Heaven Itself would be if someone at VI were to win the lottery and be able to re-do the game's engine/UI/etc and bring it up to speed with modern MMORPGs, but yet keep the same magic (buildable houses/lairs, playable dragons).

I'll still play both. I'm usually playing 2 MMOs at a time anyways to fulfill one need or another.
    I'm a picky gamer and if there's one thing that modern games drop the ball on it's their crafting system. Current MMOs for whatever reason don't cater to crafters, often leaving the system out entirely.
    There's little things that every MMO has a pull for me, but not one has had 'everything'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I'll still play both. I'm usually playing 2 MMOs at a time anyways to fulfill one need or another.
    I'm a picky gamer and if there's one thing that modern games drop the ball on it's their crafting system. Current MMOs for whatever reason don't cater to crafters, often leaving the system out entirely.
    There's little things that every MMO has a pull for me, but not one has had 'everything'.
    ohoh, this for me as well, if a game lacks MY field of gaming (housing and crafting, which istaria rules in, and ofcourse exploring), I am OUT XD

friend of mine is making a pvp game based on rl mechanics will have playable dragons un nerfed , if u want eat some one , can raise whole citys to the ground , but wil have lots of other classes each with there own abiltys , im go there when its out but wil never leave istaria , istaria atm is to bugy for me and is no longer fun to play

Talking Re: If another game with dragons..

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrystal View Post
    friend of mine is making a pvp game based on rl mechanics will have playable dragons un nerfed , if u want eat some one , can raise whole citys to the ground , but wil have lots of other classes each with there own abiltys , im go there when its out but wil never leave istaria , istaria atm is to bugy for me and is no longer fun to play
    \o/ While raising a city in the wrong direction sounds fun, I agree with the general consensus... Istaria is more than just playable dragons, it's also about the community and the unique lore, as well as the.. Err.. 'Amazing' game mechanics. Something new like that, might possibly get thirty seconds notice. After that, I would run right back to Ista. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrystal View Post

I'm so happy Istaria ISN't PvP. I would never leave for a PvP game, on the other hand, if Istaria would become PvP I would leave in an instant.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information