Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMC where is the dragon equivalent?

Default GMC where is the dragon equivalent?

I have worked hard to reach 100 in all three schools that dragons have available to them. I would like to proudly wear an emblem that says master crafter.. but I get expert?! Bipeds get GMC. Hhmmm.. seems unfair to me. I have nothing against bipeds reaching that goal and earning that title in fact I tip my hat to them, it takes quite a bit of dedication and effort.. it is a lot of schools to lvl. But the crux of the matter is that if a dragon reached 100 in all three of our schools we only get expert?

We should also have a master title.. we also worked hard to achieve that goal. Lairshaping in particular is a hard school to lvl (so Ive been told and having done that class to 100 I can attest) so I only get expert?! seems the scales are tipped in favor of bipeds this time. Please be so kind as to give us a master emblem as well. Thank you.

On a side note.. for bipeds that achieve GMC and dragons that lvl all classes to 100 they should be able to process t6 mats at a 3:1 ratio we've worked we should be able to have it easier to process. Think that is a fair request. Please take this into consideration. Thank you.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Default Re: GMC where is the dragon equivalent?

I really don't think that getting all 3 dragon schools to a 100 equals the leveling of 19 ped craftschools to a 100.
    It doesn't even come close.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I really don't think that getting all 3 dragon schools to a 100 equals the leveling of 19 ped craftschools to a 100.
    More like getting what, the equivalent of 5-8 craft schools to 100?

The rest are easily powerleveled with T5 materials in a snap. Well, up to Lv90 or so. That is, assuming you did it "correctly".

But I suppose it is still slightly more work than dragons. Still though. A Dragon Master Crafter emblem wouldn't hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    no but I did point out that leveling all those schools is a great undertaking thats why peds get the GMC GRAND Master emblem.. dragons can get a master crafter emblem as we only have two craft classes having an emblem doesnt hurt any and it would say Master not grand master

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    More like getting what, the equivalent of 5-8 craft schools to 100?

The rest are easily powerleveled with T5 materials in a snap. Well, up to Lv90 or so. That is, assuming you did it "correctly".

But I suppose it is still slightly more work than dragons. Still though. A Dragon Master Crafter emblem wouldn't hurt anything.
    Thank you.

NO powerlevling here.. did it myself the hard way and proud to say it didn't look for handouts but accepted help when it was given.. so I can say I have earned a Master Crafter emblem

A dragon master crafter emblem wouldn''t hurt indeed. Everybody would know that it is for only 2 schools.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydragon View Post
    Thank you.

NO powerlevling here.. did it myself the hard way and proud to say it didn't look for handouts but accepted help when it was given.. so I can say I have earned a Master Crafter emblem
    How exactly did you do it "the hard way" for all 19 schools?

You are inevitably going to run into an instance where you have one school leveled and another not, unless you were constantly switching schools every 5 levels?

Unless you're misunderstanding what I meant by "powerleveling".

Scenario: You leveled Blacksmith to 100.

You now have 800+ skill in Smelting, Lumbering, Stoneworking, Sculpting, Metalworking, Weaponcraft, Fletching.

How exactly would you level Weaponcrafter, Armorer, etc without powerleveling?

If you take, say, Armorer and go out and collect a load of Bronze, you'll get no XP for smelting it. Are you trying to tell me that you threw out the smelting XP just to craft the bronze armor, instead of doing what any sane person would have done, and chose to merely craft Cobalt Bars until Armorer was high enough to craft Cobalt Ringmail Belts?

Or what about Weaponcrafter? If your Blacksmith is 100, there is nothing you can make that won't "powerlevel" the craft. Your Smelting AND Weaponcrafting are 800+. You are forced to do T4, T3 won't give you enough exp. This means that your first 70+ levels are going to zip by in a couple hours.

That's what I meant by "powerleveling".

I'd be curious as to how you managed to level all 19 biped craft schools without doing this.

Edit: Please don't misunderstand my tone here, I'm merely trying to understand your meaning, I'm not berating you, disbelieving you, etc.

I agree for the emblem to say Master. But getting a dragon their takes a heck of a lot less time than it does to get a ped through all the classes to be a GMC. So the title definitly shouldn't say "Grand".. as its really not all that grand.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Cool Re: GMC where is the dragon equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    How exactly did you do it "the hard way" for all 19 schools?
    Not to berate you either, but I'm going to say Ladydragon is actually a dragon, and given the original post is suggesting they have leveled their dragon to lvl 100 (not a ped) and would like an emblem to reflect this

As has been mentioned, I also would like to see such an emblem, but just having a slightly different name seems applicable. Perhaps Master Dragon Crafter.

Happy hunting, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Not to berate you either, but I'm going to say Ladydragon is actually a dragon, and given the original post is suggesting they have leveled their dragon to lvl 100 (not a ped) and would like an emblem to reflect this

As has been mentioned, I also would like to see such an emblem, but just having a slightly different name seems applicable. Perhaps Master Dragon Crafter.

Yes I am a dragon and I would definitely like an emblem that reflects my accomplishments.

Believe I did mention in my thirdl post that I just want my Master Crafter emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post

My apologies.

The way she said that, made it sound like she *also* had a biped alt who had GMC and that she did all of those levels without any sort of powerleveling.

I misunderstood.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i approve totally of dragons receiving any/all equivelant emblems and such that peds do. it is only right and fair - dragons put all the same energy and effort into mastery that peds do.
    just because they have limited skewls does not change this fact.

while it may be relatively easy for a dragon to become a 'master crafter' with only one 'crafting' skewl, throwing in lairshaper makes it a new ballgame altogether. lairshaper is quite a difficult skewl to master. if crystalshaper ever becomes available as a skewl, i imagine that will be equally, if not more so, as difficult.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I agree with the Master Dragon Crafter yes yes, leave the Grandmaster to the Peds ^^
    and Expert dragon crafter for 1 school of craft to 100

There should be something like a "master crafter " emblem for dragons.

And if it was only to give younger drags a reason to learn craft-
    even if it hurts^^.

Would take some work off dragon "Mastercrafters" scaley shoulders:
    I assume there will not be much of dragon- masters around.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I have to admit that I was quite disapointed finding out that i could not get a master crafter emblem after my dragon got both crafting classes to 100
    So yes, a Master Dragon Crafter emblem should be in indeed in game.

Edit regarding Ladydragon' sidenote
    I'd Also love to see Dragons beeing able to process Stone and Essence at 1:3 ratio as it is happening with Metals (1400 required skill to reach 1:3)
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

There is the "Master Builder" emblem for bipeds that finished the five building classes and the "Grand Master" one for all 19. I don't like the idea having a master emblem that has not been gained for the same effort as other compareable titles. Give it a name that fits the effort, but please keep the master titles to bipeds, or give us bipeds the same damage output like the dragons have now ,)
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

aww, come-on... lairshaping counts as 4 builder classes :P
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Honestly.... Give dragons classes please!!!! *SIGH!* Oh the old days... It's to late to do that now of course =P

Wonder why they didn't break up lair crafting into 4 different classes like they did with the biped stuff. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    There is the "Master Builder" emblem for bipeds that finished the five building classes and the "Grand Master" one for all 19. I don't like the idea having a master emblem that has not been gained for the same effort as other compareable titles. Give it a name that fits the effort, but please keep the master titles to bipeds, or give us bipeds the same damage output like the dragons have now ,)
    sorry this not a thread about biped vs dragon but if you want to go there.. dragons are dependent on bipeds to smelt adman bars for them due to having a better processing ratio or cutting travertine slabs into bricks due to a better processing ratio or rad essence into orbs due to a better processing ratio.. shall I go on! And before you get yourself all twisted, and I'm not being nasty, rude, etc. I'm just pointing out a true fact. I can process these items but at a 5:1 ratio or I need pots/scales/buffs (from a ped mind you) to get to 4:1. A ped can reach 3:1 or even 2:1. So my question to you is, when was the last time you asked a dragon for help on anything besides being a mule to haul stuff?

And no, Im not starting an argument, just asking for a MASTER DRAGON CRAFTER EMBLEM. Can you really say I am not a master of my craft classes, given that we only have two? if you only complete 5 craft classes you are not a master, but a highly skilled apprentice, and therefore should have an emblem that states that.

Ter and all other bipeds:

We ask for a dragon MASTER crafter
    not
    for a
    GRANDMASTER.

A Dragon who has both schools at 100 is more than expert.
    He/she MASTERED all there is.

and*rp on* we do not need to be master of all tools and needles-
    we have more important things to do: Safe Istaria e.g. or protect little creatures while they are digging in the ground. helpless and defensless in their craft gears^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information