Thread: Getting old or just normally frustrating?

Threaded View

Default Getting old or just normally frustrating?

Upgrading to windows 7 has been chock full of many little irritations.

Today's escapade included trying to use the new "Windows Live Movie Maker". In addition to fighting with the fact that every tool I use was moved or missing, apparently I can't make a "just audio" movie like I have in the past.

In addition, what is this nonsense?!
    (Granted this was Vista, but I skipped Vista)

Who thought it was a good idea to not be able to listen to the thing you just recorded? Or be able to cut audio from a point? Nope. Record. Save. SERIOUSLY?!

This has been the norm since the beginning of Windows in 1992 (for me anyways). I know how it works. I can record stuff, I can cut stuff. I can record over stuff I didn't like. I can put the cursor to a specific spot and delete or cut or whatever. Simple simple simple.

Google search and downloading three different free programs all result in the same "I can record but I'm not going to let you listen to or edit it before I save" DERP.

More searching tells me this is more or less my only option:

Which requires a manual in itself. It won't record the first three seconds from my mic even though sound activated recording is disabled. I've had to say the same thing 12 different times just to get it to record correctly nevermind being able to edit the darn thing.

Why can't I just have the basic program back? I was hoping to have this up by the end of the day because it's BF's birthday tomorrow and we'll be busy for the next three weekends or so.

To top it off, Windows Live Movie maker tells me that .wav is not a recognized file format so the wrestling I did with audacity to get it to work was for nothing.
    Fantastic.
    Last edited by Shian; March 10th, 2012 at 03:02 AM.

Thread Information