Thread: Blight Update 220 Discussion

Default Blight Update 220 Discussion

You can discuss Blight Update 220 here. Note, this will be applied today or tomorrow.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 220 Discussion

Journeyman Antidote potions now use Strong Venom as a component instead of specific tech component venoms.
    Expert Antidote potions now use Deadly Venom as a component instead of specific tech component venoms and no longer require a Scorpion Tail Stinger.
    Thank you - thank you - thank you!! :-D

Lots of good things in this update. Highlighting my favorites:

Quote Originally Posted by Blight Update 220
    Sheila Jonis in Bristugo is now a vendor and sells a new line of social hats.
    Oooh! I look forward to checking these out. :D

Reduced the quantity of gems required for the quest "Marcus' Quest: Missing Shipment of Gems" so that players can complete the quest without needing a cargo disk or becoming overburdened.
    That quest always gave me trouble. Glad to hear it's now less...unexpectedly time-consuming and inconvenient for the level and experience range it's aimed at.

Lowered the dodge and parry skill, but raised the Health, of Kwellen Berserkers.
    I like the thinking behind this. Missing is annoying and frustrating, but you always know an enemy's health going into the fight so dealing with their health is not annoying or frustrating.

Journeyman Antidote potions now use Strong Venom as a component instead of specific tech component venoms.
    Expert Antidote potions now use Deadly Venom as a component instead of specific tech component venoms and no longer require a Scorpion Tail Stinger.
    Agreeing with Awdz: this is excellent!

Removed Valkor's long patrol route, he once again spawns in his fortress.
    Order thanks you, I suspect.

A Hatchling must now be at least 30 days (real time) old before starting their Rite of Passage quest.
    I have heard the masses rejoicing.

Brannagor on the Observatory Peninsula is now a Blight instead of a Ghost.
    :)

Exsanguinating crystals now have a purple tint.
    Cool.

And now a question to any other players who are reading this and who are familiar with travel scrolls:
    Travel Scrolls now have a 30 minute cooldown.
    Is this an increase or a decrease?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    And now a question to any other players who are reading this and who are familiar with travel scrolls:

Is this an increase or a decrease?
    It's a decrease
    Used to be 60mins.
    Now makes them very usefull for crafters and craft areas not located right next to a portal.

Very good news

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    It's a decrease
    Used to be 60mins.
    Now makes them very usefull for crafters and craft areas not located right next to a portal.

Very good news
    Glad to hear that. Hopefully people will bother to make and sell them now.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Everything there looks great, especially the changes on Lesser Aradoth. Keep up the good work guys!
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Sooo.. Is Blight 218/219/220 going live anytime soon?

Starting to feel this update to the live servers is taking waaay to long.

What are we waiting for? 221 to come around and be applied to blight also before the live servers see any change?

There are many people waiting for these changes. As the wait drags on, these players are logging in less and less... I'm one of them.

Can we get an update when these patches are going to be applied?!

Update please? Something.. anything.... (well, have there be some truth to it)

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Thank you for the encouragement. It's good to know that there's enough in this set of patches that people are excited about it and waiting for it.

If you want to see the patch make it to live faster, I'd like to suggest that you log in to Blight and help test it. We're encouraging everyone to do so.

At this time, we're not going to patch it to live until we've either tested ourselves or had others report good results from the patches, as there is a lot that has changed with this patch. So I honestly can't tell you when that will happen, as it depends on when that testing is complete.

Folks, this thread is a discussion of Blight delta 220... NOT about testers on Blight. Please keep your posts on topic.

Thread Information