Thread: Talk to the Team: Healer

Hybrid View

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

Ok heres my 2 pennys. I have played Healer in many mmo's and i have a lvl 100 healer here too. healer is eazy to lvl here its just REAY slow the role of a healer isnt dmg so added a bolt or somthing seems out of the role of a healer. It seems to me when doing epic runs the aggro from my heals is crazy high and i have no way to negate that other then not healing. so maybe a abilty or spell that lowers aggro from heals or lowering the aggro from heals would be a good start. Im a little shocked no one had talked about this. another point to make IMHO a healer should be 2nd to none in healing no one should even come close i have not played druid/claric to 100 yet so now way from me to realy know yet so maybe make the heals better for healer only. ill take this time to add the aggro system need to be tweaked a ton here let tanks be tanks and healers be healers not tanks. I hunted SoG yester day half the time my healers was the tank thats got to get fixed
    thank you for your time and sorry for the bad grammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peylor View Post
    It seems to me when doing epic runs the aggro from my heals is crazy high and i have no way to negate that other then not healing. so maybe a abilty or spell that lowers aggro from heals or lowering the aggro from heals would be a good start. Im a little shocked no one had talked about this. .
    I did^^:

<<and in my opinion healers should be best in defense- so I like to see something like CoT/spiked scales- but stronger- and only on the healer himself
    (makes sense, cause mobs tend to go for the healer first).
    <<
    (post No.16 here)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Aggro to the healers makes perfect sense from the enemies point of view... admit it, if you happen to be fighting a group of undeads that has some healer mob inside it, you'll want to kill that first. If you don't, you'll have a hard time killing all the other mobs from that group, because that **** healer heals them all the time.

The best way to avoid aggro from healing is keeping your distance. Stay in a distance that is as far as possible from the mob, but allows you to cast your heals on the tanks (and maybe other spells on the mob). That usually keeps aggro away from you.
    Please don't mess with that... it just makes perfect sense. :)

Also the healer already has the abilities to raise it's heals... of course the nature guys (druid, shaman,...) still can heal nearly as good as the healer. But that is because of the multi-class nature of Istaria. Please don't change that. Maybe revisit the healers passive abilities to heal more than the spell states. From my feeling they are not very powerful. But I haven't really evaluated that in numbers... it's just that I don't see much difference in healing power between healer or shaman on the same character with the same spells.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Good point about all the aggro to healers. This makes it almost impossible for a mid level healer to do their job in a group. And even at level 100 with skills from other classes, the aggro is awful. Sometimes to target a group member and heal them it's necessary to step in a bit closer and ZAP, all of a sudden you've got ten debuffs and hits coming your way, have to use your own heals on yourself.

Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!

@Garfonso Aggro to the healers makes perfect sense from the enemies point of view...

it does and giveing a healer the abilty to drop aggro does too. is all im was saying there. but that point only works on semi smart mobs whats the reson on the bugs ?

how about a silence spell, to stop enemies from casting, can even work on stun/mez immune mobs. since it doesn't stop them from fighting. but will temporarily stop them them from casting certain attacks and heals. would be useful against Myloc Queen, Daknor and Faffy.

would be very similar to sorcerers ability to spellbind. can be used to stop blighted clerics from healing mobs that a healer or cleric is trying to kill.. that is so annoying

get a mob down 1/2 and a blighted cleric heals it back to full, and constantly heals after. almost impossible for some ppl to kill the mob their fighting. make it masterable like spellbind ability also. so can be used by some other classes, just as spellbind can be used.

can be spell or ability, or both. same timers as spellbind and numbing haze.
    Last edited by Merrik; April 29th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    how about a silence spell, to stop enemies from casting
    I love this idea. Could have single target and aoe on enemies, like dispirit foe(s) works: "Silence foe(s)" (or perhaps "Mute Foe(s)", since we'd still hear other sound effects like cries of pain when enemies get hit).

Another thought is some sort of heal-over-time spell, like the pain/damage is drained into the ground: "Drain Wounds" or "Grounded Damage". Alternatively, this could reduce the amount of damage initially taken.

More than that, though, I really believe healers should have spells to damage undead targets, undoing the abomination that mocks the life energies with which healers work.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I love this idea. Could have single target and aoe on enemies, like dispirit foe(s) works: "Silence foe(s)" (or perhaps "Mute Foe(s)", since we'd still hear other sound effects like cries of pain when enemies get hit).

Another thought is some sort of heal-over-time spell, like the pain/damage is drained into the ground: "Drain Wounds" or "Grounded Damage". Alternatively, this could reduce the amount of damage initially taken.

More than that, though, I really believe healers should have spells to damage undead targets, undoing the abomination that mocks the life energies with which healers work.
    Agreed, but should also apply to paladin school. original designs of Paladins in early games were designed to fight/protect against undead. and also aid healers in combat

This could apply to both threads about healer and paladins

love the changes!! I do have a suggestion . Can we please get an offensive life spell ( life bolt or life wave ) and a life damage tech ?

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    love the changes!! I do have a suggestion . Can we please get an offensive life spell ( life bolt or life wave ) and a life damage tech ?
    Don't really think either applies to Healer as damage would seem to be counter to the purpose of the school.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Don't really think either applies to Healer as damage would seem to be counter to the purpose of the school.
    then what about heal recycle IV and V? *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    then what about heal recycle IV and V? *crosses fingers*
    Heal Recycle V would make Major Health, Health, and Minor health into repeaters... Recycle would be 0. The Tier4 versions with recycle 4 would be on 5 second recycles...

Healer itself doesn't really need anything offensive.

Those classes already exist, as different classes. Bloodmage, Spiritist, Cleric, Druid are all strong offensive schools that can use all the healing spells. Healer can use their spells... Bloodmage gets an additional heal and an additional group heal even.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Heal Recycle V would make Major Health, Health, and Minor health into repeaters... Recycle would be 0. The Tier4 versions with recycle 4 would be on 5 second recycles...

Healer itself doesn't really need anything offensive.
    1. I know this :D

2. We'll have to agree to disagree i think it needs just a little help

Youre using teched gear and heals right? My heals do about 600-700 per heal,and with newest addition Queens Vertebrae,they go up to 900-1000 sometimes. my life skill is at ~1.7k life and focus at ~1.7k also with healer specific gear. in all this theres only 1 obsolete item, aroahs health crystal which adds +50 hp and +25 life, everything else was crafted.

healers have Group instant heal and Group health and Aura that already does what youre asking for. Though I agree that one more group heal would be nice. Im often running into this situation when I used all my heals on group and have no more,and have to spread arms and say to group "sorry,cant heal" . this is very apparent in Surtheim hunts especially. this is when I switch to offensive spells and debuffs to fill time in cooldowns. but when I think "healer",i see no dmg, only healing and support for group (that's what I want healer to be). but overall im satisfied with healer class.
    Last edited by Tilithia; September 15th, 2017 at 03:42 PM.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Be sure you are using Aura of Health. It was greatly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I still think something that damages undead would be entirely fitting/appropriate to the life-giving school. Can't all living things have high resistance to life damage and undead not? Would help cleric and paladin schools, too.

ok what about the new cherubs song for Healer? the moment i saw it mentioned in the cleric thread i thought "its not much but it does seem highly fitting for the healer"

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    ok what about the new cherubs song for Healer? the moment i saw it mentioned in the cleric thread i thought "its not much but it does seem highly fitting for the healer"
    Most adventure schools have a defining ability, Cherub's Song was originally that ability for Clerics. It just got forgotten after it became highly ineffective. If Healers are to receive the Cleric's defining ability then what do you suggest for a new defining ability to make available for Clerics instead?

Thread Information