Thread: Unable to Log In to Blight

Default Unable to Log In to Blight

I tried logging into Blight today for the first time in I am not sure when. It scanned and patched, then got to the part where it wanted to delete old files so things would run properly. I tell it fine, delete the files. It tries to continue and then closes with the notice "libIGCore.dll was not found" "Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". That file name looks suspiciously like one of the files the patching process told me it had to delete to make things work.

I can log into live just fine, was running two char from one computer with no problems. No idea what the hang up with Blight is. If you try to offer solutions type real slow for dummies as I am a computer illiterate.

Default Re: Unable to Log In to Blight

what I can`t do anymore is
    running 2 chars on one comp on different shards.

This was possible before that world chache thing-

So make sure you have all chars only on one shard- it will patch whenever you change shard.

(sry poor explanation- I`m a comp illiterate as well )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

With the blight client from 220 you can play on order. I did the whole week without issues (and I'm still not getting used to the client closing all my inventory windows *cry*).

The library thing sounds odd, though... have you tried a full scan on blight to get it running on blight?

A fullscan should completely repair the client. (So if you run into problems with live, do a full scan on the live shard ).

Anyway, I'm a computer nerd and don't suggest people to do what I am doing... most probably it's a good idea to have two installations of istaria on your PC if you want to play on blight and on a live shard. At least you should do a full scan from time to time.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I think I wasn't clear enough as to what the problem seems to be.

1. I tried for the first time in I don't know when to log into Blight. I know old world caches don't play nice so the world cache for Blight was already cleared a few weeks ago when I cleared all shard caches because I was upset about the missing ground clutter and was making sure it wasn't on my end. (I clear cache manually in computer files and put that rascal in the recycle bin personally.)
    2. I attempted to log in doing a full scan.
    3. Failure to log in with libIGCore.ddl not found message.

This hasn't changed, I am getting the same today. Yesterday for a check I dual logged into Order with no problems. Today to test what LOVWYRM mentioned I dual logged Order and Chaos at the same time with no problems. I am not about to attempt to dual log live and test simultaneously as that seems like a recipe for disaster. I have in the past dual logged characters on Blight. I routinely do full scans when switching between live and test shards.

When doing the full scan on attempted blight log in, one of the items that comes up in the delete list is liblGCore.dll which I am not sure might be a font issue and the liblGCore.dll is really the same as the libIGCore.dll that I am seeing in the error message.

libIGCore.dll is an important part of the client. (It's the core of Alchemy.) You definitely need this.

... and the libIG*.dll files are missing from the blight master_file_list. Reporting this issue internally.

In the mean time, you may be able to log in to blight by logging in to live, disabling patching, and logging in to blight; or patching to blight, failing to launch, disabling patching, copying dpvs.dll and libIG*.dll from a working live install, and trying again.
    Last edited by Steelclaw; March 31st, 2012 at 05:13 AM.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thanks Steelclaw. I was able to get in to Blight by logging into live first and then not patching when I went to Blight.

Btw, what is the preferred manner for reporting typos on npc dialog? I found a couple in my short visit.

You're welcome. Thanks for pointing out the error.

As for reporting content bugs, Amon or Velea can probably provide more specific guidance. Though for the time being, please use the most recent "Current Bugs" thread for bugs found on Order or Chaos; and the most recent "Blight Update" (not the update discussion) thread for recent updates that haven't yet made it to Order or Chaos.

"Current Bugs": http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26059
    Blight update 221: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26130
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Word from the master_file_list maintainer is that he added the missing dlls and pushed the new file out to blight. Patching should no longer delete those files. Please patch and let us know what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Word from the master_file_list maintainer is that he added the missing dlls and pushed the new file out to blight. Patching should no longer delete those files. Please patch and let us know what happens!
    Seems to be working fine now. Was able to do full scans and patch in to Blight with a couple of characters. Then did full scan patch to Order with no trouble.

Great. Thanks!

Thread Information