Thread: order RP family line and achievements

Default order RP family line and achievements

i came up with one of my many ideas, some i am still working out.

anyway i thought that it might be nice to have in the roleplay server order a family blood line. for example if you 'adopt' someone it becomes your daughter/son and if you have a second one the other sees his/her brother/sister. thus this far it works the same as the guilt system so programming would be made easier.

then you get a few options and restrictions, by example the size of your family is restricted by the families hoard. if it is a hoard on it's own or the hoard of all combined members is to be determent later on.

the family heads can buy/give the family a cave where they can work on together and input resources in.

family quests; the last is that a family can get quests that you can only complete if a group (>2) works together.

-------------------------------
    thus so far my idea for rp families,
    second idea is achievements. we see them in all games, my idea for it was to make hidden once, once you completed an achievement (achievement will always be active) you can get something special like, something special for your hoard, a special looking armor part, nice title, etc etc. this will make to my opinion istaria just a bit more fun as you can make something like a weekly achievement too, or guilt achievements.

thus far my ideas for now, i would like to hear everyones opinion about those.

Default Re: order RP family line and achievements

It's kind of sad that you quite explicitly exclude bipeds from your family thing (you know that bipeds don't have hoard, right?)... so I won't comment any further on that. :P

Towards the achievements: The titles are quite the thing achievements are in other games... even the grinding is similar for some now... I'm talking of the kill 250 of XY to earn title XY killer. Then there is a second step with 500 and maybe some more... don't know.. haven't done many of them, yet.

How much more do you want from achievements? Where is the difference towards quests? I'm with you if you say there should be a higher number of complex quest lines (I like them ) or guild quests where you maybe even can set the title yourself?
    But I don't see the reason for a different achievement system. The current quest system (and also the quests that are available) are quite sufficient.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

well i don't ever have played a bipeds on istaria, i know that they can't have hoards but a solution can be found; family treasure that all combined members must have atleast an X amount of money or plot based that the family must devolp a plot and how more advanced the development is how more members your family can have.

well the idea is to have hidden achievement that cycle per update. so you need to go and look for them a little bit better. other achievements would last only 1 week.

As a roleplayer, I am appalled by the idea of tying "RP families" into game mechanics. It would only encourage people who don't actually roleplay to fill New Trismus chat with even more fluffy, insubstantial pseudo-RP "hi mommy hi daddy" tripe.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Actually SW:TOR is doing this but its within a single person's account (alts).

You can't bind families with other playres, but you and yoru alts can be part of a "family" that grants everyone special bonuses, RP emotes, faster leveling, and all types of stuff. Their "Legacy" system.

I"m not all into all of it simply because of the great dependence it puts on people rolling alts to get benefits (Or making a crapton of cash); but it IS possible to do this type of thing and NOT ruin RP.

It certainly hasn't in SW:TOR at all; but then its not applicable across accounts heh.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

their is a possibilty to counter the makeing of huge alt families, by limiting the amount of family members per username

we already did a family bloodline thing. it got so large that it was a bit unwieldy.

It wasn't the size that made it difficult to work with, it was the heavy tangle of connections.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Yea he's not talking about our OOC family-line maps for RP purposes on Order (and just cuz noone else had tried ot map it yet LOL )- he's talking about putting a mechanic in game that allowed players to identify to the GAME who their family members were and then allow those members to help each other in..different ways..or..something *shrugs*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information