Thread: breath of flame burst I

Default breath of flame burst I

i just put a scale set togather with focues scale with dragons breath/primel/power now im missing the spiders in doom Way more my set before was strength tooth and claw dex armor. theres got to be somthing wrong here. this is what im doing. i gather 6 to 10 spiders and PC-BoFb then kill off the remaning 2 or 3 with my new set im lucky to kill 2 out of 10.

Default Re: breath of flame burst I

ment to ask is this a bug ?

surely not
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Your old scale set with Strength/TnC/Dexterity was more up-front combat scales. The dexterity is what helps you hit evasive mobs. The TnC helped too I'm sure, and the Strength would allow you to hit harder.
    However, your new one - Dragon's Breath/Primal/Power - is more a caster build. Power is your spell strength modifier - how much damage you do with spells - and your Primal is basically like TnC but for spells. Dragon's Breath.. I honestly don't know what it really helps with, I don't bother with it.

So generally you traded your fighting power and accuracy for spell power and accuracy and, in return, hit weaker and less often with melee attacks.

Hope this helps

~Racktor

It depends which server board I think is which.

Oh, just noticed that you were talking about BFoB. Could have something to do with your scales still, but I'm unsure. Dexterity effects the accuracy of everything, so...

Nope... Dexterity does not influence spells. Focus is the Dexterity for spells, like Power is the Strength for them.

There still is an issue in the scale set: Why do you have two skills, Dragon Breath AND Primal? Which skill uses Breath of Flame Burst? Should it not be Dragon Breath? Then Primal won't help... next thing would be to determine if it really is a spell or a physical attack. But I don't know how to really determine that given it is an ability... it is ranged and does flame damage, the dragon breath skill is counted as "magic" in the wiki... I think that's the only clue we have.

How about the rest of your dragon? There is more than scales... for example training points?
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Frankly there is a bit of info missing to really know exactly what the problem is. Are you saying that you killed things with the breath of flame burst alone with only a couple stragglers to finish meleeing down with the first set of combat scales? It would help to know exactly how you are fighting as well as what you are wearing.

It has never been really plain to me if breath was considered a melee or magic base attack. I have leaned towards magic since we got the primal cast and it works on breath as well as spells. There has historically been poor accuracy with breath attacks, why many don't even bother using them. That has been helped with the extensions of the breath accuracy quest line. I am not in game to check what rank we max out at now.

I might have to go into the doom for a lark and pick on the spiders, see what kind of damage this primal dragon can do to them. I have never bothered trying to fight them, had no reason to previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    It has never been really plain to me if breath was considered a melee or magic base attack. I have leaned towards magic since we got the primal cast and it works on breath as well as spells. There has historically been poor accuracy with breath attacks, why many don't even bother using them. That has been helped with the extensions of the breath accuracy quest line. I am not in game to check what rank we max out at now.
    Breath Attacks are classified as magical attacks for purposes of to-hit and defense.

There still is an issue in the scale set: Why do you have two skills, Dragon Breath AND Primal? Which skill uses Breath of Flame Burst? Should it not be Dragon Breath? Then Primal won't help... next thing would be to determine if it really is a spell or a physical attack. But I don't know how to really determine that given it is an ability... it is ranged and does flame damage, the dragon breath skill is counted as "magic" in the wiki... I think that's the only clue we have.
    Yes, all Breath attacks use DragonBreath skill.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information