Thread: Myloc Quest 2

Default Myloc Quest 2

quest
    "Gaileach: the myloc queen (part 2)"
    seems buged
    trigers do not trigers, when I get proper items, and they trigers only when I trade my items (bowl (that I craft by myself) and water) with another player

Order shard
    Krinharth char.

This is not a bug, it is by design.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; April 19th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.

Default Re: Current Bugs: Spring 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    quest
    seems buged
    trigers do not trigers, when I get proper items, and they trigers only when I trade my items (bowl (that I craft by myself) and water) with another player

Order shard
    Krinharth char.

could you expand on that answer please? i do not understand a design that fails to update a quest, because you make the items yourself. wondering why you would need to trade an item to a connie or another player to get the credit for making that same item. seems more like a bug to me.

also, you said you were removing the wriath lords form lesser anchor spawns. i am guessing you have angered the Anchor Gods by this decision. as i have not seen a lesser anchor in the game since this patch went live. anchor gods have eaten all the NT cedar tree's in revenge for your removal of the wraith lords

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    quest
    seems buged

Order shard
    Krinharth char.

then please, add into quest description, that requared items can only be traded from somone else, but not maked by yourself
    (by the way, looting elemental materia works, when I loot it. and I'm not sure, that I can trade it. or I can, and it trigers? and that difference confuse more)

This was discussed before: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...20&postcount=4

So it's necessary to require trade to allow trade to trigger at all. Both, gathering and trading (which is necessary for dragons, I suppose?) is not possible currently.
    Of course a little note until it's fixed (if ever) would have been nice...

And the looting is not affected and needs to be done by yourself, from what I understood.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

the dragons can gather the water, but it doesn't update the counter. the only thing they can't make is the enchanted orbs for the powder. they can even make the stone bowl, and make the powder which doesn't update either.

but ty for the link about the earlier discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    thanks for link, Garfonso.
    and realy, why not make some notice in quest description?
    (like (hint in Darkstaf quest)

Default Re: Myloc Quest 2

Unfortunately the quest system does not support the concept or "either-or". What I mean is that I cannot tell the quest to accept the capability to either create or trade for these items. Originally it was setup for you to create them, but it required skills that were beyond the capabilities of some adventurers. Rather than continuing to penalize those players who did not craft, and since the quest was primarily an adventuring quest, it was switched to allow you to trade for them.

At this time I do not have a solution other than adding a reminder (as was suggested above) into the quest journal that creating the items won't move the quest forward.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Unfortunately the quest system does not support the concept or "either-or". What I mean is that I cannot tell the quest to accept the capability to either create or trade for these items.
    I know I came across a quest once that had an either/or sort of situation. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it asked for something along the lines of 10 bronze bars or 10 sandstone bricks or 10 cedar boards, etc. Completing any one of those conditions completed a list of active steps, and the quest progressed. Is that not possible in this instance?

As an alternative, I have seen other quests that simply have a counterless step telling the player to obtain an item. The old Dragon quarrying quest, for example. The player could obtain the item via any means then return to the NPC with them to progress the quest. I don't know the context of the quest in question here, but maybe that could solve this dilemma?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I know I came across a quest once that had an either/or sort of situation. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it asked for something along the lines of 10 bronze bars or 10 sandstone bricks or 10 cedar boards, etc. Completing any one of those conditions completed a list of active steps, and the quest progressed. Is that not possible in this instance?
    In that quest's case there is a special circumstance (only 1 product) that allows it to branch that way. 1 branch for each product. The Myloc quest has several products so it wouldn't work. In addition, once you branch a quest you cannot merge the branches back if that makes sense. You have to duplicate every quest step out to the end for each branch which could be quite cumbersome.

As an alternative, I have seen other quests that simply have a counterless step telling the player to obtain an item. The old Dragon quarrying quest, for example. The player could obtain the item via any means then return to the NPC with them to progress the quest. I don't know the context of the quest in question here, but maybe that could solve this dilemma?
    There is that as well, though quite often when no counters are included in a quest we get complaints.

Bottom line is that this quest should probably have been scrapped and redone before ever released as it pushes the bounds of Istaria's technology and has become a darned-if-you-do and darned-if-you-don't sort of situation.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

In that quest's case there is a special circumstance (only 1 product) that allows it to branch that way. 1 branch for each product. The Myloc quest has several products so it wouldn't work. In addition, once you branch a quest you cannot merge the branches back if that makes sense. You have to duplicate every quest step out to the end for each branch which could be quite cumbersome.
    That's unfortunate. I understand what you mean by not being able to unbranch it. It does sound cumbersome indeed.

There is that as well, though quite often when no counters are included in a quest we get complaints.
    Really? I honestly can't imagine what the complaints would be. Personally, I always liked being able to obtain quest items via methods of my own choosing. I wonder if more people would complain about a counterless step than are complaining about how it's set up to work now.

Either way, not an enviable position. Sorry, Amon. >.>

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information