Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
Sounds good, though I'm not sure I like the lack of Malware detection.

Malware can be almost just as bad as viruses/trojans sometimes, and some programs aren't keen about letting you know that there's malware/spyware bundled with them (or look-alike programs exist, such as Spybot S&D vs Spywarebot S&D ... one's legit, the other is a malware-laden POS designed to fool people into thinking they're downloading the legit thing) and some Malware, once installed, is hard to get rid of (almost like a virus).

Why they're not actually *called* viruses and treated as such is beyond me. They're nearly just as harmful to your computer at any rate, some of them go as far as to give you bogus information to make you waste money, too.

But I suppose there are other programs to deal with that kinda stuff (MBAM for example), but really I'm supposed to dump _one_ program to have to use _two_ now?

I'll give it some thought though, esp when the end of this year comes around and AVG wants me to download the latest major AV software. Or maybe sooner, might give it a test run on one of my computers.

Absoultey they are just as bad. As I said, the last "infection" I've had in years was malaware and I STILL Had to reformat the system because it was impossible to remove (even after all the suggestions I tried that supposedly removed it).

But even with AVG or any AV I keep spybot around as well and I run both weekly *shrugs* Never hurts to have extra checkers and malaware seems to be much more likely an infection than a virus (and yes to me..same thing)