Thread: Chaos is living up to its name....

Default Chaos is living up to its name....

Just when i have some downtime at work to play, Chaos rears its ugly head and dashes all hopes of getting some time in while watching some machines print.

Oh well, maybe i can go home early today and relax before I can play.

Default Re: Chaos is living up to its name....

And yet again, us Euros lose a whole day's play..........this is getting beyond a joke, now

Quote Originally Posted by Tamianth View Post
    And yet again, us Euros lose a whole day's play..........this is getting beyond a joke, now
    It would be better to do it alternating. So one week more downtime during "play"hours for the USA the other week more for Europe

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

It really is pretty bad. losing 1 day to play, once a week, 52 weeks in a year..

So when paying for a whole year, we lose near two full months worth of paid play time to maintainence...

W00t!

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Yeah, judging by the updated predicted uptime (why can't it be put into GMT too??) I won't be seeing Chaos before heading off to bed /sigh
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

maybe Istaria is still alive because

we never charged them for this.

I can still affort that because I love the game.
    And always could-
    even at a time when Flame and me had to share one comp and one account.

I see it as a donation- to keep everything going.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Lov, I appreciate your optimism and good will, I really do. But this seems to be just another wasted play-day, erm... another donation-day I mean.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

They might as well take Chaos down again and fix what they messed up.

All i see are clouds and when logging in i see looking up player stats for a minute or so.

If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor_II View Post
    They might as well take Chaos down again and fix what they messed up.

All i see are clouds and when logging in i see looking up player stats for a minute or so.
    I was just coming to post something along those lines myself. What I get when I log in can be seen in the attached screenshot. I've done the usual cache clearing to try to fix it.

(Interesting and weird, according to the map I'm on Fabric Isle now, when I logged I was at Acul....)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelsaka; May 22nd, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Chaos is living up to its name....

I cant get into support or the game i had to relog cause my silo's wouldnt open now i cant get in to support or anything says my name does not exist. please fix it now..

Thank you

Lillyjo Chaos server

Support is still working for me, I just sent a bug report about the server being unplayable for me.

So are some people able to log into Chaos and play? It's not broken for everyone?

ETA: Weird, did another full scan and clear cache, this time I noticed it downloaded some terrain files and now everything is working again.

Yay, another donation day, I see.......I adore this game so much, but really, do our european subs really mean so little, that its ok to shaft us every damned week like this? I mean, before it even came up for those few minutes, it was nearly 9pm here in England, so nearly 10pm in Europe.........*sighs*. Its been getting later and later every week recently, I guess its better to just not bother logging in, 4 days out of every month.

Yay, to be American!

Tamianth, try a full scan & clear cache, it just worked for me.
    I'm in the UK too so I know exactly how you feel.

Finally back in...........about an hour before I am due to go to bed, yay

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    It really is pretty bad. losing 1 day to play, once a week, 52 weeks in a year..

So when paying for a whole year, we lose near two full months worth of paid play time to maintainence...

W00t!

Broadening on this fact, another site I frequent tends to go down every now and again for maintenance. Instead of just leaving us twiddling our thumbs, they offer to increase the length of those subscribed by a couple of days. It's simply good for business and keeps dedicated players from leaving, knowing their cash isn't going to waste.

My suggestion: Why not increase the sub length to accomodate this? I know it's maybe not ideal since the USA/etc players get a free day, but it really makes up for the rest of us stuck around GMT who are missing out. We're a good chunk of your playerbase too!
    Bumbling Ancient and grumbling Satyr on Chaos- if Helians are supposed to be 'spellcasters', then why is Wintheria, the Gold Rage trainer, a Helian?
    "Let your post stand on its own merits [without the need for attention-seeking tactics such as colours or images]." -GW2 Forum Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Meredas View Post
    Broadening on this fact, another site I frequent tends to go down every now and again for maintenance. Instead of just leaving us twiddling our thumbs, they offer to increase the length of those subscribed by a couple of days. It's simply good for business and keeps dedicated players from leaving, knowing their cash isn't going to waste.

My suggestion: Why not increase the sub length to accomodate this? I know it's maybe not ideal since the USA/etc players get a free day, but it really makes up for the rest of us stuck around GMT who are missing out. We're a good chunk of your playerbase too!
    I have seen this in other games also, ....... however .........

I am gonna play devil's advocate here ...

Technically speaking we don`t loose a day as we can play up to around 12.00-13.00 GMT before the server goes down for maintenance ... so instead of 52 it is more like 26+ days that maintenance requires.

Disclaimer: Granted, maintenance takes place during the Eu peak hours if it strays into the evening and prevents playing -probably- for hte majority of EU players (including me).

*goes back in his dwarven hole with a fresh beer before everyone shoot me*

Isn't it (almost) always possible to play on the Blight server while Chaos and Order are down for maintenance? It seems to me that testing stuff out on Blight while you wait for Chaos or Order to come back up would mean you still get to play, and you can also help the devs find bugs before the bugs make it to the live servers.
    I just lost the game.

Closing this thread; Chaos will be getting a restart either later today or tomorrow morning to fix the problems... waiting to find out when, and then I'll post on Announcements.

Thread Information