Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Client Update (Version 384.38)

Default Game Client Update (Version 384.38)

The Game Client is being updated to the Live Servers today, May 1st, 2012. This will bring the game to Version 384.38 and includes the following features and fixes.

Features
    • Changed the color of the Active Quest Step indicator above a NPCs head.
    • If the game has trouble sending data to the server it will now display feedback into the chat window.
    • Added a new slash command, /lasttarget.
    • Objects will now be faded into the scene instead of popping (not all objects can fade, it is dependent upon the shader)
    • Game will now query for supported resolutions instead of pulling from a hard-coded list.
    • If no 3D preview of an item is available, will now display the item's icon.
    • The game now uses Breakpad for uploading crash logs to the server.
    • Added average and max FPS to the FPSWindow.
    • If a structure contains items in storage, it can no longer be deleted.

Fixes
    • The game will now allow switching between non-roman keyboard character sets.
    • Fixed a bug related to text shaders not showing up (particularly on stone signs).
    • Fixed a crash after character creation.
    • Tutorial Action Window tutorial will now cancel properly.
    • Fixed so that the level-up effect will only play once.
    • Effects will now be properly removed (i.e. Lightning Claws sound will no longer loop infinitely)
    • Item preview will no longer be warped at top and bottom.
    • Inventory/Character windows will now automatically be closed at start-up to improve load times and prevent occassional log-in trouble.
    • Underwater condition will only be checked once the client is loaded.
    • Added real shadow support and introduced optimizations to shadow calculation.
    • Shadows will now be recalculated whenever an equipped item changes.
    • If the shadow details type is changed, a message prompting you to restart your client will be displayed in chat.
    • Numerical fields should now sort properly.
    • Models will now be loaded starting at their lowest quality (instead of highest) by default.
    • Graphic Prefs defaults have been overhauled (once again).
    • Fixed a bug related to the selection beam color.
    • Fixed a bug related to the character hopping around after logging in.
    • Fixed the selectNearestEnemy (/sne) command.
    • Fixed a crash bug at startup if the texture level changed.
    • Fixed the loading of low-detail textures.
    • Re-worked the UI for plot window permissions to make them easier to understand.
    • Changed the initial structure rotation to 180 degrees.
    • Fixed a crash bug that would happen when lots of terrain was cached.
    • Fixed a crash for characters being unloaded and the compositor trying to do work.
    • Adjusted the chat window layout for improved readability.
    • Fixed a crash when loading a player vault.

Maintenance
    • Increased the default packet size to 1500 bytes for high and low speed clients.

Default Re: Game Client Update (Version 384.38)

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    • Added a new slash command, /lasttarget.
    This command gives: "There is no command or macro called "lasttarget""
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

If no 3D preview of an item is available, will now display the item's icon.

I am running the game with Vista, others running with Win7, I still do not get the 3D model or icon or display of weapons and tools. Players have told me that the ones with Win7 get the same thing. I would love to be able to make different styles of weapons in the creation window but I can not see what I am creating. This has been a problem for a very long time (years). Please fix this.
    Last edited by Hoberton; May 2nd, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Inventory/Character windows will now automatically be closed at start-up to improve load times and prevent occassional log-in trouble.
    When first logging in, pressing the 'I' button does not open the main inventory window as per the default keybind. Instead it opens the cargo disk window. However, Tab+I opens the main inventory window.

After the main inventory window has been opened the 'I' button works as per normal.

Resetting the keybind does not work to correct the issue that occurs at log-in.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

The real shadows could use some work on the dragon models-looks a bit weird. Looks pretty good for bipeds though.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

I am having some major issues with the video.
    1st time I ported, screen started to flash, then strange shapes of various colors started appearing all over the screen then the computer crashed.
    Did a clear cache and went in again.. Now its the brightness. 1 sec its so dark I cant see anything then the next it 1/2 way light then next step back to normal. Always had it set at max brightness for night.
    The screenshot is 3 pic just moving the camera closer. each move changed the brightness to almost total darkness to bright (my "normal") view.
    Strangely worst in Kion then in Aug. Full screen or window it happens.
    Also noticed that when you get closer the marking still remains fuzzy. Before it would get clear.
    Using Win 7. Nvidia card.
    Image. Gonna need to carry a light for the night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (21.6 KB, 36 views)

actual its very clear look at her wings and tail there not in the same position.

and yes i suffer from same thing,

also why is are fly speed nerfed!
    Last edited by Velea; May 2nd, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Now its the brightness. 1 sec its so dark I cant see anything then the next it 1/2 way light then next step back to normal. Always had it set at max brightness for night.
    The screenshot is 3 pic just moving the camera closer. each move changed the brightness to almost total darkness to bright (my "normal") view.
    Strangely worst in Kion then in Aug. Full screen or window it happens.
    Image. Gonna need to carry a light for the night.
    i had same issue with my screen when i switched on the full shadows. if i faced south everything turned to night, and slowly turning to north it is like the sun is rising and returning to daylight. happened at my plot only, if i stepped off plot, the darkness while facing south vanished. However, i did not go to any towns to see if i had the same issue. immediately disabled shadowing and relogged. fixing the problem.

Gettin a different set of issues here...Im guessin in part due to the inventory window change. Whenever I log in, with the exception of my chat windows, hotkey bars and target window, everything else is resetting on a relog. This happens with my Inventory window, Map window, Character window, Formula book, Vault and Equipment window. They reset to default positions, opacities, border/title settings.

Will try a few things and see if its not just my end here.

Oh and the /snc command is cycling through corpse targets...which is nice, but its not starting with the nearest.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

Sort of fixed the window thing I think. I had to place and set all the settings for the mentioned windows and leave them all open when I logged out once. For the moment that seems to have solved it. Logged in and out 3 times and everything seems to be holding.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

I had a play with the new client this morning

Good side

• FPS is much better, especially in towns now
    • Particle effects so far don't seem to be lagging (didn't try an epic in a group yet)
    • Terrain clutter displays without causing lag now

Bad Side

• Weather changes are abrupt no gradual change from normal to blighted, its like a sudden jump.
    • Mobs seem to take longer to pop
    • Mobs/resources are displaying as grey place holders for 1 sec then switching to normal model
    • Terrain clutter is very 'clunky' no gradual appearance of it, it just suddenly pops into view and then suddenly stops.
    • At maximum view distance the distant terrain world cache objects don't load, you can see world cache objects nearby but at a point they stop being displayed so you just see empty lands (spiritous swamp is a good example if you look at it from harro/nagruk area)
    • Terrain clutter distance is not far enough, it stops far to short of standard view distance and adds to the 'clunky' feel.
    • Heavily populated areas (Clearport on Chaos) took much longer to pop all the buildings than previous. Same happening in Bristugo, vault building takes ages to pop.
    • The ghosting in effect of buildings and world cache can trap you on a recall. I recalled started moving, then an arch popped on me and I got stuck in the arch, used setscale to get out.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

[b][size="3"]

Features
    • Numerical fields should now sort properly.
    Numeric fields still aren't sorting properly in the Character window.
    Last edited by cauri_order; May 2nd, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    I had a play with the new client this morning

Good side

• FPS is much better, especially in towns now
    • Particle effects so far don't seem to be lagging (didn't try an epic in a group yet)
    • Terrain clutter displays without causing lag now

Bad Side

• Weather changes are abrupt no gradual change from normal to blighted, its like a sudden jump.
    • Mobs seem to take longer to pop
    • Mobs/resources are displaying as grey place holders for 1 sec then switching to normal model
    • Terrain clutter is very 'clunky' no gradual appearance of it, it just suddenly pops into view and then suddenly stops.
    • At maximum view distance the distant terrain world cache objects don't load, you can see world cache objects nearby but at a point they stop being displayed so you just see empty lands (spiritous swamp is a good example if you look at it from harro/nagruk area)
    • Terrain clutter distance is not far enough, it stops far to short of standard view distance and adds to the 'clunky' feel.
    • Heavily populated areas (Clearport on Chaos) took much longer to pop all the buildings than previous. Same happening in Bristugo, vault building takes ages to pop.
    • The ghosting in effect of buildings and world cache can trap you on a recall. I recalled started moving, then an arch popped on me and I got stuck in the arch, used setscale to get out.
    Sigh, I wish I could say the same about the lag on my end. I checked the patch out earlier on an alt and the clutter was still causing me considerably more lag then when I have it turned down low (the FPS is usually capped at the max for me, until I max out clutter, which brings it down by probably at least 20fps). It seems areas with a lot of grass slow me down quite a bit, especially. Then again, I've only tested the area outside of New Trismus so it might be a more isolated thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    I am running the game with Vista, others running with Win7, I still do not get the 3D model or icon or display of weapons and tools. Players have told me that the ones with Win7 get the same thing. I would love to be able to make different styles of weapons in the creation window but I can not see what I am creating. This has been a problem for a very long time (years). Please fix this.
    I know this is going off-topic a bit, but as a new player to the game I've never seen mention of this before - do we actually have the ability to customize the aesthetic style of a weapon in Istaria when making them? As in choosing how certain components of a weapon look when it's created? Or am I just misunderstanding?

I've never seen that possibility in any other game, so that sounds like a pretty interesting concept.
    Seilan Moonside (Gnome, Chaos Server)

Future Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Seilan Moonside View Post
    do we actually have the ability to customize the aesthetic style of a weapon in Istaria when making them?
    Short answer, yes. When creating weapons, in the preview window, you can change the appearance. Tier 1 weapons only have one option, but T2 have 2 options, up to T5 with 5 options (I think). Swords have both hilt and blade which can be change, staffs also have two components which can be changed.

Hope that helps
    Cheers,
    -- iuvenilis --
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Short answer, yes. When creating weapons, in the preview window, you can change the appearance. Tier 1 weapons only have one option, but T2 have 2 options, up to T5 with 5 options (I think). Swords have both hilt and blade which can be change, staffs also have two components which can be changed.

Hope that helps
    Cheers,
    -- iuvenilis --
    Thanks iuvenilis, that's what I was looking for

Do they add new designs once in awhile or has it more or less always been around 5 options for the T5 stuff? And when you say 5 options, do you mean 5 different types of blades, and 5 different types of hilts that can be mixed and matched?

Sorry for the de-railing, I won't ask any other questions about it in this thread.
    Seilan Moonside (Gnome, Chaos Server)

Future Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    i had same issue with my screen when i switched on the full shadows. if i faced south everything turned to night, and slowly turning to north it is like the sun is rising and returning to daylight. happened at my plot only, if i stepped off plot, the darkness while facing south vanished. However, i did not go to any towns to see if i had the same issue. immediately disabled shadowing and relogged. fixing the problem.
    I tried that and its not working. My computer completely freezes when I port to any city. I get the strange shapes colors all over the screen till it completely freeze and i have to force a restart of my comp. A few times it completely froze, game and computer, the second the 1st images of Istaria appeared when I I tried to log back . Can I go back to old version? This is NOT working at all

I tried that and its not working. My computer completely freezes when I port to any city. I get the strange shapes colors all over the screen till it completely freeze and i have to force a restart of my comp. A few times it completely froze, game and computer, the second the 1st images of Istaria appeared when I I tried to log back . Can I go back to old version? This is NOT working at all
    I get the same issue as do Pyretta, and Silang. keep being told it`s my graphics card, but obviously it`s NOT. I never had this problem till the new client was released.
    It seems to get ever so mildly better if I turn ALL my graphics in game options to the bare minimum, but any city with buildings/plots and resource fields crash my graphics, and make my screen wacky, and freezes my computer to make force shutdown.
    Here`s a screenie of what I see, is this same as what you`re seeing too?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I get the same issue as do Pyretta, and Silang. keep being told it`s my graphics card, but obviously it`s NOT. I never had this problem till the new client was released.
    It seems to get ever so mildly better if I turn ALL my graphics in game options to the bare minimum, but any city with buildings/plots and resource fields crash my graphics, and make my screen wacky, and freezes my computer to make force shutdown.
    set your options to default, and relog, then reset your personal settings,. i've heard this helps fix a lot of issues

i have a backup copy of client before the patch. for hunting purposes i switched over to 2nd client and hit troubleshooting on logon screen, and chose do not allow patching. the old client works but with a few problems. one problem is there are no tree's. not a major issue if you're a dragon. big issue if you need to work lumber as a biped crafter. i have not found any other issues as of yet. it does allow me to go back to using my saved UI settings for all my windows, including the open cargo disk inv, and my personal inventory. all my normal window prefs are back and used in the old client.

Use at your own risk.

also in the options menu, "New client only" ,you can disable the fade in effect of structures and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    This command gives: "There is no command or macro called "lasttarget""
    If you're receiving that message, it means your: \resources\Commands_Player.def
    failed to patch, or you have a second copy of that file in your resources_override folder.

You can force a full patch by following these instructions:

If you're still having trouble, please contact us directly at https://support.istaria.com

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

Thread Information