Thread: Is it just me...

Default Is it just me...

This is not a rant, more of a why? and can we do something about this.

I having been looking for another plot. I have looked several places, and every time I find a plot of acceptible size, the whole area is locked off because it being a guild plot. What bothers me even more than this, there may be from 7-8 to a dozen plots empty in a community and only one owned.

I found a nice 70x80 I would like to own, about 10 other plots there with it, and all empty. But all are locked down because one is owned and it is a guild plot. Why on earth do this?

Is there a way (other than leaving the guild I am in) to gain one of these plots?

It just seems a waste of space to me for one plot owner to (because he owns the main) to block off the whole area.

Is it just me, or does this not bother anyone else? And what can we do about this?

Sslarn
    Looking for the hidden Island of Plots.

Default Re: Is it just me...

The guild communities are detailed as such, i.e. Guild: Tavu on the portal system. These plots are designed for guild use. Someone must own the master plot, typically quite large although it must have THE guildhouse on it. Other guild members then have the choice to buy the other plots within the community at a heavily discounted price (1s).

If you do not want a plot within your guild's community (if they have one) then you will have a lot more luck looking for a plot that is not within one of these guild communities. There are plenty of such non-guild settlements, but plot availability is quite different amongst these settlements.

It is unfortunate that people do buy the master plot for themselves, effectively locking out anyone not in their guild, but to get a decent sized plot, this is what some people choose to do.

There is a process of condemning plots so they can be resized, but unless the plot is not owned on all shards, then the process can take quite a while for some plots.

Just try looking anywhere that is not a guild community. Last time I went plot hunting, I just made a list of all the available attractive plots I found, recording details such as price, size/area, location, nearby facilities (resources, other built plots, portals, etc.), which helped a lot in deciding.

I hope that helps you Good luck!

Happy hunting, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

if you can try and talk with that guild, join for a day buy plot and go back to your guild. it is what i had to do to get a lair next to my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    if you can try and talk with that guild, join for a day buy plot and go back to your guild. it is what i had to do to get a lair next to my friend
    I would not recommend doing that to a guild property, or at least be extremely, extremely careful and clear about what you are after. Otherwise, you may find folks in the guild you took the lair/plot away from do not appreciate it and possibly resent you for it. If say you want to join a guild, but only have the ulterior motive of buying a plot in their exclusive community just to remove it from their guild, that is essentially lying about wanting to be a member of the guild. I do not know anyone in the community that likes getting lied to and having their assets stolen.

Far better would be to seek out a property elsewhere in the land and borrow/earn the coin needed to buy it. Alternatively, you could talk to the owner of the guild community masterplot and see if they're willing to sell it to you.

I will consider this. Not exactly my type of method, but if all parties are knowing- no harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Otherwise, you may find folks in the guild you took the lair/plot away from do not appreciate it and possibly resent you for it. And you don't think people have issues with one person controling 6-7-8 plots that are unavalible to everyone? I kinda resent that.

If say you want to join a guild, but only have the ulterior motive of buying a plot in their exclusive community just to remove it from their guild, that is essentially lying about wanting to be a member of the guild. I do not know anyone in the community that likes getting lied to and having their assets stolen. I personally would hate that too, and would not outright lie to anyone. So this is non-issue for me.

Far better would be to seek out a property elsewhere in the land and borrow/earn the coin needed to buy it. That's the whole point of this thread- I have been looking. I own two plots now, and looking for a third, maybe a fourth. I do have the coin to buy them- np there. The problem that I am trying to get across is yesterday I found a 70x80 I would like, the main is an 85x85 takin by someone else. And 6 other plots all empty. It seems to me that 1) either no one else is in that guild 2)No one in that guild wants to be there 3)A situation like #1-2 should stop someone from hogging several plots that no one else can have, and may want.

Alternatively, you could talk to the owner of the guild community masterplot and see if they're willing to sell it to you. Well now that would be an uber idea. Because I know if I owned it, all the plots would have an owner, none left empty.

And just to note this one step farther, of all the "open" plots I have found, they are sized way too small. Not much you can do with a 40x40.

*scratches head* Usually it is the guild plots that are so tiny no one wants them and people go to the non guild areas for the larger plots. You didn't say what shard you are on. I see many plots open on Order and am surprised how much some of them have increased size from the plot resizing the devs have been busy doing. Thanks devs!

Indeed Dracaena:

Wonderful big plots in nice areas free on both shards.
    I just checked.

And yes- thy devs.!
    If I had a friendly biped to build it.. I`ll had my forth one in a sec. But Flame is on strike^^ which I understand..^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Please note that in many communities right now plots are unavailable for purchase so they can be resized. They will be opened up again when we apply the next delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Please note that in many communities right now plots are unavailable for purchase so they can be resized. They will be opened up again when we apply the next delta.
    bringing this thread back into play but I have to ask.. my one char owns a plot in pars on the chaos shard. I have noticed that all the plots there are condemned so this means they will be resized? does this include any plots that are owned as well or will they be left out of the resizing process due to being owned? I like my plot's location but wish it was larger.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I would not recommend doing that to a guild property, or at least be extremely, extremely careful and clear about what you are after. Otherwise, you may find folks in the guild you took the lair/plot away from do not appreciate it and possibly resent you for it. If say you want to join a guild, but only have the ulterior motive of buying a plot in their exclusive community just to remove it from their guild, that is essentially lying about wanting to be a member of the guild. I do not know anyone in the community that likes getting lied to and having their assets stolen.

Far better would be to seek out a property elsewhere in the land and borrow/earn the coin needed to buy it. Alternatively, you could talk to the owner of the guild community masterplot and see if they're willing to sell it to you.
    I dont see how talking to the guild telling them your reason for joining them for a day to buy the plot then leave is considering lieing or sneaky?

I dont see how talking to the guild telling them your reason for joining them for a day to buy the plot then leave is considering lieing or sneaky?
    "Talk with the guild" does not explicitly translate to "Tell them you only plan to buy their plot and keep it for yourself after leaving a day later." I have seen incidents in the past that would best not be repeated. That is why I said, "be extremely, extremely careful and clear about what you are after".

Thread Information