Thread: Quick neo- question.

Default Quick neo- question.

I see on Chaos/Order that items often have 'Neo' in the list of valid schools. Is this just a database thing, or are some of the neo schools actually available outside Blight at this point?

Thanks!

Default Re: Quick neo- question.

Quote Originally Posted by Losian View Post
    I see on Chaos/Order that items often have 'Neo' in the list of valid schools. Is this just a database thing, or are some of the neo schools actually available outside Blight at this point?

Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure it's a database thing, also one of the reasons NEO schools weren't on blight for a while IIRC. (I'm not sure about this, but I think they were trying to stop that from showing up somehow, and it ended up in NEO not being join-able on blight for a while)

buuut that was a while ago, glad they're still on blight though.

Thanks for the reply! I actually have no idea if they exist on blight still or not, I just assumed, which may well be wrong of course. I did some searching through some of the patch notes but didn't find a lot one way or the other.

Follow-up question, does blighted gear drop a lot less on New Trismus now? I know I used ot get it from reanimated warriors and all, but haven't seen a single piece as of yet thus far since starting a new character.

Blighted gear does not drop at all anymore as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Last I checked fyakkies and automatons still dropped blighted gear.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

No blighted drops at all?! Well, geeze.. Guess that was all removed then since last I played. That's a bit of a dramatic change, dang.. was hoping I could pick up some basic gear since the connies are kinda hit or miss, as usual.

Well, again, thanks for replying, anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    That is entirely incorrect!

Blighted Gear still drops and has never stopped dropping. Blighted Gear drops from Aegis-Animates and Aegis-Constructs which means any of the following monsters:

Aegis-Constructs: Abominations, Aegror, Automatons, Vexator and Anchors
    Aegis-Animates: Fyakki, Kwellen, and Blight Hounds.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

.. was hoping I could pick up some basic gear since the connies are kinda hit or miss, as usual.

Awww.. Are you playing on Chaos?
    Well if you are, Be sure to check the New Trismus consignment daily as I make sure their is t1/t2 Ringmail/scalemail/chainmail/platemail, t1/t2 weapons, All t1/t2 jewelry, All t1/t2/t3/t4 tools, t1 cargo armor, t1/t2 spells, t1 scale armor (for dragons), and I'm always taking requests for those that want properly made teched items or anything that I happened to miss (its hard to keep those 450 items stocked at all times )

If you have a hard time finding something hit up the Marketplace as often times the best crafters hang out in there to chat
    Or
    You can feel free to send me a tell anytime as I can pretty much make anything in game. If you play on Order; make a new charactor on Chaos so you can utilize my great efforts in making all of these great items available to the masses

Also I have a t5 connie on Trandalar: Acul *first plot east of the pad* That is stocked full of candies, potions, and travel scrolls. Also I have a medium tavern stocked FULL of t2-t5 food for everyone to enjoy My prices are dirt cheap and quite a bit lower than that of Clearport.. I'm also taking requests on other stuff to stock there also

Hope to see you on Chaos!!
    Last edited by Finkledbody; May 29th, 2012 at 02:35 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Hah! Thanks Finklebody.

I was noticing your forum name sounded familiar, and now I realize why: most of the stuff I've bought has, in fact, been made by you! And mostly I meant pick up some gear with some techs and such without having to make it myself or hunt anyone down to make it; thus the wondering about blighted.

Also, Amon: Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if Trismus has any of those, but once I can fight my way into the deadland area proper I'll see if I can find some stuff there that still drops. I recall it used to come pretty common from ANY WA, as I remember killing the skeletons near the reanimator fellow for some stuff.

Thanks everyone for the replies/information.

Hah! Thanks Finklebody.

I was noticing your forum name sounded familiar, and now I realize why: most of the stuff I've bought has, in fact, been made by you! And mostly I meant pick up some gear with some techs and such without having to make it myself or hunt anyone down to make it; thus the wondering about blighted.

Also, Amon: Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if Trismus has any of those, but once I can fight my way into the deadland area proper I'll see if I can find some stuff there that still drops. I recall it used to come pretty common from ANY WA, as I remember killing the skeletons near the reanimator fellow for some stuff.

Thanks everyone for the replies/information.
    Yes, it used to be quite common but when we revamped the loot system we wanted to make it more valued by being more rare. It also encourages players to make it and their products to be more valuable.

New Trismus does not have any of the types of monsters that will drop Blighted Gear. You will need to reach Lesser Aradoth to begin fighting any monsters of that sort... namely Fyakki on the Isle of the Drowned and one other location.

But, for the most part, Blighted Gear becomes more common the higher the tier as those types of monsters become more frequently encountered.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 29th, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you again! Pre-empted my next question with that reply. I'll have to see what Aradoth has in store..

Now I just have to decide what school to go with.. I like spirit magic, with all the life stealing and other such, but I also like spear/shield combo, so shaman seems like maybe a go due to the shield use over bloodmage/spiritist/etc... but maybe blood mage has some neat stuff to offer! Decisions decisions.

I have to say it's a good thing to be so indecisive and torn about, all things considered!

Thread Information