Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 223 Comments

Default Blight Update 223 Comments

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Movement Crystals
    • Movement crystals (including Tiers 4 and 5) are back on the loot tables.
    • Greater Glowing Crystal of Movement now boosts speed by 8 instead of 7.
    • Exceptional Glowing Crystals of Movement are now available.
    • Crystals of Movement now grant a bonus to both Speed and Velocity.
    • Movement Crystals now have a tiered level requirement, but allow either Trade or Adventure level to count.
    • Corrected the XP reward for consuming a crystal of Movement for all tiers.
    • Movement Crystals now have a tint that corresponds to their tier.
    Neat!

Resource Nodes
    • Lowered the quantity of resource that can be gathered from Motherlode nodes.
    Out of curiosity, why this? I've been finding that wearing all my quarying gear, fully buffed, etc, I get about 3/4 a full load from a motherload of marble. It's been a bit better with Granite, which I've been working lately, but I've been having the same thing with Mithril when I was working that.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Default Re: Blight Update 223 Comments

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Out of curiosity, why this? I've been finding that wearing all my quarying gear, fully buffed, etc, I get about 3/4 a full load from a motherload of marble. It's been a bit better with Granite, which I've been working lately, but I've been having the same thing with Mithril when I was working that.
    Since I raised the quantity in Rich nodes, I balanced the quantity in motherlode nodes. There is still quite a lot in them, but not nearly as much as before.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Since I raised the quantity in Rich nodes, I balanced the quantity in motherlode nodes. There is still quite a lot in them, but not nearly as much as before.
    Interesting. While I cry a solitary tear for the size reduction of well-aged motherlodes-- some of those took three trips with max-sized dragon carrying capacity!-- I do like how attractive this should make rich nodes. Currently I consider everything less than motherlodes a silly waste of time, if the field supports them. Rich nodes that aren't a disappointing 1/3 of my inventory will be niiiiice.
    • The islands that comprise the chain known as The Three Sisters are now named on the map - Xariz, Greya Doth and Trams.
    Thanks! I was trying to guess which those were, but it was rather hopeless without notes on the map.
    • Tibur now only spawns on the far eastern side of the Wan Coast in with the Travertine Boulder Golems. He does not patrol along longer.
    • Travertine spawns are no longer linked. Travertine becomes more dense the further east along the Wan Coast you go.
    GLORY HALELUJIAH. No really, I might actually enjoy working travertine now.
    Movement Crystals
    • Movement crystals (including Tiers 4 and 5) are back on the loot tables.
    I have never heard of these before, at least by this name. I am very interested in finding out what they are!
    Plots
    • Plots across the world of Istaria have been resized; this required the removal of some unowned plots as well as moving of roads and terrain in some cases, and moving some sand piles/water wells, as well as world decorations in order that the new plots would fit.
    And I just spent this afternoon unintentionally making a list of condemned communities. BRB field trip to Blight!

[*]The Prototype Tool Claw used in the quest "Breath of Acid: Handle With Care" has been replaced with a non-functional item rather than being an actual tool claw to avoid confusion with normal dragon tool claws.
    Why o why?
    Was someone that hurt because after a nice and long quest the dragon crafters dedicated enough to reach 1000 quarry/mining could use a real T6 (with all the bells and whistles) tool claw that could take 4 sockets?

Please - really please - reconsider the removal/altering of the Prototype Tool Claw as it is now - a fully functional T6 tool claw that can take 4 sockets.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Why o why?
    Was someone that hurt because after a nice and long quest the dragon crafters dedicated enough to reach 1000 quarry/mining could use a real T6 (with all the bells and whistles) tool claw that could take 4 sockets?

Please - really please - reconsider the removal/altering of the Prototype Tool Claw as it is now - a fully functional T6 tool claw that can take 4 sockets.
    And with that we would need a t6 mining pick, with 4 sockets.
    And to me, thats sounds like a bit much

I don't even want my dragon to have a t6 claw with 4 sockets... Just sounds to awesome. hahaha
    Even to those that "dedicated enough to reach 1000 quarry/mining.." Which to me, is not all that much of a feat.
    Last edited by Finkledbody; June 5th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

I'm not sure but don't bipeds have T6 jewelry? I have no clue if it can be used but I do get the parts as loot. Dragons do have 2 T6 crafting helpers the disk and pack, but not sure why any would be against T6 anything for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    ..."sour grapes" type of post
    IIRC you were pretty whiney when the plot repricing was mentioned and you threatened to quit because you were losing some golds over it...
    People were sort of supportive and as a result a refund was implemented

Now why are you acting like this when the fellow dragon crafters are about to lose a unique tool?

PS. Yes, bipeds have access to t6 jewelries and t6 weapons
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Please note that this update is not yet on Blight. It should be going to Blight AFTER today's maintenance.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

IIRC you were pretty whiney when the plot repricing was mentioned and you threatened to quit because you were losing some golds over it...
    People were sort of supportive and as a result a refund was implemented

Now why are you acting like this when the fellow dragon crafters are about to lose a unique tool?

PS. Yes, bipeds have access to t6 jewelries and t6 weapons
    hehe, certainly can be taken anyone way someone wants to when I talk.

Angry, whiney, bitchy, or just opinionated? Trying to give feedback to the game I support? Game I truly enjoy? Or maybe the game I Troll the most. Muhaha

I'll go with whiney.. For you
    And yes. Considering the lengthy time it takes to acquire 31 gold to purchase the two plots I own. yes, yes I would consider moving on to the next game if those coins were just.... Taken away. POOF!!! lol

I have a 100 dragon, working on a second.. And I still think a t6 claw with 4 sockets is a bit much. hehe

Air Transport FTW!!

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

If you think it is too much, don't use it. Rather simple solution isn't it?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

The Prototype Tool Claw used in the quest "Breath of Acid: Handle With Care" has been replaced with a non-functional item rather than being an actual tool claw to avoid confusion with normal dragon tool claws
    And for those of us that already have it and are using it, does this mean it will become unusable?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    And for those of us that already have it and are using it, does this mean it will become unusable?
    -edit- woops misread the patch notes, thought it was already applied

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    This is particularly upsetting to me as I have not yet done the quest, and now I will not be able to get the socketable T6 claw.

I sincerely hope this is reconsidered, as I do not get why bipeds can have usable T6 items, but not dragons - well... beyond scalepacks anyhow.

~Skywise

Why o why?

hmm, i guess not much consideration was given to my request, pertaining to this tool claw. what harm was it doing? other than keeping dragons from needing 4 tool claws as opposed to 1 or 2? you've yet to introduce any T6 repairable dragons scales, bipeds get full T6 jewelry set. they get T6 repairable weapons. but a dragon can't have 1 - 4 socketed tool claw to help save space? it gives no other bonus, what's the harm? it does not raise their abilities, it doesn't raise stats, it's 1 extra socket? sheesh.

Finkelbody, why is it only your complaints count as valid? and everyone elses is a worthless thought?
    you want a T6 4 socketed mining pick for bipeds. but what you're not considering are the T6 tools/techs bipeds already have, and yet you're worried about 1 T6 4 socketed claw for dragon. lets remember what a tinkerer gets shall we? T6 tool +50 tinkering, T6 tech to give tinker spanner +40. hmm now does it seem so bad a dragon could have 1 claw socketed 4 times, when there's not even a bonus included on the tool?

there are 5 tool claws to craft, of which only 3 are of any use. since no bonus is added to claw. the 1 socketed claw, 2 socket and 3 socket, which makes 2 of the claws pointless. now during a quest they get a 4 socketable claw and it gets removed. but it's ok that bipeds get T6 weapons / jewelry / tool and techs. shouldn't those get removed?
    Last edited by Merrik; June 5th, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    what harm was it doing? other than keeping dragons from needing 4 tool claws as opposed to 1 or 2? you've yet to introduce any T6 repairable dragons scales, bipeds get full T6 jewelry set. they get T6 repairable weapons. but a dragon can't have 1 - 4 socketed tool claw to help save space? it gives no other bonus, what's the harm? it does not raise their abilities, it doesn't raise stats, it's 1 extra socket? sheesh.
    Exactly. Aside from t6 cargo disks and backpacks (which bipeds also have) dragons don't have anything in the way of any T6 items. All we're asking for a tool claw with an extra slot. Nothing more. Its nothing like the T6 weapons and jewelry that bipeds have. Does a tool claw provide anything unbalancing except to cut down on having to stop every other step in laircrafting to change claws/crystals?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    hmm, i guess not much consideration was given to my request, pertaining to this tool claw. what harm was it doing? other than keeping dragons from needing 4 tool claws as opposed to 1 or 2? you've yet to introduce any T6 repairable dragons scales, bipeds get full T6 jewelry set. they get T6 repairable weapons. but a dragon can't have 1 - 4 socketed tool claw to help save space? it gives no other bonus, what's the harm? it does not raise their abilities, it doesn't raise stats, it's 1 extra socket? sheesh.

Finkelbody, why is it only your complaints count as valid? and everyone elses is a worthless thought?
    you want a T6 4 socketed mining pick for bipeds. but what you're not considering are the T6 tools/techs bipeds already have, and yet you're worried about 1 T6 4 socketed claw for dragon. lets remember what a tinkerer gets shall we? T6 tool +50 tinkering, T6 tech to give tinker spanner +40. hmm now does it seem so bad a dragon could have 1 claw socketed 4 times, when there's not even a bonus included on the tool?

there are 5 tool claws to craft, of which only 3 are of any use. since no bonus is added to claw. the 1 socketed claw, 2 socket and 3 socket, which makes 2 of the claws pointless. now during a quest they get a 4 socketable claw and it gets removed. but it's ok that bipeds get T6 weapons / jewelry / tool and techs. shouldn't those get removed?
    There seems to be no easy solution to this dilemna. The team has spoken and made the changes. What I don't understand is why you want the removal of biped stuff. What will that do? If you take away our goodies, then we will no longer be able to build. And you want this to happen why?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    There seems to be no easy solution to this dilemna. The team has spoken and made the changes. What I don't understand is why you want the removal of biped stuff. What will that do? If you take away our goodies, then we will no longer be able to build. And you want this to happen why?
    you didn't pay attention to what i said in the thread. it was a response to finklebody and his thing about the claw. but not his complaints about the T6 tools a biped gets now. i am not asking for the T6 biped stuff to be removed. you are just misunderstanding what it was pertaining to

no, dragons only wants to use ther t6 claw. not take away bipeds staf

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Ummm as I remember it things were getting built before T6 goodies. To be honest I can build without the T6 Claw, and pretty sure the bipeds will be able to build without any of their T6 toys. /end sarcasm

I know the claw was given in error, but the cat IS out of the bag, I use it. I like not having a different claw for everything I want to craft (excluding lair/crystal). And as Merrik ans Arzel said, what harm does having it in game do?

Seems like a nice little bonus, Yes?

Thread Information