Thread: I know its early and all...

dragon003

Default I know its early and all...

I know its early and all... But this game isn't as good as it could be in my opinion. The new game World of Warcraft AkA WoW looks better...I'm not going to switch or anything but I was thinking... I dont know about the end of this game or even if you defeat the withered aegis. But it would be nice to see a Horizons II! Thats would be awsome! I would make it a war of the races like WoW but better!I thought of this because the story in Horizons is pathetic...And it would be nice to have items like with their own names. Like Death's Bane Great Sword or something like that... And stuff in a couple of cinematics and makeit look kewl to go along with the story. Have cataclismic battles and all! That would be some sweet stuff. I'm not saying that I dont like Horizons! Don't get me wrong its a great game and all... But it can be made much better!If this happens it would DEFINETLY be the best game ive ever played! I could bet my life on it! I know Horizons is in debt and all. Well i think it is but anyway... It would be nice to start making it sometime soon so I'm not ancient before it comes out.

If you agree with me post some suggestions that you would like to see in Horizons II if it ever will come out!

Default Re: I know its early and all...

I would like to know what about the Horizons story is pathetic....
    I personally find just the dragon lore alone to be enough for one game. Add in the whole Withered Aegis thing, the subjugated races, the mistreatment of the Sslik, the rise of the humans, the tinkering of the gnomes, etc, etc, etc, and you've got enough to keep those of us who like a good, spanning plot-line pretty satisfied.
    That, and everyone already knows (or should now) that Horizons was released uncompleted; it's still being worked on to this day.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Imo - Horizons II should be at LEAST 4-5 years away :)

Race wars? Please no, we've been over that PvP discussion a gazillion times already :)

Story of Hz pathetic? No, the story of ShadowBane is pathetic, Hz hasa brilliant story with everything you need.

Cinematics in an MMORPG? I think you're in the wrong genre lad :)

Unique items in a world where everything is player-crafted? Well, it could be done as an event - but how to do it so everybody can be satisfied. If it takes 100 men to kill the lootdropping mob, who should have that one uberitem then?
    Besides, every item can have a name - my maul atm is called "Sharianne's Bonecrusher" for example.

What I would like for the near and far future of Horizons (no, we don't need a Horizons II - this game is far from finished):

Furniture (chairs, tables and so forth to fill our houses)
    Mounts (horses, wolves, nightmares, unicorns, pegasi etc etc)
    Civilian clothes (dresses, skirts, kilts, shirts, pants - RP element)
    More variety in items (colors and shapes)
    More no-use NPCs to give the feel that the world is not about you, but you're a part of a greater picture.
    Ambient sounds.
    Castles/fortresses - either enemy or player built, doesn't matter much to me.
    and of course constant bugfixing..

Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

:o I dont think there will need to be an Hz2... Maybe if they want to make a complete new overhaul of the system or something... they have ALOT of room in this game to make changes.... So I dont see any problem with it being able to grow... but where it is? I know its not the top end... but that happens when you run out of money...

Hopefully with communication to the community, and listening and working with our feedback, the devs can turn horizons into the uuber gem it should be... is destined to be... I want it to be...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Hmm...looking at your signature, Sekojin, I'm not sure I want to play in the Istaria you want to play in...but I digress...

Indeed, HZ has good lore (Though more would be needed, to fill out the individual races) and the storyline is great...

Once a good portion of the bugs are worked out and we get more of a player base, HZ can grow and prosper, and I think will become a tried and true game that many enjoy...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

:o This is one of the few games where they are doing alot to fix bug... I remember shortly before the merger and after the merger there were updates that fixed
    MANY MANY bugs... And to this day, each pub brings new bugs to a close...

I think things can get to the ubber game eventually... Hopefully before there is too much out there that overshadows it...

And about my sig... PvP and theiving were the tetchy subjects... I know for a fact they can be in the game and work to where people will like them and not be afraid of them...

There used to be pvp in the beta...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

No cinematics in Horizons? What? Okay, here is what you do. Go to options and assign a keystroke to the toggle U/I option (for some reason by default there is none). Then also turn off display floating names and guilds. Go back into game and toggle off the UI, done! :-) instant cinematics. Just stand by any coast and watch a sunrise or sunset. And if you want something truly impressive, go and watch a Dragon RoP!

I don't forsee a Horizons II ever really coming out, since they are taking the approach of just improving upon the existing game, which I feel is far better. I do imagine that eventually they will have to make new CDs though as eventually the patch download size from a fresh Horizons install will just get too big.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

I've been dreaming about having huge wars with like 60 players against an Undead fortress that's firing catapults at us while more and more like lv 10 Zombies (lol) keep on pouring out of the fortresse's main gate, coooooooooool.....
    Istaria shall soon become overwellmed by the Undead hordes! Phinius

Thread Information