Thread: Question: Gold Rage "tweaked" ?

Default Question: Gold Rage "tweaked" ?

Has Gold rage been ninja "tweaked" on the live server recently?

I Searched the recent Blight notes but didn't find any reference of any changes. There is a slight but consistent decrease in what damage it does. I have checked with two different claws and there seems to be no significant difference.

Oh and there is a random chance that it will hit as it once did but these are few and far between.

Default Re: Question: Gold Rage "tweaked" ?

No changes have been made to gold rage.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you for the quick response. It isn't just me that has noticed a change, so is there a possibility that another change made someplace unrelated may have bumped gold rage to be less than it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
    Thank you for the quick response. It isn't just me that has noticed a change, so is there a possibility that another change made someplace unrelated may have bumped gold rage to be less than it was?
    Not on the live servers, no. No patches have been applied. And doubtful on Blight as we haven't altered any of the school/race stats or anything.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

OK. Thanks much.

I think I broke my dragon again!

It is really weird then.
    Cause i noticed too an apparent decrease in damage of about 10% and, more annoyingly, a noticeable increase in miss rate.

After a hunting session of about 1.5 hours today at lvl 116-119 Fyakkis in ED i can report that most of the GR hits were in range of 950-1050 with very rare highs of 1200-1300. That was when GR was actually hitting.
    I remember that around 2 months ago i was consistently doin 1000-1200 with highs up to 1500 on the same Fyakkis mobs.

Regarding the miss rate it is rather unbelievable. I used to one shot most of the fyakkis with one gold rage. Now it is on the rare side when it happens and it takes 2-4 attacks to kill one and most of the multishot attacks have a miss rate of about 30-60%. That means GR is missing 1-2 hits, SS is missing 1 hit, Ravage is missing 2-3 hits out of 5.

And it was not a bad streak of misses. I had 2-3 of those when I entirely missed GR, entirely missed SS, Drain Striked missed, Ravage had 3-4 out of 5 hits missing too, Acid breath missing then i had to bail out.

To be noted that my dragon setup didn't changed at all in the last 5-6 months. Using the same armors, same claw, same spells and same configuration of training points with one exception. Today i even lowered my magic evasion to pump some more points in dexterity with the hope that my hit ratio would improve.

So to conclude, if dragons weren't change at all then what happened? Were the mobs buffed up?
    Will keep an eye of it, but maybe the dragon hunters out there can recheck their performances
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I'm glad you spoke up Northwind. I have not changed anything either but get these lower than before hits and way too many misses. I can't remember a time I had to visit a tavern three times in one play session before. Part of that is getting stunned and not being able to escape ...but! before this I really didn't have to escape as I could more often than not fight my way out. But with all or most all of my attacks missing there is no chance.

try right now, and also thing, something chanched.
    realy in same scales, with same mobs dmg seems lower

*Wonders if any of the changes in recent version(s) of the client have anything to do with this*

Knossos

I have to admit I too noticed a difference in the GR for a few weeks now. I thought it was just me being silly or perhaps the mobs were beefed up a bit. Like Northwind I've not changed my scales or training points or template in months. With all my buffs, I was hitting 1200-1500 per GR strike. Lately it seems that fully buffed I'm hitting for about 1000-1300 per GR strike, and it does tend to miss far more often. One strike of three or a total miss of all appears to be more common, which seems a waste since it consumes hoard.

Did the mobs get tweaked or perhaps any of the dragon buffs such as primal attack?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I know I've been struggling to get a semi-consistent reading from GR for months now. It seems, on the same mob with the same buffs, I get anywhere from 800's to 1600's. It's a wild range and highly inconsistent. I did notice though, that switching from my regular claw to the demon claw or to the blood talon did very little for my overall damage. It should have with a 32-50 point damage increase each hit. I even went from All strength and T/C build to all strength/Dex build with a very negligible change to damage overall and the same wild-range of damage.

I have no idea what affects damage anymore for GR but I can tell you I never know what it's going to be.. very low or very high at any given time.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    I have no idea what affects damage anymore for GR but I can tell you I never know what it's going to be.. very low or very high at any given time.
    That has been that way all the time.

All other I will check later this day-
    as I haven`t changed anything on Lov since years-
    I will let you know what I found out.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

please don't mess with gold rage. it is my mostest fave dragon ability, seconded by silver strike!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I did about 20 GRs with various claws on the same T6 mobs and found the miss rate was less than 5% with a regular T5 claw, demon claw and blood talon.

I did, however, find that the range of damage is crazy wide.

With all dragon buffs (including primal attack), gifts and enhances:

On the SAME GR hit I would do 890, 1680, 1300 damage. Makes me wonder if maybe the claws are what needs attention instead of the GR ability.

The same held true for the demon claw, but to a lesser degree. The normal claw was pretty consistent. There was very little difference in damage between all three which is odd considering the amount of damage difference between a normal claw and blood talon.

I have to wonder if there's a soft-cap on strength, anyone know?

I did about 20 GRs with various claws on the same T6 mobs and found the miss rate was less than 5% with a regular T5 claw, demon claw and blood talon.
    What mobs please and more important, what exactly mean less than 5% miss rate? Entire GR miss where all 3 hits are missing? 2 hits missing? 1 hit missing?

Asking because i spent over 10 hours hunting fyakkis in ED and the hit ratio is worrying, although i have to mention that what I initially called miss hits was actually a sum of a pretty equal parts of missed and dodged hits
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I too noticed a difference in GR hitting more times than not. Due to this I have changed claws, changed xtals, used or not used certain buffs to see if anything changes and there was not much of change. I remember being able to go into the doom and pretty much one or two shot a myloc gatherer.. now. .they dodge nearly everything!

This is not just limited to GR, SS, drain bolt, drain strike. ravage all miss more than I've ever noticed before. Not just partial misses but full complete misses three or four times in a row.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    What mobs please and more important, what exactly mean less than 5% miss rate? Entire GR miss where all 3 hits are missing? 2 hits missing? 1 hit missing?

Asking because i spent over 10 hours hunting fyakkis in ED and the hit ratio is worrying, although i have to mention that what I initially called miss hits was actually a sum of a pretty equal parts of missed and dodged hits
    I would say I missed one in every 20 hits approximately. I was fighting 116-120 fyakkis.

I have always had trouble with mylocs though. Every so often one will dodge pretty much everything. One-shotting a myloc was an exceptional occurrence rather than the norm even for the non-dodging ones.

I would say I missed one in every 20 hits approximately. I was fighting 116-120 fyakkis.
    See my posts above, i spent entire weekend ontop those Fyakkis and my findings are really, really, reeeeaaaally far from those 1 miss at 20 hits so allow me to have my doubts.

You also didn't explain what is counting as a miss for you since 1 GR has 3 distinct hits that can be missed/dodged/parried/blocked/whatever individually.

This increased miss rate that I'm reporting happens for all attacks, not only GR. SS, Ravage, Breaths and spells are all affected.

If GR was not "touched" then were Fyakkis (and maybe other critters) beefed up? As I said, they seem to dodge a lot and the plain miss rate increased alot too.

PS> I will see how can i gather some logs and will post them. Is there any log analyzer out there for Istaria?

PS2 > not really bothered about the noticed apparent decrease in damage of 10-15%, but the miss rate really hurts.
    Last edited by Northwind; July 2nd, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

Thread Information