Thread: bags tools and weapons look Black?

Question bags tools and weapons look Black?

why are the tools, weapons looking black even though i have some colored with the tool and weapon dyes? when i equip they all look black on screen. In enventory they look the proper colors.

Thanks Lillyjo, chaos server

Default Re: bags tools and weapons look Black?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyjo View Post
    why are the tools, weapons looking black even though i have some colored with the tool and weapon dyes? when i equip they all look black on screen. In enventory they look the proper colors.

Thanks Lillyjo, chaos server
    try clearing world cache and resetting defaults in options menu for colors and schemes and such. restore all to default, then start resetting them to your personal favorite settings.

Unhappy Re: bags tools and weapons look Black?

It's happening to me, too - a black satchel and black tools. I've tried clearing my cache... don't have enough weapon/tool dye to reset to default and then re-colour them all.

Nia : Blight Shard : Chronicles of the Twisted Guild

Tried a full scan too? Maybe something got corrupted.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Not just player-coloured stuff, but weapons like my Demonskin Staff... it is totally black (used to be brownish and have a red sphere in the "pointy end").

I will have to try the full scan it seems. Thanks, Terao.

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Tried a full scan too?
    Yup, I just did - Demonskin Staff, satchel, etc. still black.

Lillyjo, I can sympathise. Time for a ticket methinks.

Talking Re: bags tools and weapons look Black?

What an odd fix - we had a blight anchor across from Aughendell just now and after the Curse of Enfeeblement (and a near-death experience - LOL!) my Demonskin Staff looks just fine!!! (Satchel's still black, tho.)

I've tried around with some video settings.

If I ENABLE (and relog) "real shadow" and "object fading" I get a black looking satchel and tool / weapon.

After disabling "real shadow" to "blob shadow" and "objet fading" I get a grey satchel and tool / weapon, the colors did'nt return.

It's a bug
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I also noticed it on my sword and my shield.

(the shield should look like yew and sword like adamantium)
    Last edited by Firebrand; August 12th, 2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Screenshot added
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information