Thread: Derelict Plots

Default Derelict Plots

So I've noticed the plot in Snowfall on Order is a bit off... and I never see the plot owner on so I imagine he created a character, made the plot, then stopped playing while the prime real-estate sits there forever cluttered. I'm wondering if there's a way to buy derelict plots that doesn't simply steal a plot from someone who stops playing for a while?

My idea is this, if someone owns a plot you can place a bid with a minimum value of the current plot and worth of all the materials on it (like what was done with Unity). It's timed for a few weeks, if it is not declined after the time frame then the plot is sold to the bidder. This way as Order expands and grows like Chaos we don't need to worry about someone who's no longer playing the game holding onto that treasured spot until a new server goes online.

Default Re: Derelict Plots

Whoa, objection!

Right now, as long as a player has an active subscription, they can hold on to their plot and do whatever they want with it (within the bounds of game mechanics and rules), eyesore or not. The plot will get reclaimed and go up for sale should the owner's subscription run out.

Your suggestion places any established plot owner at risk of losing their plot if they don't decline the offer, regardless of whether or not they pay for their right to own that plot. That's not good for encouraging players to develop a long-term investment of their time and money on a plot -- and those long-term investments are exactly what keep the books predictable and make it possible to keep running the game.
    Last edited by Steelclaw; August 8th, 2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: I a couple words.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Exrage View Post
    So I've noticed the plot in Snowfall on Order is a bit off... and I never see the plot owner on so I imagine he created a character, made the plot, then stopped playing while the prime real-estate sits there forever cluttered.
    Would you care to be more specific which plot in Snowfall on Order that you mean? My hatchling alt, Awdzy, owns the one above the slate field, maintaining the shops & silos there for the shard. Is that the one to which you refer? If so, what specifically is off about it that you would like to see fixed? You are correct that I do not monitor it closely.

As for the plot reclaim process, it is already rather quick once a sub expires.

Ah, then as long as that's the case it's not necessary. As to the plot, it's short a blacksmiths anvil. Was going to make the anvil and stone working shops higher tiered to help speed up crafting for the lower leveled, good thing this caught your eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Whoa, objection!

Right now, as long as a player has an active subscription, they can hold on to their plot and do whatever they want with it (within the bounds of game mechanics and rules), eyesore or not. The plot will get reclaimed and go up for sale should the owner's subscription run out.

Your suggestion places any established plot owner at risk of losing their plot if they don't decline the offer, regardless of whether or not they pay for their right to own that plot. That's not good for encouraging players to develop a long-term investment of their time and money on a plot -- and those long-term investments are exactly what keep the books predictable and make it possible to keep running the game.
    All I have to say here is... I agree with everything you just said

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

good time and place to say
    THANK YOU , AWDZ

for holding this plot since the beginning of time.

We all appreciate and use it.
    Should have said this much earlier *hugs LadyGnome*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    good time and place to say
    THANK YOU , AWDZ

for holding this plot since the beginning of time.

We all appreciate and use it.
    Should have said this much earlier *hugs LadyGnome*
    Wholeheartedly seconded!
    Thank you, Awdz(y)!

You're most welcome, though I was not the originator of the plot. I took it on some years back from the original owner and have changed little on it since then. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Exrage View Post
    As to the plot, it's short a blacksmiths anvil.
    The human vault on the plot has been replaced by a small vault (done), a planned expert blacksmith shop, and a few planned t4 silos. I do not know when I'll get to doing anything on the newly planned shop/silos since I'm busy building Awdz's new plot instead of the requested modification to Awdzy's plot. Anyone who cares to assist with the Snowfall plot, please feel free. :-)

Thread Information