Thread: Order Underground wiki!

Default Order Underground wiki!

Tsargoth started this, but i want to share it. it's a wiki page of your Istarian characters! i myself have made one of Romirez.

so, for those of you that want to have something solid to refer to, make your character page here!

http://roleplay.orderunderground.org/wiki/Romirez

if you have any questions on how to make it, ask me or Tsargoth!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Order Underground wiki!

I've been on Order Underground for a while, it's awesome.

*stalks around pages and reads everyone's stories... like a creeper...*

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I've been on Order Underground for a while, it's awesome.

*stalks around pages and reads everyone's stories... like a creeper...*
    Its interesting yes, but a word of caution on that thing. Unfortunately not all of them are accurate or written by the player themselves about their own character so they can be very inaccurate. I wouldn't use it for role playing as there could be a very big boo boo. (Like the kind I have had recently when utilizing information from that thing)
    Last edited by Arzel Rashemi; August 10th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Nice to see this getting attention again.

Of note, if you do not already have an account on the wiki and wish to add your character's information to it, you will probably need to get in contact with Tsargoth in order to do so. Unfortunately, the wiki had some crazy issues with spammers in the past (we're talking 30+ pages that were vandalized in the span of minutes, day after day) that necessitated closing of completely open account registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Its interesting yes, but a word of caution on that thing. Unfortunately not all of them are accurate or written by the player themselves about their own character so they can be very inaccurate. I wouldn't use it for role playing as there could be a very big boo boo. (Like the kind I have had recently when utilizing information from that thing)
    I don't think the wiki is meant to have anyone except the person who plays the character write that character's bio...

Either way, even if the character page is accurate, unless the information that you're using to roleplay is something that is visible on the character normally, anything seen there is OOC information. A character doesn't just magically know what another character's name is just because the character's player read that name on the wiki. However, if the wiki says that the character has a scar over their eye, that you could use in RP as any character in the world would be able to notice that. You may know this already, but just in case, I am pointing it out.

Also, I hope no one actually got angry at you for using information that was inaccurate on their character's wiki page. That isn't your fault at all. It's either theirs for not updating or it's the fault of whoever made a page for a character that isn't theirs, which I don't think should be happening in the first place.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I don't think the wiki is meant to have anyone except the person who plays the character write that character's bio...

Also, I hope no one actually got angry at you for using information that was inaccurate on their character's wiki page. That isn't your fault at all. It's either theirs for not updating or it's the fault of whoever made a page for a character that isn't theirs, which I don't think should be happening in the first place.
    I agree with you Raptress, that shouldn't be happening in the first place, but it has. The person didn't put their own characters on those pages themselves and they weren't asked. Thank you because you're explaination explains why they couldn't change or correct anything on their pages. Its a pity that the spammers won and it isn't open to make the changes or corrections to our own characters. That leaves it far too open for inaccuracies and outdated information to exist and remain. It would be a great tool otherwise except for those annoyances, which is why I gave the word of caution.

Between friends mistakes like that cause laughter and curiosity, not anger. I don't view it as a negative, since the mistake helped me and another discover the above. Even if they had known about it, it wasn't their fault since you can't create, change, or update the information yourself.

The wiki however is good for any nostalgic types out there.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Its a pity that the spammers won and it isn't open to make the changes or corrections to our own characters. That leaves it far too open for inaccuracies and outdated information to exist and remain. It would be a great tool otherwise except for those annoyances, which is why I gave the word of caution.
    The wiki is still open to new members, it's just that new accounts must be authenticated by an administrator. I did not mean to say that the wiki is completely closed to new members.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

It depends which server board I think is which.

I never knew others updated someone else's page.. what I meant when I said I stalked around the wiki was that I was just reading over old bio's and whatnot of people who don't play anymore to read things that happened in the past. Not for use in IC. I like to read.

I admit I edited someone else's page before, but that was it was a good friend's and I was correcting some bad grammar from over a year ago. :P Other than that, I stick to my own characters.. *watches over changelog*

my bio for Romirez is current and accurate, and can be used for RP. i just updated it a couple days ago.

Thread Information