Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game is Unplayable

Default Game is Unplayable

At the risk of repeating what others have already said, congratulations AE. You put the vaults back to normal. I've pawned off tons of possessions and resources, given away lots of valuables to others, and loaded un my disk and inventory with stuff from my vault. I still cannot put anything away in the vault. My inventory is full so I can't take anything out either.

After all that pawning/consigning/giving stuff away: 379/300 stacks, 3549/3000 bulk.

Congratulations, AE. The game is now unplayable.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Default Re: Game is Unplayable

Well, looks like you need to do what I have done:

Get a valet! (aka mule, butler, etc)

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

After dumping my main posetions in my house, and moving quite a bit off onto an alt; I am stuck at 19570 bulk. The chunk of that is the elm that I need to finish my silos, (2087) leaving me at 2874 bulk, a mere 74 bulk over what my current upgrade can hold.

This is basically just cargo armor, my rather oversized comp bag ( some 1300 of them), trophies ( lets not go there either), a few crystals, and my forms/techs bag.

Unplayable? Not really...

Tigris I feel your pain, after reducing my vault from 850,000 bulk to 9000 bulkits really frustrating that I still can't put a tool back inside. All I have left in there are tools, potions, trophies, 2 sets of Adv armor and 4 sets of cargo armor.

I am starting to think that having a 1M size vault was more of a curse than a gift, if I never knew the pleasure I wouldn't miss it.

Rocinante
    Fury of Feladan

You cant take anything out? that is not a good thing.
    I logged in this morning, 50,000 bulk and I was able to remove stuff. Maybe a bug?

Can't take anything out because my inventory, house, and disk are also full.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Vito

Sorry but not sure this is the dev's fault....You painted yourself into a corner. What's wrong with silos?

ok, that makes sense.
    I know it sucks, but in all honesty I cant really say I feel for you. *trying not to sound like an ******* but, if we never had the huge vaults, you wouldnt need all the space, and then the game would be playable because it would be the same as it was.
    Does that make sense? I hope you dont take this the wrong way. It just seems that alot of people got way too used to the larger vaults.

Elren

You knew it was comming. It was well announced. It was even delayed a week. If you are stuck it's your fault.

I've been cleaning out my vault. Applying the wood, cloth, stone and orbs that I had in there. Changed cargo armor and tools for each class and have had no problems. My vault went from 900k to 26k and i still need to get rid of the obsidian keys.

The Game is very playable for me.

The game is far from unplayable. I went from over 60k bulk to 2700 bulk. All vault upgrades done so I have 300 bulk left available. This is without the guild hall being completed. You need to be creative in your attempts to move stuff.

Also, as other posters have said, we knew this was coming. They announced it and then delayed it a week because of crashing problems.

I just can't say I agree with you. It was a perk for a couple of months. A perk we knew wasn't permanant.

*shrugs*

Recommendation: Start selling to pawnies, transfer to alts or friends.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Elkandriel

Muling is a good solution.

800k down to 2700 bulk.. if I can do it anyone can...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

must stuff vault before shrinkage...must stuff vault before shrinkage...

can't play vault too stuffed ...can't play vault too stuffed....

/shrug [:|]

Unplayable? I was playing last night after work and today before work.

I'll admit my vault is 15k/3000 and the stack limit is way over but I have no one except myself and my laziness to blame for that. I'll fix it when I get around to it.

I've got 1500+ Bulk in armours/weapons, that again in tech comps and the rest... I have to manage my resources its MY problem that I created for MYSELF. It is not AE's vault (Other than increasing the number of tech comps/trophies that do exist)

If you have full disc, house, inventory and silo it sounds like you either have a lot of construction resources still that you need to use or you have stuff that needs to be pawned.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip

/shrug [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-8.gif[/img]
    rofl...

exactly.
    Got Cowbell?

...I'm sorry, but I don't think u can blame AE for u having too much stuff - u didn't have this problem before u started to stack it up...

There are two types of player in Horizons:

1. Those that desperately tried to empty their vault before the shrink

2. Those that desperately tried to make use of the huge vault before the shrink.

3. Those that can't count beyond two.

I'm of type two (or arguably three). I figured there was plenty of time to pare down after the shrink. I've gotten along before with an overstuffed vault I can do so again. But there was a limited time for me to work on my plot with the helpfully huge vault. Now I need to pair down the bulk in my vault, currently at 360,000 or so. That's a simple matter of making use of a few large stacks and maybe selling off some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip

/shrug [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-8.gif[/img]
    So those are two (three?) completely different type of players, Philip. It's unfair to suggest that the same person held both viewpoints unless you can show that they did. It bugs me when I hear it said "people complained X was too easy, they made it harder and now people whine it's too hard". Those are usually two completely different sets of people, just because you hear two separate viewpoints doesn't mean any one person is being hypocritical or flip-flopping. Different people hold wildly different opinions, don't expect them to all agree on what's best.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Durrin

My vault is also extremely overstuffed at the moment until I manage to laboriously move it out one backpack or disk at a time to be sold or whatever. And yes, noone forced me to have this much stuff in there.

However, AE has had a hand in causing some of the packrat mentality some of us have come to have. Thehuge multiplicationof comps that you need for virtually anything (and the lack of an effective marketing system) means that most have to save up for long periods when planning a new set of battle or cargo armour and these things take up lots of room!

Also, there is now a lot more construction going on with the new buildings and resource tiers available to us and the vault is woefully inadequate to be used as any help in building after the reduction back to 'normal' levels ... and personal storage is notmuch use to anyone in construction unless they are lucky enough to have a plot right next to the resource fields they need. The long distances between settlements and thus the increased number of ports needed to get to some of the areas is incredibly frustrating. Without a larger vault to help cut down on the number of trips required it can take longer to simply place finished materials than it did to gather and make them in the first place, not to mention the crashes or glitches in the construction screens that almost inevitably happen after you have been intensively porting for some time.

Yes, if you are not a construction crafter you likely can adapt to the smaller vault fairly quickly but I will not be singing the joys of porting zilliions of times just to place the finished materials on someone's buidling. The frustration factor is higher now than it was before the large vaults appeared and I expect this to start to be reflected in the prices people charge for construction in the future.

I am having no problems and we even managed to finish 4 JM buildings since yesterday. I went through the vaults of each of my toons and made some hard decisions. Many people however want to play the packrat and collect everything. It would be nice if the vaults were large and they have annouced that but the game is far from unplayable.

Ask yourself...can I gather those resources easily again? If so get rid of them. I had a pile of ground alchemy gems but those are easily gotten when I return to alchemist shcool so they are gone. All my toons vaults are below maximum and I am mainly a crafter. Guildhouse,silos and personal dwellings also help. (Note:my main has yet to build his house..thats tomorrows job)

Face it..people managed before then got spoiled.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris
    At the risk of repeating what others have already said, congratulations AE. You put the vaults back to normal. I've pawned off tons of possessions and resources, given away lots of valuables to others, and loaded un my disk and inventory with stuff from my vault. I still cannot put anything away in the vault. My inventory is full so I can't take anything out either.

After all that pawning/consigning/giving stuff away: 379/300 stacks, 3549/3000 bulk.

Congratulations, AE. The game is now unplayable.
    You can do what you want to me for this, but its not gonna stop me saying it:

All i can do when i read this post is laugh, i think that is totally pathetic, they have given plenty of warning pre-shrinkage, you have had plenty of time to empty out your vault, besides that it has been taken back to its PREVIOUS state, how did you cope before?

Heres a little advice, pawn some more or use that nice little thing called delete = )

Am am not for the tiny vaults either, but the game is in no way unplayable.

you should know better, tut tut [A]

(BTW yes it is my goal in life to piss everyone off, atleast once!)

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Thread Information