Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game is Unplayable

Default Re: Game is Unplayable

I don't think it's unplayable, but it would certainly make things more fun if the vaults were a little bigger. Personally I think the vault quests should have gone something more like this (considering the cost). SH I + 1000, SHII + 1500, SHIII + 2500, SHIV + 4500, and SH V + 8500, which would put you at 20,000 total with a SH V Vault. I was really kinda hopingforsomething betteron the vault caps considering it cost meover half a gold to go from SH III to SH V.. and I only got +400 bulk for that.

If not better vault space.. how about adding another cargo disk slot?

Laviscarus

Hehe go check out the vaults in EQ2 ;)

ok, I too agree the vaults the way they are now are too small...

And it costs far too much silver to even increase them to 3000, I've only managed to make 200 silver in game in 11 months...and I have to pay 50 for my next vault upgrade?? And here I have a quest for Ice golems who not only dont 'drop cash, but they drop water which is UNSELLABLE?! (hint - adventures can't make money unless they farm))

But what I don't get - the first few posters were saying their vaults were still full ...and one of those items was Trophies?!

Ok..why are you haording trophies? Either sell them or hoarde them, or give them to a dragon to hoarde them. They turn in for good cash to the Hunters anyway.

There isn't much reason to hoarde them? How can you complain that the game is unplayable when you're using up valuable vault space with trophy hoarding?

I understnad if you've got stuff for your building that is taking up space, but trophies? Why?

and unforutnately the truth is - you knew this was coming, we've knwon for MONTHS they were going to reduce them back, we've known for three weeks it was going to be shrunk - if you just can't let go of stuff that's really not Ae's concern. You're going to have to delete/pawn some of it. That just maybe a fact for you.

However, I do thikn the vaults need to be bigger than they are now - and cost lest for the increases!

Quote Originally Posted by Laviscarus
    Hehe go check out the vaults in EQ2 [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Would you like to elaborate on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Logikality
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Laviscarus wrote: Hehe go check out the vaults in EQ2 [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Rumour has it that they are extremely tiny - something about 6 or 7 item stacks..
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderZtorm

Rumour has it that they are extremely tiny - something about 6 or 7 item stacks..
    I think it's 5 items, but didn't play it for a while so I'm not 100% sure.

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Logikality wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Laviscarus wrote: Hehe go check out the vaults in EQ2 [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Ahh ok

...techs? they hardly take up any space at all. I have a ton of techs in a scalepack in my vault. What takes up space is all my scalesets, and caps. I have to get rid sof some of the scale collections, but that's fine; I know its coming. Also, I don't see the reason for keeping a ton of materials needed for items in the vault, like orbs/bars/bricks. When I need to craftan item or set, I go out and get them - takes me 10 minutes. Tech items I keep, but you need a lot of them to fill up a vault. And I never keep that many of the same type. If I have 20 obsidian golem frags, that means they are easliy come by, and I can sell most of them off...

Peri_Breeze

*puts on flame retardent mail* This subject is near to my thoughts, so I read through it all. Many of you have strong views, one way or another, but what many of you have not addressed is that "unplayable"is a subjective opinion. What is unplayable to one may not be to another. To give a person a cyber smack for expressing the frustration many of us out here feel regarding the vault situation is unfair and unnecessary. I feel your pain on this one Tigris.

I happen to agree with the intent of Tigris's post. I too plugged my vault with items, and I'm paring them down slowly but surely, but it's proving to be an arduous process. Crafting post vault restore is going to be an even larger P.I.T.A imo, and I too am feeling a frustration overall with these changes instituted by AE. The game modifications heaped upon us are such that a return to pre-merge levels was ill conceived. I understand DB has hinted on quests to enlarge the vaults, but how many of us really have the golds I'm sure it will take to get to the vault size we need? If we do, how long can we wait for AE to decide it's important enough to institute? *sigh*

I don't have the answers, but from what I'm experiencing, neither does AE. I'm a crafter. I've been on since last Dec, so I know what it was like in the early days. I too have dealt with all the ups & downs and I'm still here. AE has made crafting even more difficult of late, and I expected it would be a large issue when the vaults were restored to pre-merge size, so it's not a suprise to me. The vaults are only the current frustration. For some of us, it may well be the proverbial straw. From where I'm sitting, this game is rapidly becoming "unplayable" to me as well.

--Peri of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    But what I don't get - the first few posters were saying their vaults were still full ...and one of those items was Trophies?!

Ok..why are you haording trophies? Either sell them or hoarde them, or give them to a dragon to hoarde them. They turn in for good cash to the Hunters anyway.

There isn't much reason to hoarde them? How can you complain that the game is unplayable when you're using up valuable vault space with trophy hoarding?
    Keeping trophies makes sense when you are multiclassing as a biped. Especially if you have been gathering trophies for some time before you can use them. Sure you could sell them to the trophy hunter or you could turn them in get xp and cash.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

I just hoarded all my trophies from my vault, gave me an extra 12k hoard, not bad for being a packrat lol.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

gopher65

I just read a post from a dev (might have been DB actually) that said vault upgrades VI-X were in active testing, and more were planned. Don't know where I read it. Can someone else post the thread if they foundit too?

that would only give 1000 extra space, and 100 extra item stacks (I think), but hey, every little bit helps.

Tarpan

Default game is not unplayable

As i said in the title, game is not unplayable...
    But is un-enjoyable... so it miss the 1st goal of a game : enjoy.

I know the shrinked vault is "like it was before"... and it was before i start the game...
    And don't tell me there are quests... i already spent 160 silvers to upgrade vault to III ( all that i had ) and i'll get only 260/2600

But what bothers me is this : i'm only 40 in my highest craft class (tinkering) and i already can carry 11000 bulk with cargo disk, 3500 on me.
    Already the vault size is at least 5.5 times too small for a basic one, and 4 times too small for a full upgraded one, because it cannot even handle what i can transport myself, and i don't dare to imagine what it would befor the ones that are100 in a craft class.
    If i want to pass all this through a teleport, i'll have to make 4 runs, so pay 4 times the teleport fee.
    And pawn'ing what i gather or what i craft is not an option, as it would cost me more to gather and craft that what i'll get from the sell.

Also, having to teleport back and forth a 50ish times to build a single silo is a P.I.T.A. And silos are not the biggest building....
    Not to mention that every teleport, this bugged game eats more and more memory, so even with my 1 gig ram, i drop at 3 fps after about 40 teleports and have to stop the game and restart it to regain full FPS. => the problem is not my system but the game itself.

Last ( but not least ) all these teleports and recall put me in front of a "waiting screen" that is not too awful but enough is enough... i spend all days in front of computers, waiting for them to finish what i want them to do, and when i play a game, it's not really tostare at a waiting screen....

I appreciate the concept on HZ, and also the ambiance it has when vaults were huge, but as i usually spend 70% of my playing game crafting, this issue ( yes i said issue because something illogical and that is such an annoyance to players IS an issue ) will make HZ the second MMORPG i leave because of changes the dev's do without checking the players mood.

Default Re: game is not unplayable

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpan
    Last ( but not least ) all these teleports and recall put me in front of a "waiting screen" that is not too awful but enough is enough... i spend all days in front of computers, waiting for them to finish what i want them to do, and when i play a game, it's not really tostare at a waiting screen....
    Huh?? I know of almost no game that has no loading screen. HZ has almost none, most other mmorpgs has zones that have to be loaded once you leave a zone and enter a new one.

yes it was painful - but I have got back to just below the limit of my vault by getting rid of my hoard .... as a spellcrafter/enchanter I need both bulk and slots for the number of tech items and ingredients for my crafts .... I just mahage with limited supplies in storage.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

while I can understand your position, I will tell you now that my vault is at 569k/3k and although I cant put things in I certainly can swap things in and out of my vault w/o issue. Although I can find many issues wrong with HZ the current size of the vaults isn't anywhere even in the top 20 on my list atm. No I will not list then and hijack your thread about vaults.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Tarpan

The "loading screen" is easy to get... click "recall" and you'll see..[:S]

1. One mentioned "unplayable" was subjective. No it is not. "not fun" "not good" "good" "bad" etc are subjective terms. Unplayable is just simply unplayable.

2. The vault size is too small, yes, we can all agree on that. We Euros get the vault shrink tomorrow, and I look forward to it, I really do. I just got my contents down to 1976 bulk - and that as 85 adv/38 crafter. And I'm not even close to filling up my two houses, haven't finished any of my silos either. It is not impossible at all. I have cargo armor, 2 CDs, trophies, a few ingredients, some techs and forms I havent been able to scribe yet and a full steel ringmail for my healer levels vaulted.

3. According to David Bowman on IRC - Vault quests VI-X are 100% bulk only, so my best guess is that they'll increase bulk quite a bit each of them. Who knows, 500 bulk each might not be too far out of line, maybe even more than that.
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

1. One mentioned "unplayable" was subjective. No it is not. "not fun" "not good" "good" "bad" etc are subjective terms. Unplayable is just simply unplayable.

2. The vault size is too small, yes, we can all agree on that. We Euros get the vault shrink tomorrow, and I look forward to it, I really do. I just got my contents down to 1976 bulk - and that as 85 adv/38 crafter. And I'm not even close to filling up my two houses, haven't finished any of my silos either. It is not impossible at all. I have cargo armor, 2 CDs, trophies, a few ingredients, some techs and forms I havent been able to scribe yet and a full steel ringmail for my healer levels vaulted.

3. According to David Bowman on IRC - Vault quests VI-X are 100% bulk only, so my best guess is that they'll increase bulk quite a bit each of them. Who knows, 500 bulk each might not be too far out of line, maybe even more than that.
    ok and how much gold for that lil 500bulk?
    personally what i miss most is finishing machines in the feilds
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

lol this is one of the most stupid thread i ever saw on this boards.
    Statng game is unplayable is just pure ranting you complain o fthe vault, thats very stupid from you, before vaults were 2K and everyone was ok with it, and they were already crafters AFAIK, using the vaults to level craft was almost exploiting, and WAS NOT playing the game the way it is intended to be played anyways.
    When i read this kind of complaining i really feel some people are stupid around.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Thread Information