Thread: Vandus Confederation quest line: Forest Skulk Artifact III quest

Default Vandus Confederation quest line: Forest Skulk Artifact III quest

Hi again

Sorry to post something trivial like this, but think a slight adjustment on this quest might be warranted.

I googled and searched forums about this quest to see if something is wrong or something I was missing. I stumbled on this. I too was having this exact problem in this post: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24322

I know how to reproduce the problem this person was having, because it just happened to me. It took me 30 mins to figure out how to fix it and get the quest to advance.

I was on the step to locate the southern skulk village 215/217 (trigger point on road). Only by researching forums did I discover the trigger was on road. But instead I ran straight to the camp (through the grass, offroad), expecting the trigger to be at the camp.

I was bored while running around looking for the trigger point, so decided to kill a few mobs. I killed the Elder before getting the trigger. An "Ancient Talisman" appeared in my inventory, but did not know it, because it wasn't looted; it just appears automatically in inventory.

So after finding a post that says I needed to get the trigger on the road, I then run to the road and the quest advances. Then it says to Kill the Forest Skulk Elder. I run back and killed him many times in a row and looting everything. The quest would not advance. Kept saying 0/1 Elders killed. I then ran back to northern camp, just in case that Elder might make it trigger. Did not work.

Deleted quest and started over. This time being sure to get the trigger on road first. Went to elder again, killed him several times and the quest still would not advance.

It wasn't until I was tossing this problem in marketplace channel and after 20 mins someone said did you get some special loot? So I said no, he didn't drop anything special. I was looking at the loot windows the whole time; just basic stuff. But since I had so much loot on me, I decided to look in inventory and sort it. I then noticed an attuned item called Ancient Talisman. It wasn't until I deleted the Talisman, that killing the Elder finally counted.

So just wanted to toss out a suggestion, if possible, to not allow the Elder to automatically stick the talisman in inventory, when you kill him, until after the trigger point on road is checked off.

Cheers!

Default Re: Vandus Confederation quest line: Forest Skulk Artifact III quest

Sorry. I must've been tired last night. After re-reading that post I linked, I do see where it says delete the talisman. I swear I didn't see that last night, before I posted this No reply is needed, but I still stand behind my suggestion

It is a good suggestion, not everybody reads the forum

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

going to make the scout step optional for the next update.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information