Thread: Waiting

Default Waiting

Waiting for Valkor (and Reklar and SoG) is a pain....
    and may destroy the enthusiasm
    for further hunts.

Pls devs
    set the bosses back on a fixed timer.
    Let it be 1h- max 2h- but FIX
    so that the players can plan their day in or out of Istaria.
    Population is not high enough-
    and different time zones are an additional prob.
    Give us back the chance of regulary hunts.
    Please think about that.
    Thank you.

Come out Valkie,
    no dragons here- play with us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

or watch us do a line dance

(if someone managed to make pics of that)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Waiting

What are the timers at now?

Highly varied with several hours range. No real win here unfortunately. Set them shorter we get complaints of complaints of camping and dumping of rare items on the marketplace. Set them rare and we get complaints of a lack of accessibility. Set them common and set the loot to rare and we get complaints of a lack of reward. Not sure what the solution is to this I'm afraid.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well, lets assume 8 players per hunt, times 4 weapons, times 5 parts per weapon = 160 hunts assuming we get only unique parts and no formulas and a round robin distribution of items AND of course NO Wipeouts.
    At one hunt per week (a very veeery optimistic yearly average for Order - I personally think i've got about 10-12 valkor hunts in the last year) that's over 3 years bare minimum for the initial team of 8 to get all 4 weapons from Valkor.
    NOW I really understand the happiness of a fellow player that finally got HIS precious Valkor weapon after 8 years of playing.

All above considered, I really don't think a fixed timer of about 1 or 2 hours for Valkor/Reklaw respawn is a game breaking issue nor it has the potential to flood the market with items (what market if I may ask?)

Maybe the situation is different for Chaos, but here on Order things looks really grim in terms of "chance to get an valkor/reklaw weapon" - read "i dont think i have any realistic chances to get myself a valkor weapon during the next 3 years or maybe even more".
    Last edited by Northwind; November 4th, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Set the spawn to a lower time between and change the possible part drop to be a 100% chance for a random # of tokens drops for each player. Set up an NPC to trade the tokens for specific pieces.

Randomness is preserved through the number of tokens, and each part can cost a different amount depending on rarity. Preserve reward as everyone who participates gets some number of tokens. Reduced spawn timer eliminates annoying wait.

Personally, as he has nothing I want or need I have to ask this: Is there anything he has that is actually valuable enough to care that much about? Or, is this just a matter of OCD? Gotta collect em all!

How about have them spawn after a quest, similar to the rift bosses? Have it an easy nonsense little quest that the qroup leader has to do to spawn them?

Just a thought...

I like all ideas here.

Drevar,
    concerning the drops:
    Sog and Valkor claw - well a bit outdated perhaps, but nice to have.
    Still useful here and there.

SoG weapons (bow, staff, sword) are still very good.
    So is Valkor bow.
    Reklar`s Sash of Fury..precious
    Reklar Scale.. is for Helians (Shular would say ) and hybrides.
    I shall change my crystals if I ever get it. Makes much sense to me.
    All in all- one can live without all that- but why should we?
    Its content, it offers more variety of equippment,
    its fun to hunt, its a reason to group, its good training..
    and this bosses are still a challange, though we all (dragons and bipeds) have gotten stronger and stronger over the years.
    Well- and good old SoG is a good training-partner for unexperienced players.
    He can be hunted without the help of vet. players.

So hail to our bosses- I hope we can hunt them more often soon

edit: Let me add something concerning the claws and other drops:
    In a group hunt against a single mob its very useful if one dragon uses Demon Claw and one Blood Talon.
    Concerning the other items: For Players who do not have it all-say x different adventurer/scale sets,
    and y different weapons/claws- all those items are very helpful.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; November 5th, 2012 at 06:55 AM.

Personally, i like to switch things up a bit. i'm a ranger (as most know), and i like to test out different things for him. i am still in need of part 4 of valkors bloodthorn bow. which from what i've seen is a nice bow. and my dragon could use the claw, which also seems quite nice.

i use different bows depending on the situation. there's nothing wrong with collecting items.

i am still after another demonogii, for an alt character whom i am making into another class. so as not to play out ranger.

all in all, it's nice to have choices of weapons. but Valkor can take yrs to get enough ppl on order to be able to get what you need.

thanks to a friend, i only need 1 piece. but also another friend of mine needs the same piece. since it's not a common drop... it can become hectic, trying to get groups to even go after him anymore

well said both malicore and Lovwyrm .please let me add to everything you have said ,valkor was alot more interesting when he wandered the lands around his castle, you always had to wonder if he would spawn some help behind you . As for arranging groups for hunts , i will never say no for a chance to battle but with their increasingly long spawntime it does make it hard to keep everyone together for more tha 1 hunt , especially if multiple people are looking for same drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Set the spawn to a lower time between and change the possible part drop to be a 100% chance for a random # of tokens drops for each player. Set up an NPC to trade the tokens for specific pieces.

Randomness is preserved through the number of tokens, and each part can cost a different amount depending on rarity. Preserve reward as everyone who participates gets some number of tokens. Reduced spawn timer eliminates annoying wait.

Personally, as he has nothing I want or need I have to ask this: Is there anything he has that is actually valuable enough to care that much about? Or, is this just a matter of OCD? Gotta collect em all!

We actually discussed something similar to that here (http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24428) and it wasn't received very well.

But, perhaps it can be re-visited in some manner. Just to clarify, I have no problem increasing the rate at which Valkor (or any boss) respawns. My primary concern is the loot they provide. Don't want to make it too easy or too hard.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

lol terrox- I think all who have to pull him will disagree here.
    And his crazy spawning here- disappear- respawn there...
    nono- keep him locked in his castle- better for us

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We actually discussed something similar to that here (http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24428) and it wasn't received very well.

But, perhaps it can be re-visited in some manner. Just to clarify, I have no problem increasing the rate at which Valkor (or any boss) respawns. My primary concern is the loot they provide. Don't want to make it too easy or too hard.
    his one hit kill all makes it hard enough. yesterday he got us 2 times in a short period. is his skill for that attack (i believe vampiric bats) supposed to be that fast of a timer?

i can pull him and die instantly, get revived and pull again, same attack in less than 30 seconds or so. yesterday i probably should have stayed back farther from other players, due to his using that one hit kill all attack. but i dispelled and pulled, stunned him, and 10 seconds later all were dead again.

not worried about his drop rate being increased. just having to wait for up to 4 hours to kill him again.. (as terrox mentioned) you can't keep a group that long. hard to get a full group in first place with so few players on Order shard wanting to kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    his one hit kill all makes it hard enough. yesterday he got us 2 times in a short period. is his skill for that attack (i believe vampiric bats) supposed to be that fast of a timer?

i can pull him and die instantly, get revived and pull again, same attack in less than 30 seconds or so. yesterday i probably should have stayed back farther from other players, due to his using that one hit kill all attack. but i dispelled and pulled, stunned him, and 10 seconds later all were dead again.

not worried about his drop rate being increased. just having to wait for up to 4 hours to kill him again.. (as terrox mentioned) you can't keep a group that long. hard to get a full group in first place with so few players on Order shard wanting to kill him
    The problem, quite honestly, is the population of Order versus that of Chaos. The complaints tend to be one versus the other, in review. And yes, he is supposed to use his ability that quickly. Best to stay clear of his range.

I don't see a problem with the current set-up. I also don't see a real problem finding a group to hunt epics on Order. Epics are falling all the time on Order right now. Probably more than at any point I can remember on the shard.

It is called Epic it shouldn't be something you can do 5 times a session or something that you should automatically be able to do any time you log on.

I don't see a problem with giving the timers a tweak but I don't think any thing drastic needs changed.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The problem, quite honestly, is the population of Order versus that of Chaos. The complaints tend to be one versus the other, in review. And yes, he is supposed to use his ability that quickly. Best to stay clear of his range.
    was just curious of his skill. ty for the reply. always try to stay clear. but he has one heck of a range.

usually dead within a sec or 2 of hitting him with ranged spells or longshot.
    what exactly is the range he has on that attack, if i might ask? i have used longshot which with current abilities is about 80 meters, and i get killed right after i hit him, even if i run.

@Teto, no one was asking for drastic changes. just more or less looking to see about the timer. and you haven't been around much lately to see how hard it's been to put a group together for Valkor. of course weekends are a bit better time. but sometimes you have to beg, borrow and steal to get enough to take Valkor. i'm guessing a lot of ppl don't like DP's.

maybe it's more "who ya know" to get a group going. but i mainly use market to ask for groups, and not a great turn out most times
    Last edited by Malicore; November 6th, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

I know the op of the thread is just about Epic timer change. But that brings in terrox wanting the spawn changed. That brings the devs in with loot changes to offset a timer change or to totally change how epic loot is done totally. Any small change can lead to unintended consequences. I wanted Mithril MLs unlinked to Platinum in the the mine. Now a mine in the mithril canyons has no mithril.

I am just asking that if the any change happens it doesn't drastically change something like the likely hood that us that hunt them much less frequently now have even worse odds of getting anything good.

Teto- I agree with you at one point:
    I can get a group together without probs:
    I can do Sog with 2 and Valkor with 3- Reklar with 5-6.
    All close friends who play together since ages.
    But I found out that the younger (newer) players did not even know that those bosses exsist- nor someone tought them how to fight them.
    Order is a great community- but there are still factions who usually stay amongst themselves: Unitarians, Guilds, old Order players, the time zones, chat channels.
    Given that, and the low population of Order-
    many players left cause they felt (left) alone. Others cause they thought,
    they had played all there is.
    Hunting bosses is one thing left (as we have no WA attacs or craft projects)all that factions can do together atm.
    Fixed timer for the bosses will open the hunts to everyone- not only those "Guild only/vets only/ aso" hunts.
    In my eyes a good thing for the community and the game.
    And pls no lowered drop rate:
    Gaining dp for junk loot is standard- not exception.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; November 6th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

I don't care if the timers are shorten, if that is all that is changing about them.

I don't see how people don't know the epics are there the games quest structure leads you right to them. Plus how does changing timers change that fact.

If anything Malicore I am ingame too much and that makes finding epic hunts easier for me.

How short do you guys think the timers should be? How many times in one session should a player be able to kill the top bosses in a game? I am not being a smart *** just wondering what you guys think is reasonable.

for ten years the drops were ok and the spawns. so why the change? that is what i dont understand.
    Lillyjo, chaos server

PS i never went on one of those hunts but others do and like it ..so to change it so late in the game to me is an unsmart move

Thread Information