Thread: Dragon Broken Items kinda broke me

Unhappy Dragon Broken Items kinda broke me

Well I just made my first Priceless Back Scale... only to find out afterwards that I cannot even equip it because the scales that require you to be level 100 - which I am - also want you to be ancient - which I'm not. Yes, I could have seen that before, but as there are no things a dragon can craft which needs one to be ancient, I just didn't see it.

Yes I know they're Tier 6, but other equipment I have as well and can be equipped as adult. My anticipation at least is gone for now. Don't like to stay with weaker equipment whereas there's no background why scales suddenly only fits ancients.

*stays with his Lunus Head Scale of the Ancients which gives him 133% armor and not only +65*

Default Re: Dragon Broken Items kinda broke me

For something that only ancients can equip, I'd have thought the scales would be a little more......Focused on a specific type of play, rather then having +35 of a whole bunch of stats, as well as having no armor on some of them.

I'm certainly going to have fun hunting for and crafting them, but then I foresee them sitting in my vault to collect dust.

they are great for those who can`t /have noone to craft perfect scale sets.
    Adventure only dragons.
    Or drags that did not hit 100 craft already.
    (only a few things to bring to the crafter, compared wit "normal" scales)

They are a nice addition to one or the other scale set.
    All in all its a nice to have, nice to hunt, nice to craft.

Will test them and compare with my orign scales in the days to come.

I`m happy about the fact, that those scales will not make drags stronger as they already are.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Wink Re: Dragon Broken Items kinda broke me

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    *stays with his Lunus Head Scale of the Ancients which gives him 133% armor and not only +65*
    Kinda off topic here, so I apologize, but being ancient gives you that 133% as a passive bonus, thus no longer needing the scale... pretty sure it does.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    I hope that you actually know that after you ascend to ancienthood that bonus is applied to your base armor and you also get better flying speed and better bulk capacity and a mezz and bofh and a more imposing stature

Those being said, i agree that Dragon Broken Items are indeed broken and will probably collect dust in inventories.
    As opposed to T6 biped broken weapons that are the next best thing right after epic weapons and T6 broken jewelries that are actually the best jewelries in game today. period.

Don't jump me. I know they were created that weak on purpose. I also hope they get some nice lore stories behind them cause that's what they are. Lore items.

EDIT: pff, such a slow typer I am. hallucin8 beat me to it
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

\o/ Weeee lore....

Has anyone seen a broken dragon claw yet? I've been wondering.. >_>

*edit. Morning me has brain of morning me. Are there any -plans- to put in a broken claw?
    Last edited by Alisto; November 15th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

ppl might not agree with this. but as a biped, in order to use the items we get, we need multiple lvl 100 classes to get the rating required to equip them.

since dragons do not get a adv rating over 100, it seems to be another requirement is needed in order to earn the right to use those new items. such as RoP for T5 gear (adult/ancient only) and ancient for T6 (ancient only). thus not just getting to 100 1 time that matters, as equaling the work involved in being able to use something.

to me it sorta balances things out a bit. but this is only my opinion.

and i have 2 ancients myself. so i do not consider this biased

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    \o/ Weeee lore....

Has anyone seen a broken dragon claw yet? I've been wondering.. >_>

*edit. Morning me has brain of morning me. Are there any -plans- to put in a broken claw?
    there will be no broken claws for dragons as of late, and from what i've seen, none are being planned. there was a discussion about that before on forum, you can do a search to find it

@Hallucin:
    Just was a hint that there are many T6 items I currently can use without being ancient

@Alisto:
    Ancients can tech at least one tech to the scales. The level 80 broken Items don't have any techs at all

Right now i did some figures comparing the ancient scale that gives the 133% base armor compared it to the matching t5 norm crafted headscale and the t6 repaired version. At present of my opinion of these 3 scales from in my opinion the t6 repaired scale appears to be the weakest of the 3 scales. the normal scale i figured having only sockets and lv 100 crystals though in some causes i thinkthese scale possibly best use is for crafting

Are some/most of the T6 scales really meant to give zero base armor?!? They are clearly meant to be adventure scales, hence the lvl 100 adventure and ancient requirement, so why on earth do they not all have +65 armor at least? I might consider using some of them then...
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

hallucin8 and Northwind: Pharaxes is an adult and proud, and i doubt he shall ascend anytime soon, otherwise he wouldn't have needed the scale :3

Upon looking across the several posts, i agree with mali in saying that they should be ancient only, but, there are adults who aren't gonna ascend, but will still go through the ARoP (why not? c: ) yet can't wear them. Not sure how it would be possible, but maybe adults /can/ wear the scales, so long as they have their rune of ascension, so adults who don't plan to ascend can still wear them?

And the armour bonuses and such. Has anyone tried making a whole set yet? And comparing the whole set of reparied scales with crafted ones (+lv100 crystals)? To me - with the right choice of techs and crystals - they look like they might be usefull for semi-melee-casters, but i have yet to find enough peices to make them all (lv89 craft and master formulae don't mix well without a nice teir'd machine, trust me XD).
    As specified in this thread, the scales are not meant to overpower dragons (myself, i think having crafted scales better, encourages people to get their craft up so they don't have to ask someone to make them) so are weak, but i think they should atleast almost match/be similiar to what crafted scales can get up to. a crafted combat set usually goes mostly armour, and somewhat similiar (excluding special crystals like the saris stone of frinedship) so lets see.
    +750 armour from 10 armour bases
    +100 to one skill, for three skills if hindlegs, back and tail are the same.
    up to +260 to four stats if 4 of the same crystals are put in sockets
    then...
    +50 damage and -50% recycle on spells for two peircing winds techs
    +10 damage and +50 attack skill on melee attacks from razor teeth
    (then stretch that damage bonus out a bit, for how much more damage it really adds to attacks/spells)
    that stacks up to alot of damage...
    Now, from looking at my master repair formula...
    +175 strength
    +175 dexterity
    +175 power
    +175 focus
    +175 tooth and claw
    +175 primal
    +175 dragon breath
    +200 health
    +325 armour
    EDIT: this is without the one techs slot provided. so, we can then get +260 to one stat through four sockets, then +100 to one skill through techs
    its clear crafted scales are better, but maybe the +175 to all skills and stats makes up for the armour and health lost? Though not sure.
    Last edited by Azath; November 19th, 2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: had missing/incorrect information

Thread Information