Thread: Looking to craft option

Default Looking to craft option

One idea mentioned in-game by some lad (forget his name) was to add the option of displaying yourself as 'looking to craft' (much like the 'seeking group' function).

e.g. A player looking for a Tailor can open the '/who' windowandtick the Tailor, Outfitter, and Looking to craft boxes. It would now display all the Tailors and Outfitters who are currently looking for work, or craft.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Default Re: Looking to craft option

I was thinking about this last night too. I have little to no desire to make lower level tink stuff, even though I'm not a very high level tink myself. But I just don't have the forms and don't like being asked for all the beginner stuff. I've been asked for several sets of kenaf cargo, but I'm adventuring more lately, so I don't have the time and don't want to buy forms for things I'll never use.

Also, while in fitter... I never get any work, and would like to get job offers for something other than iron at my level..

Great idea; I like it. Sure would beat spamming the daylights out of people, looking for someone willing to make something for you....
    [li]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Yes - good idea that should be simple to include.
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

Does the current "looking for group" function get much use? It's kind of hidden in the interface. I would worry that not enough crafters would bother to set it, or that they wouldn't update it often enough.

There was another consideration mentioned last time this topic came up on Tazoon.com. Most crafters are multi-schooled and often aren't currently in the school the want to sell in. Say an advanced jeweler capable and willing to produce mithril jewelry is currently a level 20 mason working on the sandstone for his plot. No one can see he's a jeweler using /who. The simplest implementation of a "looking for work" might lead people to think he wants work as a mason.

The most useful sort of work flag would allow a crafter to specify what fields he's willing to take commissions. Possibly even which tiers. If you wanted to allow more customization without having to specify every single formula acquired you could allow the crafter to include an "about me" blurb that the prospective customer could optionally view. Then you could include something like: "I'm an advanced tailor specializing in expert leather forms, I have all the special dye techniques. I don't charge an arm and a leg, only a finger or two."
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Thread Information