Thread: Dire wolf hide grip

Default Dire wolf hide grip

the quest specifies 800 or higher leatherworking. not sure what lvl outfitter is needed. the NPC talks about the items as if they are journeyman. gives you a jman form for dire wolf hide strips (should be expert) expert animal hide processing form has only 1 item to make (dire wolf hide strips), i received a jman form. this needs to be corrected as jman say 400 skill, dire wolf is T5 lvl 81 - 86.

She still talks about needing maple tannin's for a T5 item? for curing the leather, which curing was removed from the quest.

npc also says silk is needed to make the hide grip, also incorrect as the form requires ironsilk. when she tries to give you a form after telling you that you need silk, the text in the link is jumbled and fails to give anything when clicked. must close the window and greet her again to receive the dire wolf grip formula.

also, no indication as to what all is required to obtain the quest, as 2 of my characters are 100 outfitter with 800+ leatherworking, but only one of them was capable of receiving the quest. she won't offer to the other character. a friend of mine, also lvl 100 outfitter, can not receive the quest either

Default Re: Dire wolf hide grip

Got it. Thanks.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I also am having a hard time getting this quest.my level 100 outfitter is not being given the quest from trainer even though i have Expert animal hide processing and leaterwork over 800.i have gone back and seen if i have missed a quest , and no , I have expert kwellen hide proceesing also. the only form i was missing was journeyman animal hide processing.
    also it says calmir's hide grip is offered 2 times and i can't seem to get it to trigger a second time with elar or scout

I don't know if these have anything to do with Calmir's (sp?) hide grip, but you might have to check with the ranger trainer in Feladan. Careful though, as there are two different quest rewards, one for bow-users and one for all else. It's an adventure quest but willl require the crafting skill to complete, and I don't know if you can get both rewards.Of course, if these are not related, then feel free to disregard whatI have mentioned
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

i believe there is only one you are allowed, if you receive the one for regular weapons, you can not receive one for the bow. and vice versa. hence the calimir's grips X's 2 as stated by Amon, in a previous post

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    i believe there is only one you are allowed, if you receive the one for regular weapons, you can not receive one for the bow. and vice versa. hence the calimir's grips X's 2 as stated by Amon, in a previous post
    Thanks for cofirming.

I'm still unsure on what, if any relation Calimir's Grips, and the Dire Wolf Hide Grips have to one another. I'm getting kinda off topic, and Amon has already responded with his good ol' "Got it. Thanks."

It would seem to me, for the Dire Wolf Hide Grips, for the quest to be more appropriate for a Fletcher rather than Outiftter, as Outfitters typically make armors while Fletchers deal with non-metal weapons. As stated, since it requires Leatherworking, this is obviously not a Fletcher skill, though. Just my 2 cents.

So is the Dire Wolf Hide form/quest given from a craft trainer, or from the ranger trainer as Calimir's are?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

The form is given from the craft trainer.

I would like to know all the prerequisites for the Dire Wolf Hide Grips quest. I can't seem to get the quest. What quests do you have to have complete before this is available?

as an addition to this thread. it appears that doing the calimir's quest sets off the dire wolf hide grip quest from the outfiter. but, ppl who have done the melee version can't seem to get the outfitter to give them the quest after completing Calimir's direst wolves quest. my alt was able to get the outfitter's quest when he completed the Calimir's Direst Wolves Quest for ranged use.

it was brought to my attention that this bug was fixed some time ago, allowing either type of the quest to activate the outfitter's dire wolf hide grip quest. however, 2 ppl i know that competed it for melee weapons, are now unable to receive the outfitter's quest. yes they meet all other requirements with 80+ outfitter school, and 800+ leatherworking. in fact, both ppl are Grand Master Crafters. and both have completed Calimir's direst wolves quest for melee weapons.

Please look into this issue, ty

i just saw the blight patch notes. so i see they are in the works:
    Quest "Learn to Make Dire Wolf Hide Grips" now properly gives you the Expert Animal Hide Processing formula instead of Journeyman and also makes no further mention of Maple Hide Tannin.
    Quest "Learn to Make Dire Wolf Hide Grips" now allows you to have completed either of the "Hunting the Direst Wolves" quests (as a Ranger or Non-Ranger).

Thread Information