Thread: Annual Scions-hosted Holiday Ball 2012 December 22 EST noon (GMT 5 pm) in Harro

Default Annual Scions-hosted Holiday Ball 2012 December 22 EST noon (GMT 5 pm) in Harro

Once again, Scions are hosting a holiday ball, open to the entire shard and any visitors who care to drop in.

This year it will be in Harro at Armaiti's plot, east up the hill from the port pad. The ball is scheduled to start at the following time (I hope I have the zone conversions right):

Saturday, 22 December: 8 pm : Moscow
    Saturday, 22 December: 6 pm : Berlin
    Saturday 22 December: 5 pm : London
    Saturday, 22 December: noon : New York (EST)
    Saturday, 22 December: 11 am: Winnipeg (CST)
    Saturday, 22 December: 10 am : Phoenix (MST)
    Saturday, 22 December: 9 am : Los Angeles (PST)
    Saturday, 22 December: 7 am: Honolulu (HAST)
    Sunday, 23 December: 4 am : Sydney
    Sunday, 23 December: 2 am : Tokyo

Please come for some goodies and cup of cheer (I'm working on old holiday recipes) and to try out the footwork. Hopefully we can get a rousing & colorful version of the gnomish crosshop going - usually not too many heads get kicked during it. It's kind of pretty when we have various attacks (ice, flame, energy) cast on folks as they dance about!

We'll happily try any other coordinated steps folks can think of, like the box step so popular in previous years, the criss-cross, the circle dance, and the line dance.

Attire is formal if you can manage it, though we don't turn anyone away; please consider style/coordination and that this is the perfect time to bring out those non-armor, non-cargo items tucked in your closet.

Happy holidays and hope to see you there!
    *practices: forward, slide left, back, slide right... no, no, my other right!*

Default Re: Annual Scions-hosted Holiday Ball 2012 December 22 EST noon (GMT 5 pm) in Harro

just like last year, i plan on attending. if i can wake up at that time.

Default Re: Annual Scions-hosted Holiday Ball 2012 December 22 EST noon (GMT 5 pm) in Harro

This sounds fun Awdz, I hope to be able to make there.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

The ball went on with lots of food and quite few dances done. Several attendees were wall flowers, so it was more of a demonstration of steps than crowds on the dance floor. Nevertheless, all attendees received keys to the city and lots of yummy goodies.

Itahim's prepared dance was lovely, using movements used in formal meetings (i.e., emotes) combined with glides for excellent effect.

The circle dance was more challenging because the circular center of the dance floor made any off-steps far more noticeable. Still, we managed to get some consistent circles done. :-)

The line dance started with me in lead, then Itahim and Jaatar each took turns leading as we traveled around Harro, across the giant tiled "SCIONS" and through & around various buildings before I led us back to the official dance floor.

We wrapped up with some story telling; I told how I know how to retool my water clock, Itahim told how he lost his voice and came to trust animals more than people, and Koja told a hatchling story. All in all, an entertaining time.

Many thanks to all who participated! :-)

Thread Information