It is fine if a friend or family member wants to give advice, but when it is a complete stranger and unasked for at possibly the most inappropriate time it is highly annoying to the point of insanity.

I watched an episode unfold in the doctors office today, and it drove me bonkers. I don't know what makes any person think they can preach to parents in any form, in any way they choose, at any time. And I don't mean other family members who at least have a vested interest in the children of the parents, but complete strangers. And why do they always have to choose the most inappropriate time to try it on as well? It was so tactless and I don't think they were thanked for the unwelcome contribution. All behavior like that does is irritate others and show how rude and ignorant you can be.

Maybe I don't understand it, but I know it annoys me to no end every time I see it. As a society we don't find it acceptable to do this on the fly to other individuals like married/dating couples or anothers' other intimate personal business affairs. So there is no excuse for a green pass to be given for someone to have such obnoxious behavior towards parents/grandparents they don't even know. They preach that parents should lead by example while they don't do it themselves. The next generation would learn alot more about respect and courtesy if these preachy individuals showed their own by minding their own affairs and using a large amount of tact if they feel they absolutely have to say something.