Thread: I cannot damage any creatures!!!! Everything does 0 dmg. Plz Help.

Default I cannot damage any creatures!!!! Everything does 0 dmg. Plz Help.

Everything was working fine last night. I log on this morning and now I can't damage any creatures. I'm not sure if it's new creatures from the merge or old ones. I don't want to run around Istaria attacking everything in order to find out. I'm a lv. 21/20 Dragon, named Craw. Today I started my lv. 20 quests so I went to fight small Ruxus' but I could not damage them. Everything I did said 0 damage except for Bite II and my Spiked scales, which barely did any dmg. to them anyway. So I thought maybe these mobs were resistant or something. I tried a different quest and the same thing happened only this time it was Small grass Beetles. All of my spells, abilities and my normal attack all say you hit "creature" for 0 pts. of damage. What's going on here? I've filed a ticket for it but I don't really want to wait over a week to have this fixed. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. As a dragon, there's no way I can keep myself healed long enough for spiked scales and Bite II to kill anything. The first Bite II always hits for 0 also but then it does like it normally should every few seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this. Plz help. It doesn't matter how long I wait on the creatures or even how much damage they do to me, this isn't some weird delay. All of my attacks simply do 0 Damage. Thanks for the help in advance :)

Cayi

Default Re: I cannot damage any creatures!!!! Everything does 0 dmg. Plz Help.

I had the same exact problem.In my case it was spells that would hit but do no damage ( I play 83 wiz). Only the effects would land.The solution for me was to unequip my staff and use another one or no weapon at all. I stumbled across this when I noticed I could do damage while harvesting essence, when I had the syphon in my hand but could do no damage when I had my good staff. I hope they fix this as I really need a top notch staff. Let me know if this works for you.

p.s. I have had a ticket in since the 9 or 10th of Nov and not a peep from "customer" service...

I get the distinct feeling that poor Amon is the only one handling tickets, in addition, he seems to be doing some work on the game quests also. [:|]

My wife and I are still working on getting missing resources from the merger resolved. (Apparently there was a bug either in the application of the novians or the assignment of the novians from the walls of her plot).

Might be a while.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] Did you try debuffing the ruxus? Hey Craw it's Atma, heheheh... What other creatures are this way to you? Maybe when were both online we can invesitgae together and bring more info on it...

My guildmaster bossam said he had the same issue as well with more than that creature. Bite 2 and some other attack he couldnt remember which did damage. So he deleted the dragon and made Bossam and has no issues yet...

Gomen
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

I figured out the problem a while back and forgot to post. For any of you'll who are playing a Dragon and have experienced this, it was because I was wearing a head scale called Scale of the Dance. It says it turns damage into dance, whatever that means, I thought it would turn some incomming damage into something but instead it was turning all of my damage that I did to any creature into dance (whatever that means)
    Once I removed the scale, the problem went away. While wearing the scale, I could not damage any creatures, none of my attacks or abilities except damage over time spells would work, I couldn't even hit a lv. 1 maggot.
    There are at least 3 other head scales like that, they all say something like head Scale of the Dance, or Scale of something or other,
    I don't know what they're for, maybe a quest or something but do not wear them, trust me on this, you will die if you do, hehehe. Well, I hope this helps any future dragons who may have this problem associated with these scales. Take care everyone.

Those are special scales/crystals that were needed to damage the machines of dominance on the satyr islands. I don't remember all the machines' names offhand, but Discord was damaged by weapons with the Harmony talisman, and similarly for the other three. Palsy I believe was damaged by Dance, Famine by Revelry? They were made from special ore and slate from the islands.
    The building of the mines (which were under constant attack)which led to the teleporters to the islands,and getting the materials from island B to attack successfully on island A, and eventually, after much shard-wide leveling to vanquishing the machines made this an epic quest series, and freed the satyrs, now a playable race.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Yes I noticed this too. I thought it was just redback spiders but I went after some other monsters I have easily killed recently and I was able to hit them but there was a HUGE difference in how often I was able to hit and for what damage. I tried going after some really low lvl creatures and missed on some of them too.....

Erm....you guys fixed monster lvls so we can see them...what gives with ignoring the prb of our attacks missing monstersnow?

bump!! this needs FIXED ASAP - pl3333aaaasseeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Ok So I saw a Head scale of melody today... I bought it for two reason, to check out the 0 damage thing, and you know its going to be something different in the future... Prolly worth something then...

I put it on and went to some level 3-6 undead in new brommel. I am using Atma Weapon a lvl 27/21 dragon... They missed me and when I hit I did normal damage both with the scale on and off...

So I went to kion. I hit Up some water golems between lvl 16-18. I did zero damage with direct attacks... Only the Damage over Time (DoT) attacks would hut the golems, and not the inital blow, just the DoT...

Same with level 6-10 Sand Pygmies...

So it's a nonfeature complete item... But maybe as it stands it has something to offer against the undead... Maybe it works to make you hit undead all the time, and they miss you alot...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

The four satyr scales (and crystals for bipeds) are working as intended. My understanding is that these items were only intended for use in the "free the satyrs" world event. Once that event was completed, the satyr scales were no longer needed.

For many months after the event, these items continued to convert damage to magic damage. Pre-merge, they were pretty much the only effective way for a dragon to solo physical immune animated marrows, since unlike bipeds, dragons had no way to convert their physical attacks to other damage types (ie we could not cast energy attack, etc.).

AE later intentionally changed these items so they no longer damaged creatures because their intended purpose was only for use in the satyr event.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

There are wisp / spectre type things called 'Dischord' these can be taken out with the Talisman of Melody equipped.

If this is still equipped you will be unable to dmg anything else APART from this creature. Possibly it also raises others damage against you.

blah, blah, blah, only meant to be used during that event, blah, blah, blah, worked against marrows once upon a time, blah, blah, blah. for some reason the satyr machines look active again and can be 'hurt' if this is equipped on the right machine.

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Werkseikojin

:o It would be nice if these items converted damage to a mezz or stun chance...

We've been seeing this issue comehere and there lately, and yes, this does indeed have to do with the Crystals and Scales from the Satyr events. If you have a weapon and are doing 0 Damage to a monster when you are certain you should be doing at least some, make sure you do not have one of these crystals equipped in the weapon. If you are a Dragon and are experiencing this same problem, double-check your scales and make sure you aren't wearingone of the Event scales. The names of the crystals and scales would include the following names:

Harmony, Feasting, Dance, or Revelry.

If any of your socketed weapons, armor or jewelryhave any of these crystals, or if you suspect any of your scales, remove them and try attacking something again.

Hope this helps shed a little light on the subject!

Rawdge-AE

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

Thread Information