Thread: Crystal Shaper question

Default Crystal Shaper question

So i was wondering when the dev plan to if its not soon coming to live server the crystal shaping school will come since the removal of the normally dropped crystal buffs was removed in november 6th of last year just curious and not to be rude but perhaps waited to remove the crystal buffs closer to when the crystal shaper school was ready to be brought to live
    Last edited by starlight; January 28th, 2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: more accurate time of crystal change

Default Re: Crystal Shaper question

Agreed. The crystal buffs were removed months ahead of the school becoming available and that shouldn't have been approved. Many players have armor/scale sets configured specifically for "on the fly" resistances that depend on crystals. With the removal of their functionality, and nothing to replace them, many of us are left without options!

Perhaps I am confused here but as far as I know the "on the fly" crystal swapping resistance/wards are still in effect - it is only that the resistance/ward benefit from eating the crystals has been removed.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Perhaps I am confused here but as far as I know the "on the fly" crystal swapping resistance/wards are still in effect - it is only that the resistance/ward benefit from eating the crystals has been removed.

Knossos
    This is correct .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

More or less my question is when will the school be added finally? I myself am rather sceptical about these "costs" and "lingering effects"

would be great to have an idea of when the crystal shaper school is onto the live shards~ Myself, i only put my crystals in armour and use very very few for their short term effects - Of those which i -do- it is health or res/ward crystals i use; so i am not fussed on the crystal buffs.

Only the buff for armour crystals was removed as far as i know - they will still give you armour if placed in sockets, just not that short burst of armour upon eating them~

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    This is correct .
    I debate this greatly, as most players I spoke to also state the passive benefits have been disabled. I tested this in ED with blight crystals and there was no difference between having them equipped or unequipped.

I didn't test resist/ward crystals effectiveness, but their passive effect registers correctly in Character/Defenses Window.
    However, those crystals lost their consumable effect in the november patch, which is most unfortunate. It should be nice to have it back.

The armor and stat crystals still have their consumable effect in place - I've been quite grateful towards Istarian Gods for that. Thank you again.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I am sorry if I am not following this correctly but just asking... so when this crystal shaper skill comes out all the crystals we have like DCoM and health and armor skills and special crystals from quests will lose all their benefits??

please tell me this is not true and that I am mistaken and reading incorrectly.

It depends which server board I think is which.

They'll lose their edible benefits - as in, you can't eat them and get the temporary bonuses. However, when you socket them, they work with those bonuses still.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    They'll lose their edible benefits - as in, you can't eat them and get the temporary bonuses. However, when you socket them, they work with those bonuses still.
    Thank goodness. I read that shortly after I posted the first time.
    I was about to /rage quit like a 10 year old . lol Thanks Racktor

It depends which server board I think is which.

=P You're welcome... and I have to add that I love your new signature image.

I'd ragequit if they removed socketed crystal buffs too though, so you're not alone there! :P

Losing the consumable effects is bad enough.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thread Information