Thread: Emblems

Default Emblems

I was thinking about the current quests for these emblems.

My first think in my opinion the majority feel like a waste of effort for a item that only takes up vault space. Perhaps a change to these might make them more useful or give more incentive to go after them. I am not talking something major or overly drastic.

Some examples of my thoughts for the emblem.

For killing mylocs maybe a a increase chance to hit and/or a increased damage (delay adjust) vs mylcos only

A example for the crafting side:

X emblem give a small buff to the related skill(s) or the grand master crafter giving a small buff to the main craft skills The last thing is the suggestion of not having them be attuned so they dont clutter up a players vault

Default Re: Emblems

I'm fully with Starlight there! Then at least you can think "Hey when I do the next quest, I kick them even more!"

This way the emblems wouldn't just something that adds a name but actually an advantage about something

Perhaps Istaria could go the route of other games and simply put a tab in the character information window ('c') where one can select which title they wish to have :P Imagine all that free vault space :O

/Agrees with starlight as well

if we had this, then it wouldn't be worthelss, mindless massacre! ;P
    can't say i fully agree, but it might be nice.
    setting aside ones gotten from questlines, killing thousands of things is tough and not very rewarding at the moment..so why do them in the first place? i mean; if i want to collect tonnes of dragon journals, i'll take the myloc murdering quests and skip over 'em all, and in the end have something too add to my collection, its win win. If i want to grind on forest skulks i'll take the quest just for the hay of it, and in the end, win win. If i want to get lots of stygain scorp trophies for burris; i'll take that emblem quest too. win win win.
    As a dragon who hoards everything she can its a miracle for me to need vault space, might aswell mush an emblem collection into it~
    Though i half understand your need for space (*wonders how everyone needs so much space*) why not just have them take up zilch item stacks instead? having emblems attuned is important; most emblems must be well earnt, while some like investigator, yes, maybe they could be able to move, but all emblems have a level requirement to start their quests, i mean, can't have lv1 humans running about thinking they are the bane of mylocs~ and the emblems that are attuned currently; should be in my opinion.
    Isn't the game easy enough without having yet more things to make it easier? i can smush most things no problem; infact, sometimes it seems the title quests are the only challenge left to do. then again that could just be me thinking this x3 Though it could be nice to smush mylocs with a click on my fingers, it would also be eeeeeeven more boring to do that than to have them somewhat of a challenge; and actually need to something other than GR...select next target...GR...select next target.

Well i do say to each their own for doing the quests if they wish to.

In part this is a personal thing of having no use for titles as for a minor damage like what seems normal at most +10 for the last quest of that line.

Right now i feel only quests that give a decent reward are the dragon ability quest lines and the dragon rop /Arop.
    The "epic" spells are the other thing with a few quests like the saris friendship crystal and some others i can not recall names of

well, if I remember correctly the devs did have some time where they were thinking about implementing an emblem window, so they wouldn't take up any space anymore but (propably) be more like most other games handle titles.

however, I read this quite some time ago, so it could be inaccurate AND ofcourse this is pretty low on the to-do list, seeing as there's still tier revamps coming and what not.

excuse me if any of my information is inaccurate.

I like your idea Starlight.

As far as where to keep the emblems.. what about a new structure in which to store them.. Trophy Stand .. or Trophy Cabinet.. or something like that for plots/lairs? I'd also like a place to store just crystals too, like the libraries.. but hopefully smaller. A cabinet would work fine for me.. and what about putting them IN the houses?

Titles from emblems should just be a list of strings that you can choose from to make your active title. The equipped slot could then be used for something more substantial.

If it absoluteley must remain an item then they should have a new flag that binds the emblem to the character, meaning the character's name or UID or whatever becomes a wield requirement. Thus you can trade them off if you wish, but noone except you can equip them. Technically this would be attuning, but that term and game mechanic are already set and have been for years.

There are already threads about this very same issue:

Example: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ghlight=emblem

Summary: It is something we'd like to do, but it would require significant rework and we're pretty backed up on all fronts on work right now.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 14th, 2013 at 10:27 AM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yes that thread does refer to the attunement issue of the emblems just not the one I started about small bonuses given by the emblems in this thread

Thread Information