Thread: Recover Scribed Formulas

Default Recover Scribed Formulas

I have every possible jman spellcraft formula there is. Was fun collecting them over quite a long time. Recently I finally leveled up jman to expert spellcrafter and now can use Experts. So now I'm replacing all my jmans with experts as I find them. Some were very difficult to find and it almost hurts to delete them, when I find the Expert versions. Some were gotten from formulatron and was extremely expensive.

My idea/suggestion would be able to click a formula, in the knowledge book, and have them converted back into a formula in the inventory. Maybe either with a certain skill/level (papermaking maybe), or charge a scaling fee to do this. Then they could then be resold on connie or given to another player.

Or maybe when its pulled from book to inventory, it would be a 'torn formula' and needed some sort of 'repair' done to it before it is usable (scribable) again (again a level/skill or fee). The second option sounds way more complicated tho, quite a bit of programming, database revamping. But the first option is my wish list
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Recover Scribed Formulas

I like this ! Please do this with techs as well !
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I can think of no good reason why you would need a Journeyman formula back if you can scribe the Expert version. Ultimately, this would not be something we would be in favor of. We want players to either a) hunt for formulas or b) spend coin on formulas. Same with techniques.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I have to agree with Amon on this one. Formulas are so easy to get, this would be a waste of dev time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I have to agree with Amon on this one. Formulas are so easy to get, this would be a waste of dev time.
    Yes Guaran i agree with your point but with an exception . The Event techs forms spells ect content that was not met to be forgotten are and a new generation of players are hear with out the tools us vets fight with cause we have the forms techs but most old farts like our self s leave the game , Then the knowledge is lost .

face it you me and a few others are part of a dying breed .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    are part of a dying breed .

Gosh I hope not, I've just returned and I've heard that other "old-timers" are returning as well. In addition, I've heard the game is growing! A big fear of mine has been that after getting my plots and lairs all up and running again, the game would die. But, the info I'm getting is to the contrary, so I'm very hopeful for the future right now!

Guaran, Love your inscriptions!

Jaz

PS sorry for going off topic.

Oh, be careful what you delete! I just discovered that some formulas, dragon scale in this case, do not have all the lower formulas on the higher forms! For instance, some of the expert forms have only the one scale on them, not all the previous scales. Some of the Jman forms are the same way, they have only the Jman scales on them. Only some forms are like that, and I've only looked at the Dragon Scale forms at this time. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or is it a bug?

Jaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmyn View Post
    Oh, be careful what you delete! I just discovered that some formulas, dragon scale in this case, do not have all the lower formulas on the higher forms! For instance, some of the expert forms have only the one scale on them, not all the previous scales. Some of the Jman forms are the same way, they have only the Jman scales on them. Only some forms are like that, and I've only looked at the Dragon Scale forms at this time. Is this the way it's supposed to be, or is it a bug?

Jaz
    The blighted scale formulas only contain that tier, so you will want to save all of those in all tiers.

The Claw formula is split into 2 formulas, expert lesser gem tipped, and journeyman gem tipped. Between these 2, you will be able to make them all.

The regular scale forms are fine, although some higher tier forms only make 1 item, that's the situation where the lower tier dragon cannot equip it anyway, such as for the back and tail scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    The blighted scale formulas only contain that tier, so you will want to save all of those in all tiers.

The Claw formula is split into 2 formulas, expert lesser gem tipped, and journeyman gem tipped. Between these 2, you will be able to make them all.

The regular scale forms are fine, although some higher tier forms only make 1 item, that's the situation where the lower tier dragon cannot equip it anyway, such as for the back and tail scales.

Yeah, but if you delete the lower ones when you get the higher tiers, and then someone needs you to make them a lower set of scales... you wont be able to if you deleted the lower forms! Right?

Jaz

higher forms contain all lower versions as well, with exception of the jman form for some claws. just don't delete it. though it is a dropped item and can be gotten back

Thread Information