Thread: Increase Number of Slots?

Default Increase Number of Slots?

Hi everyone,

I'm sure someone, at some point, probably already suggested this, but I couldn't find the thread. So, I made a new one. Is it possible to increase the number of slots as you progress along with the amount of capacity? So,that as you swap out for higher backpacks and scalepacks you would gain extra slots along with the cap? Also, same thing with the vault. Each time you upgrade you could get a slot number upgrade as well? I don't know about other people, but I'm constantly running out of slot space. It seems a waste of cap to put forms/crystals in houses, and the Libraries don't hold enough, and only hold forms (maybe increase their slot number?). Maybe it's just me, but I use up a lot of space. There's the forms that I know I'll need in the future, but can't quite scribe yet. Then there's the tool/weapon/armor (claw/scale for dragon) crystals! These for Adv, those for craft. that's a lot of crystals.. along with crafting gear/tools (teched tool claws/scales for dragons)and then the armor/weapons/shield (claws/scales) for adv... it's worse for bipeds than for Dragons because you need different sets for different schools/levels.. it takes up a lot of space! Now there'll be even more with the crystal shaping school?

Thank You,
    Jaz

Default Re: Increase Number of Slots?

yep, you were right, as more stuff has been added it has become a more common subject, but no, so far there is no way to increase your stack amount (as that is what I'm suspecting you're talking about) as of now.

Hi Meepsa,

Yes, I meant stack amount. I can understand the backpacks and scalepacks because they have a stack amount of 100 unless equipped, so the stack amount actually goes with the character. But what about the vault? If the cap is being increased with the upgrades, why not the stack amount too? Better yet, what about just doing an across the board increase for both characters as well as vault? After all, isn't everyone going to need an increase in stack number? I don't know much about programming, the last programming language I learned was Fortran back in 1984, but wouldn't it just be a number change in the database? Or Not?

Thank You,
    Jaz

There are no plans to add more stacks to player vaults or backpacks. If you need more storage, I recommend purchasing a plot.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There are no plans to add more stacks to player vaults or backpacks. If you need more storage, I recommend purchasing a plot.
    Hi Amon,

I already have 3 plots and 2 lairs. So, I'm doing my best, but I still run out of room. Those plots/lairs are in use by several characters.. altogether it's a lot of stuff. It's too bad you can't increase the stack number.

Thank You,
    Jaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmyn View Post
    Hi Amon,

I already have 3 plots and 2 lairs. So, I'm doing my best, but I still run out of room. Those plots/lairs are in use by several characters.. altogether it's a lot of stuff. It's too bad you can't increase the stack number.

Thank You,
    Jaz
    We're already pretty generous with it, but more stacks on characters means a greater memory footprint for characters on the server. And that is something that just about every online game is careful about.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We're already pretty generous with it, but more stacks on characters means a greater memory footprint for characters on the server. And that is something that just about every online game is careful about.
    Oh, I see. What about increasing vault stack number as the vault upgrades? That would be limited to those who do the upgrade. Is that a possiblity?

Thank You,
    Jaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmyn View Post
    Oh, I see. What about increasing vault stack number as the vault upgrades? That would be limited to those who do the upgrade. Is that a possiblity?

Thank You,
    Jaz

Sorry, no. Vault is character footprint/memory as well.

Thread Information