So... what happened to Istaria these days?

I remember the game being a game that boasted an excellent community, people would be willing to hear you out and listen to what you might have to say. I remember in olden days, when I asked something in Marketplace, I either got silence (which I took that to mean nobody had/was able to do what I needed which is fine) or I'd get people willing to help or at least offer advice.

But then I suppose that was on Order.

So, on Chaos... what's with our personal little company of snide/snippy trolls in Marketplace lately?

Earlier I tried to inquire if anybody was capable of making a T1 Tarbash disk.

Nobody answered at first, and then a couple people started picking apart what I said...

I said "the t1 huge capacity disk, tarbash I think it was called?" because I could not quite remember what it was called.

Instead of just staying quiet, I had a couple trolls saying "t1 and huge don't belong in the same sentence" and then they went on to explain that the tarbash disk is the 1-stack high capacity" and I said "sorry, I meant high then".

......no answer.

*rolls eyes* Okay.... it doesn't bother me that nobody was available to make me one (I was more going to ask what materials would be needed for one so I could gather the crap myself), what bothers me is the rudeness, snide and snippy remarks to a simple question.

Then about 30min later, a dragon asks a question about the Clearport consigner missing. Someone says "there's one in the vault" and for the next 10min, the dragon was trying to verify that the consigner inside the vault was really a t6 consigner.

The Snide and Snippy Troll Company (I'm noticing a certain 2-3 players who are constantly getting snide and snippy) decided that they'd start berating the dragon. I commented that the snippy answers were not necessary by any means and then the one responds by (rudely) telling me to "back off, this has nothing to do with you".

Um.... really, buddy?

Seriously?

Who the *bleeeep* do you think you are to tell me what to do?

I was very tempted to give him what I thought of him. I am honestly starting to get tired of the crap to be honest. If I wanted this sort of trolling, I'd go join Trade Chat over in WoW. I honestly thought this game was better than this.

Now, I'm not saying Everyone in Istaria is acting like this, but those trolls in the Marketplace really need to stuff it. I'm a snarky person myself by nature, but I don't get snarky with someone who's just asking for advice or help, and this is by far not the only time I've had issues with a couple of these players getting unnecessarily rude and snippy with me. The one seems to think they own the server or something that everybody should just smile and nod... it is getting really old TBH.

What do new players think when they see this going on, I wonder?