Thread: Ability List

Default Ability List

Have a few questions that don't seem to be clarified or covered at all in some of the pdf guides floating around:

1. What skills do not go to X as an adult?
    2. What is Drain Bolt? Where is the trainer?
    3. Are Lightning and Ice Breath available to an adult? What, if any, are the prerequisites?
    4. What is Primal Cast? Where does Primal Cast come from?
    5. What are the unique Ancient abilities that do not have a previous tier or upgrade?

What would I be missing if I've done all of the quests from the trainers in Dralk, Chiconis and Dimensional Pockets in Tazoon?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Dracillion; May 12th, 2013 at 09:30 PM.
    rip

Default Re: Ability List

The dragon cheat sheet (http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...Sheet-quot-PDF) shows most of this, I believe it is slightly out of date but mostly of use. It has a list of all the quests and levels they are available (so you can work out which go to X for yourself from that) and also lists the ancient only spells/abilities. It doesn't tell you what Primal Cast is, just has a checkbox to say if you have it or not and I haven't got it yet so can't help on that I'm afraid! I believe Lightning OR Ice are available as adult, depending on if you went Lunus or Helian and then you get the other one when you become Ancient (bear in mind it's over 2 years since I was adult though and have been away for most of that so things may have changed, as I know the ARoP requirements have changed)

Drain Bolt is on the cheat sheet as well, I believe the trainer is in Kirasanct (another thing I have yet to catch up on, really should go do that quest line).
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Awesome, didn't even know this existed. I'm not sure what is preventing me from grabbing the lightning and ice breath quests but the rest are underway! Thanks again.
    rip

1. Only the masteries (tooth and claw, primal and accurate breath) go to X, the rest only go to VIII as adult, with dragon's gift and the three master type things (primal, tooth and claw and healing) going to their highest.
    2. 23686/27726, Khemarius teaches dragons drain bolt - a weak but quickly casting spell. Great for pulling.
    3. The breath's are only available as an adult (and acid to both ancients and adults), ice lv40, fire III lv60, lightning lv80, acid lv100.
    4. A dragon atop of the tower of Magery; Niathis if memory calls. Primal Cast casts a spell/spell-ability/breath 3 times. I believe only ancients and adults can take this one - though unsure.
    5. Drulkar's Wrath, Breath of Flame Burst, Primal Rebirth (gotten on ARoP but i'll still count it anyway), Focus of Spirit (gotten on ARoP too), Dragon Fear, Extra inventory space, faster flying speed, armor.

Thanks Azath. Your reply along with the cheat sheet, I've been nailing out the remaining abilities I was missing. Just picked up the Breath of Ice quest from Valkoth, and THEN went to Kelakhan (cheat sheets shows Kelakhan as being the quest giver). I've yet to find the Breath of Lightning NPC but I assume it to be Semeneth in Chiconis. I haven't made a trip yet to Tower of Magery so I cannot confirm the Primal Cast quest, but I've heard from others earlier tonight that the NPC there is indeed the guy. Haven't touched Drain Bolt yet but I will once I get these others done.

As for the X's, I've got Tooth and Claw Mastery X (along with Tooth and Claw Master) and Primal Mastery X (along with Primal Master). Primal Instant Heal VIII is as high as I'm able to get, and I only have Healing Expert. I will have to double check with the NPC's but last time I checked yesterday, no quests were offered.
    rip

"I've yet to find the Breath of Lightning NPC"
    The NPC that gave you the Breath of Ice quest will also give Breath of Lightning quest, once you've done the Ice quest. As Az said, "ice lv40, fire III lv60, lightning lv80, acid lv100." Since it's not clear, you actually do them in order.

Pretty sure "Healing Expert" is as high as it goes, there is no Healing Master. As for Instant Heal, Frall in Chic may have more quests for that, depending on your level, or unless you already have a quest from Frall; I think it does go to X (Just guessing from what the Cheat Sheet shows).

Aside: Breath of Lightning/Ice were faction specific a long time ago, but that is no longer the case.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Yes, I spoke too soon. Once I finished the quest from Valkoth for Breath of Ice, Kelakhan gave me Breath of Fire III which I just now completed and now am underway on Breath of Lightning.

Good to know on Healing Expert. I am figuring that perhaps Instant Heal is another skill that is locked to X until Ancient. We shall see!

I'm speaking strictly for Lunus. I imagine it might be the other way around as Helian.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    I am figuring that perhaps Instant Heal is another skill that is locked to X until Ancient. We shall see!
    *VIII
    all the ability quests are alike - Primal Instant Heal, Drain Strike, Hardened Scales, Spiked Scales, Dragon's reach.
    (gold rage being the only exception - only going to VII even for ancients)

Got them all nailed out, working on Breath of Acid right now. Still have to pick up Drain Bolt and do those, I assume that'll be a VIII deal as well.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Got them all nailed out, working on Breath of Acid right now. Still have to pick up Drain Bolt and do those, I assume that'll be a VIII deal as well.
    Actually, no, Drain Bolt goes to X. (Oh gosh I hope I'm right this time)
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Yes, Drain bolt goes to X.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

As ancient I have T&C Master and Mastery X, Primal Master and Mastery X, Spiked Scales X, Silver Strike X, Primal Instant Heal X, Hardened Scales X, Drain Strike X, Dragon's Reach X, Accurate Breath X.
    Only Gold Rage remains at VII.

Ancienthood also gives: Breath of Flame Burst I (700-1000 flame damage, aoe), Dragon Fear I (mezz single target), Drulkar's Scales (133% base armor), Drulkar's Wings (+5 Fly Speed), Primal Cast (2 extra spell/ability attacks - might be available as adult too, not sure), Primal Rebirth I (superior resurrect, 1h recycle), Dimensional Mastery I (+500 bulk)

Drain Bolt X is acquired as adult at lvl 100 iirc.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Ancienthood also gives: Breath of Flame Burst I (700-1000 flame damage, aoe), Dragon Fear I (mezz single target), Drulkar's Scales (133% base armor), Drulkar's Wings (+5 Fly Speed), Primal Cast (2 extra spell/ability attacks - might be available as adult too, not sure), Primal Rebirth I (superior resurrect, 1h recycle), Dimensional Mastery I (+500 bulk)

Drain Bolt X is acquired as adult at lvl 100 iirc.
    Primal Cast can be gotten as adult - as such i always do that quest before i put any of my chars on the ARoP (since it's useful with heart)

Yes I can confirm that Primal Cast can be obtained in adulthood, however I was level 100 at the time so am unsure of the validity of the actual level required.

I'm almost to completion on Breath of Acid, and have yet to touch Drain Bolt.
    rip

Dragon Fear I (mezz single target), Primal Rebirth I (superior resurrect, 1h recycle), Dimensional Mastery I (+500 bulk)
    As you get some of those during the ARoP you technically get them while still being adult

Just became an ancient earlier today! Been working on DCRA but yeah, some of the ancient only abilities were unlocked as the guardians were killed in The Rift.
    rip

Thread Information