Thread: Regarding Formulas

Default Regarding Formulas

On my dragon I need the next tier of claws/armour. I accept that I have to farm for them,but would it be possible to introduce some kind of rough guide to which mobs drop them,and around what co-ords,as this information seems very hard to find currently,and I don't want to waste my time hunting the wrong thing,esp at low levels.

Default Re: Regarding Formulas

No one is making you farm for the forms, there are plenty of people willing and able to HELP you make what you want. But I understand the desire to be self sufficient, however, you must understand that you have your work cut out for you and nothing will be easy, so I hope you like a challenge

As I said in a previous post, and let me correct myself, forms/techs drop from Semi-intelligent, undead and chests. I think only special forms come from chests, all the ones you're likely after will come from semi-intelligent and undead mobs; stick to the semi-intelligent mobs like pygmies as undead are considerably harder. Forms/techs that can be purchased from the trainers/quartermasters will not drop from mobs. Also, mobs on NT will not drop any forms or techs.

There is a mappack available for download and shows just about everything. Check out the player customisation forum. A huge part of this game is about exploration and discovery. There is a huge amount of knowledge out there in the player base and amongst a few player created websites, but all in all, it's all up to you to discover what you want to know. The mappack will take a huge burden off you, and if there were ever a way for us as players to convince the devs to make it part of the standard install, I'm sure we would do anything to make that happen, but alas, unlikely

Good luck!
    Happy huntings, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Regarding Formulas

I do use the maphack but I find it a bit cluttered at times,and lacking basic information. To clarify the formula I'm after is a basic recipe unless I wait until 400 crafting,by which time the gear I am using will be outdated. I find no reason to have these drop from mobs from the start,but if they do, I need to have a rough idea of what it drops from. I've been asking some questions here,and so far I have 2 types of mobs,of which I've seen at least 4 different types. That in my view could use some clarification. I'm not asking for the exact name,but cutting it down to a manageable number would be extremely helpful,as how am I supposed to know if I am farming the correct thing from the start,given that some of them have extremely low drop rates of these formulas? Finding someone to craft them for me has also been problematic.

Thread Information