Thread: Regarding training points

Default Regarding training points

Currently I've been putting my points equally into Tooth and Claw and Dexterity,witch are around 300,with a few into health. I'm thinking about putting some into Evasion as well,as the mobs I'm fighting hit rather hard,and being able to evade some damage would be extremely helpful. Would this work?

Default Re: Regarding training points

Dragons don't get much evasion, so you would have to put a lot of training points into it to notice much of a difference unfortunately. I would suggest taking them out of dex and moving them into str to increase your damage. The line of thinking I'm going with here is, kill it faster so it can't hurt you. Once you get stuck into your ability quests, powerful melee attacks like Gold Rage will do most of the heavy lifting so you will want to hit as hard and as often as you can. Instead of evasion, which might take a while to notice any difference, you could put them in health. But to answer your question, would this work, yes, it might but I did not use that strategy, so I cannot be sure :P
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

To second hallucin8, I went along the lines of str/tnc. 600 in each eventually and that is where I sit today. Reasoning for this is maximizing output from Dragons melee abilities, namely Gold Rage. I can one or two shot any mobs this way. I am not sure on the returns for dexterity and evasion but know that dragons end cap is lower than what bipeds can achieve via monk, and for what monks get hit with at their levels, you would need a TON of dex to compensate.

If your fighting mobs extremely hard, it might not be worthwhile to farm them quite yet. You would want mobs that are little bit more efficient, especially if they are so hard that you've downtime after every encounter. Also, you could use Shield of Gold if SHTF.
    rip

But don't you mind you miss a lot,as that the exact reason I went this route,as While I was questing for abilities such as Gold Rage,I found that I was missing attacks at crucial points which was leading to me dying a lot. I've only been playing about a week. I have no idea what to farm at this point so I've just been proceeding through whatever quests I have available to me that are doable,as long as the mob is question can be handled,which I find hard to do if I am missing a lot.

I don't miss with such high TNC. I'm pushing close to 1750 TNC, about 2100 Strength, and 2100 Armor. This is ancient with triple tech V scales and self buffed. I do miss, no doubt, but it's very rare. Rare enough that I don't concern myself with it.

Leveling up I used the same method of TNC/Str with a few tech'd scales I could scrounge around. I was specific on what mobs I fought. Ruxus, beetles, etc. I did not touch spiders, wolves, or undead. The first two are evasive and the last is just deadly.
    rip

You want to max out T&C for training points - this gets both accurate and strong attacks.
    Instead of evasion, you want health - as you would need alot into evasion to notice a difference.
    The next part is debatable - personally, i wouldn't put tp into both dex and str, i would choose either, to have the rest of the tp into either dex or str.

I myself like to spread them out in acordance to the faction my dragon is. look under your abilities window (if adult) and hold curser over "Helian path" +Spirit resistance +20 Ice resistance +20 Primal, or "Lunus path" +40 Flame resistance +20 Tooth and Claw it will show you which skills your dragon specializes in. and spend some points in those.
    Otherwize I usualy spread mine in T&C, Primal, Strength, Health, Dex, and Power.
    Otherwize, it`s pretty easy to tech up scales, and claws to boost your stats as well

I'm not up to that stage yet,that's some time away,re adult. And it's easy to tech up I agree,as that what I've been doing of late,putting some time into my crafting,so I can improve my gear,as some of it is in dire need of replacement. I have began taking points out of Dex and putting them into Health,t&c and Strength and it has made a very big difference,as I've been racing through my quests since I did that. Thanks for the help all,it's much appreciated.

I pretty much did what Darkwing is talking about and allocated my points based on faction.

My Helian Dragon is Primal, Power, & Focus… like a mage would be
    My Lunus Dragon is Toot & Claw, Strength, & Dexterity… like a warrior would be.

I didn’t start to notice much of a difference until around level 30. Now the higher they get, the more opposite they become. It makes it fun to really feel like a melee dragon (Lunus) or feel like a ranged/mage dragon (Helian).

Thread Information