Thread: Scholar Craft Skill

Default Scholar Craft Skill

Yup, it's me again, still finding things to be confused by. I've recently started playing as a bi-ped and have joined the Scholar school. I've completed the Spirit Isle quests and am on to New Trismus, but that's where I've managed to get stuck. The Scholar trainer there offers training equipment, but I can't scribe the Beginner Fabric Spool formula he gave me because I lack the Spinning skill. I checked the Istaria wiki to see if Scholars were associated with the Spinning skill in the first place, and it looks like they are; plus, the trainer included fabric scissors and a sewing needle along with the other equipment. But there's another problem as well it seems, because he isn't offering me any quests. I even went back to Spirit Isle to see if I missed anything, but I hadn't. Since the Scholar school is one of the starter craft schools, it doesn't make sense that you also have to join the Outfitter school just to continue, unless this is a bug of sorts. Help, please. :c

Default Re: Scholar Craft Skill

Aw, bad luck - scholar happens to be the only of the first three craft schools that doesn't offer any quests in NT.
    Also, you don't need spinning skill in the scholar school as i remember - my ped is 22 scholar, and has only used her fabric skills in outfitter and tailor so far. For that matter, i'm not even sure if fabric skills are used in scholar.

Spinning and Tailoring USED to be part of the Scholar School, but if I remember correctly, when they added the scribing and papermaking skills they REMOVED the spinning and Tailoring skills from the Scholar school. So assuming my memory is correct, the scholar trainers are a bit behind the times and are using outdated teaching methods.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

I just did the NT quests and did not experience this. You get a beginner fabric spool form from either trainer on Spirit Isle or New Trismus. As for the Scholar trainer, he has quests, just not as many as the others. Outfitter has quite a few, which weren't available for some time, and Blacksmith has a ton.
    rip

I've already done all of the Blacksmith quests, but whenever I greet the Scholar trainer, he just offers to give me more training equipment and nothing else. I never got that formula on Spirit Isle - the only other formulas the trainer there gave me were Beginner Brick, Beginner Spell Shard, Revitalize, Flame Bolt... and I think that's it. He also gave me an extra Refurbished Bronze Rune Stylus for whatever reason.

But I'm still confused... Azath says that the New Trismus Scholar trainer doesn't give quests, Aaelefein says that Spinning and Tailoring were removed, and yet Dracillion managed to complete everything just fine? What level were you when you began the Scholar quests? I think I'm still level 3, as I haven't trained in the Scholar school yet since leaving Spirit Isle. Also, I appreciate you guys trying to help me; hopefully this will get solved soon.

Level your scholar making bricks and shards and spells and later on scrolls.
    You can level by making things, you don't need quests. (especially since there aren't any until the scroll making starts in Kion)

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowrift View Post
    I've already done all of the Blacksmith quests, but whenever I greet the Scholar trainer, he just offers to give me more training equipment and nothing else. I never got that formula on Spirit Isle - the only other formulas the trainer there gave me were Beginner Brick, Beginner Spell Shard, Revitalize, Flame Bolt... and I think that's it. He also gave me an extra Refurbished Bronze Rune Stylus for whatever reason.

But I'm still confused... Azath says that the New Trismus Scholar trainer doesn't give quests, Aaelefein says that Spinning and Tailoring were removed, and yet Dracillion managed to complete everything just fine? What level were you when you began the Scholar quests? I think I'm still level 3, as I haven't trained in the Scholar school yet since leaving Spirit Isle. Also, I appreciate you guys trying to help me; hopefully this will get solved soon.
    Just ran a new Half-Giant char of mine through the trainers. Do all of the available quests and you will get some from the Scholar trainer who will send you to Geleon in Kion. Geleon also starts an important scroll quest at 12 SCH, for Geleon's Master Scroll, an artifact item with similar effects to Dwarven Toughness.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Just ran a new Half-Giant char of mine through the trainers. Do all of the available quests and you will get some from the Scholar trainer who will send you to Geleon in Kion. Geleon also starts an important scroll quest at 12 SCH, for Geleon's Master Scroll, an artifact item with similar effects to Dwarven Toughness.
    I would presume actual quests - as in, the ones that ask you to make stuff - are the ones in question.
    When/if i get on ista tommorow i'll go investigate the shcolar quests, certainly wasn't any quests on NT fot it whenever i've trained my peds.

I double-checked the New Trismus Scholar trainer for quests again today and still nothing. I don't get how they could be working one day and not the next.

Thread Information