Thread: My tall tree is a midget!

Default My tall tree is a midget!

I recently popped a new Tree, leafy large on my plot. But the darn thing is much smaller than the others.horizons_1371089571.jpgThere are 4 Tree, leafy large on my plot and in this screenshot. The midget is the one above the gnome's head hiding behind the Tree, Fall Red Maple. What happened to the trees?! I have relogged with a cleared cache and it doesn't seem to be on my end. Other people see this also. Forum formatting is being horrendous as well, it wouldn't let me make a paragraph.

Default Re: My tall tree is a midget!

I had something like this happen once, when I had it setscaled as I finished building it. And then the size was all wrong, and relogging didn't help.

There's an erroneous size setting in the world cache for that item.

Flush the world cache, or maybe just the ones updated in the last day (log out first). Should be fine after it re-downloads that piece of the world cache.

Maybe when they limited trees to 25 they also limited them to 25% normal size?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I had something like this happen once, when I had it setscaled as I finished building it. And then the size was all wrong, and relogging didn't help.

There's an erroneous size setting in the world cache for that item.

Flush the world cache, or maybe just the ones updated in the last day (log out first). Should be fine after it re-downloads that piece of the world cache.

I have never used set scale and I have cleared cache manually by hand in my computer files. I am not the only one who sees the trees this way.

I popped the third tree before the last patch and it is the same size as the first two. Though I am seriously suspecting this isn't something new. The tree I popped before last patch was partially constructed for a very long time before I decided to finish the half done trees on my plot. Which is why I believe that tree came up the old height.

I have a guildmate who relocated their plots last summer and the trees they have are the same size as my "midget". As it was all new construction in the community my guildie moved to, they didn't realize the size change until they looked at old screenshots of their previous plot and saw what they have now isn't the same as they had at the old location.

I really suspect the devs will say working as intended to quiet the dragons complaining about running into plot trees. But I would be interested in hearing if my theory is correct or not.

*has finally stopped cursing the new forum's lack of ability to create paragraphs* It needs compatibility mode to function with IE10.

Thread Information