Thread: Target window buff/debuffs

Default Target window buff/debuffs

I was searching to see if this was already suggested before. I'm sure someone has, I can't possibly be the first one to think of this, so pardon me if I missed another thread to spam instead. I did at least invest 4-5 mins of searching

Nice little bell and whistle recently (adding the distance to the mob in target window). Thanks! We like it. But that got me thinking... (Smell the burnt toast, yet?)

Well, I figure that wasn't too painful to add, since its just text in an existing window.

I know this would be quite a bit of work to implement from scratch... But what about using the existing code from the Effects window (the one that shows the buff and debuffs currently on yourself).

Wondering if could maybe do a copy/paste of that code, then tweak it to work on targets instead? Is that something possibly feasible, for a 'project down the road'? Or maybe add to the target window?

In other words, to see icons of the buffs, or debuffs currently on a mob (target). Icons could either be in the target window (shrunk down 75% maybe) or a new window (more work probably).

ie Show Dispirit Foe icon if target has the debuff. Show if mob has another player debuff cast on it, etc.

I know that all buffs or debuffs couldn't possibly have an icon already, but even a place holder (question mark icon, that could be hovered and see what debuff is, in text would work). Down the road, eventually build up on icons that dont exist. Many could probably use an existing ability icon.

If you can pull that off, I'll change my avatar icon to someone doing cartwheels. Seriously and literally
    Or do I get to keep my kitty cat avatar?!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Target window buff/debuffs

Good idea. Sometimes you can't ever tell if a debuff has landed on the target.

Most all of them will actually have icons already, since most of them are used by players as well as mobs (example dispirit).

Default Re: Target window buff/debuffs

Was told this wasn't easily implemented, so it most likely isn't happening. That was couple months ago along the same suggestion of distance label or hotkey range indicator.

Would be nice to see, along with a dps/spell cast parser. :P
    rip

Thread Information