Thread: Armor Use

Hybrid View

Default Re: Armor Use

What people have been missing a good explanation of is that some schools can't wear certain types of armour.
    Most arcane classes can only wear cloth armours, mage being one of those classes. This is why you cannot wear anything better than cloth, and as you said, it's a matter of getting the best cloth for mages.
    Also, even mages must take a school like warrior ( ) - that gets 10 armour use per level - because they cannot wear their best armour otherwsie. (i recall mages got..8 or 7 maybe? armour use per level. Which ends us below 910 skill so they are limited to lv80 or lv71 armour with that class alone)

Actually mage gets 10 per level, that is why I got all confused. My husband’s warrior also gets 10 per level. So we have the same Armor Use skill, but even at 100 my cloth armor will never be as good as his plate.

Does this mean that if I switch to another adventure class (one that uses plate), I could use Mithril Platemail armor as a level 1 since I would already have 1000 Armor Use skill? Or would I be stuck in bronze like all the other level 1s?

You'd be stuck with bronze, but if you have 1000 armor use and a current crafting class at 100, you can wear padded ironsilk in a level 1 adventure class.
    I just lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    You'd be stuck with bronze, but if you have 1000 armor use and a current crafting class at 100, you can wear padded ironsilk in a level 1 adventure class.
    And padded iron Silk is roughly equal to steel platemail... but with tier V techs

Technically yes, but you would not be able to equip padded ironsilk armor teched with t5 techs at level 1 adventure because those techs have lvl80 adv as requirement.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

to clarify biped armors. Metal, hide and leather have 3 requirements (Armor use, current adventure school level, in current school that is allowed to use the armor). a level 1 adv biped CAN wear fully teched padded ironsilk if they have the following. A: current school level (adventure OR craft of 91) B: armor use of 910. cloth armor is the ONLY armor type that all biped adventure schools can wear and does not have the "current Adventure school" restriction. Jewely is the same way as cloth and padded cloth just excluding the armor use requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Technically yes, but you would not be able to equip padded ironsilk armor teched with t5 techs at level 1 adventure because those techs have lvl80 adv as requirement.
    Bzzzt, sorry that is incorrect. Techs do not dictate level to equip. If you were to have, for example, 100 Mage & scholar, and started leveling Cleric at lvl 1, you could wear T5 padded (or is it cloth?) armor and T5 health jewelry all T5 teched, as they only have the requirement "current level" which refers to either craft or adventure, and of course the armor use for the armor.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

hmm, i remember my ped having troubles wearing teched ironsilk padded armor after changing adv class - but cannot really recall if it was involving techs or t5/t6 crystals. Or maybe I changed both adv and cra? Pff - getting too old for this.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    Actually mage gets 10 per level, that is why I got all confused. My husband’s warrior also gets 10 per level. So we have the same Armor Use skill, but even at 100 my cloth armor will never be as good as his plate.

Does this mean that if I switch to another adventure class (one that uses plate), I could use Mithril Platemail armor as a level 1 since I would already have 1000 Armor Use skill? Or would I be stuck in bronze like all the other level 1s?
    It does? *is glad*
    ahem
    If you switched to another adventure class that permits it, you'd be able to use heavy armour (plate/scale). But you would not be able to use mithril at lv1, even with the armour use skill.
    Armour has three requirements: Armour use skill, Current school and -Current level-. Because your current level would be one you'd have to use bronze still.

Thread Information