Thread: Worthless Guards

Default Worthless Guards

The guards in NT and at the Kion gate do not help anymore? Some guard she is… I died right at her feet while she did nothing! Are the guards deactivated on purpose?

Default Re: Worthless Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    The guards in NT and at the Kion gate do not help anymore? Some guard she is… I died right at her feet while she did nothing! Are the guards deactivated on purpose?
    I could point out the threads about all this but the simple answer is, Yes.

No, they're worthless. You can thank allocating resources for that!
    rip

I think it really contributes to a bland world when the npc's are so stagnant...

Yes, they turned off their combat abilities to conserve server resources... but it sucks that they did.

Even when they would fight, they usually died in just 1 or 2 hits... If they had 5k hp, and plenty of strength, power, weapon skill, then maybe they would be useful. Guard Terry out of Harro used to help in Fafnir fights at the Harro front gate. But he would die in just 1 hit, or whenever the blight blast aoe was used. Be nice if he had some high blight ward/resists, decent amount of HP, and would fight again.

Can't you buff the servers some? They are what, 10 years old by now... new stuff is pretty cheap and could really make the world more alive and responsive.

I would also like to see the guards fight and actually earn their right to wear armour. (Otherwise strip them of their possessions and call them beggars)

In about the last suggestion btw.

Kind of a sad thing really. If it was server resources that caused us to have a little more lifelessness and have to not have nice things, then I don't understand why in this day and age, the servers couldn't be upgraded. Heck if money was a problem I'd be happy to chip some in for that purpose if they had a run for it on something like subbable or kickstarter. Its not like our subscription prices have changed much at all over the years.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Kind of a sad thing really. If it was server resources that caused us to have a little more lifelessness and have to not have nice things, then I don't understand why in this day and age, the servers couldn't be upgraded. Heck if money was a problem I'd be happy to chip some in for that purpose if they had a run for it on something like subbable or kickstarter. Its not like our subscription prices have changed much at all over the years.
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD.... LOL I was just thinking of something like a kickstarter program to get a server upgrade..

It's funny when they die all the time.
    "There is no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything."

Thread Information