Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic mobs and components

Default Epic mobs and components

From a small chat in the Order Marketplace today -

There was the idea of having the myloc queen's hair usable for a tech - perhaps used in the making of another Mental Bane tech (useful for those who messed up with it before).

And then came up with the rest of these off the top of my head -

Myloc Queen - Myloc Queen Hair - requires x2 of the hairs and maybe some radiant essence orbs to make a mental bane tech (could be weaker than the one received from the quest)

Valkor - Shard of Bone - requires x2 of the shards and some radiant essence orbs to make a tech kit that, when applied, gives a chance to do a decent amount of pierce of spirit damage that heals the damage dealer for a portion of the damage done.

Reklar - Chipped Claw - requires x2 of the chipped claws and some radiant essence orbs to make a kit that, when applied, has a chance to apply a plague breath type debuff - though it would be a very, very weak version of Reklar's own. Also has a small chance to dispel.

Son of Gigaroth - Massive Kwellen Hide - requires x2 of the hide to make a tech kit that, when applied (only to armor?), has a chance to debuff an attacker with blighted thorns/brambles.

And so on for Fafnir, the AoP, and any other mobs I may have forgotten.

This started off as a wish to have a way for people to get another Mental Bane tech if they messed up on the first one without just giving a free tech (I know three people who have done so) - aaaaand I decided to extend it to include the rest of the epics that people hunt. The tech forms could drop form t5/6 named mobs or from a weaker equivalent mob of the boss - for example, the tech form to use the myloc queen's hair would drop of mylocs, the form to use SoG's hide would drop off blighted/berserk kwellens, etc.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Epic mobs and components

I would actually be for a way to recreate or get a replacement of the mental bane tech. I'm one of those in the group of folk who screwed it up by accidentally dropping it on the wrong prime bolt spell of the three I had in my pack. I can understand for reasons of balance, why we should only have one mental bane teched spell. Is there a way for the system to read your character's abilities or scribed spells and see if you have it anyplace? If you did, well you don't get another chance to get it, if not then there's that chance to get a replacement.

I would happily delete my current mental bane teched if I had a chance to replace it to what it should be on. I'd say two queen hairs or just redoing that portion of the quest would be great to re-earn this.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

All good ideas Alisto- I support it all.

Will add something later when back from work
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

This is a good idea and in some ways is similar to one we've had for a while now with regards to Epic mobs. To run with this here would be my take on how it might work.

1) Epic mobs would no longer drop their specific weapon/armor parts. Instead, they would drop a number of Common or Rare Epic Tokens.
    2) These tokens would be tradeable to a pair of NPCs. One of the NPCs would trade them for Components (of various types). The other NPC would trade them for Formulas.
    3) The Formulas would be for the Epic armor and weapons, tech kits (such as Mental Bane, Vital Defiance, Dismissal, etc).
    4) Creating the items in the formulas would use resources as well as the traded Components
    5) Epic mobs that would drop these would include Valkor, Son of Gigaroth, Reklar, Shaloth, Fafnir, Daknor and Gruk. Did I miss any?
    6) In addition to Epic Bosses, there would be a third NPC who would offer "Daily" quests that would allow players (both adventure and trade) to acquire tokens.

Thoughts? Comments?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

A definite yes please from me on this. I like this alot!

We could finally have a way to have dailies in this game, and I certainly do not mind adding in resources as well to craft my own epic armour or weapons. The ideas presented would make the system so much easier when it comes to dealing with sharing epic loot and the issue with drop chances.

Would a tech kit such as mental bane be a lesser version or the same as the one you get from the quest? I love the idea of being able to earn some of the lost techs like this as well!

Is there any chance the greater anchor at Delgarath could be added to the list?

"

Vital Defiance, Dismissal, etc
    I like this idea - really really like it >

"Daily" quests
    I'm a little iffy on this one...I personally don't like daily quests, as there is the 'Miss a day, there's one token you'll never get.' With the quest chains already in game (Ex: The one where you have to kill the greater anchor), I liked that I could stop in the middle of the quest if I wanted and go craft or some such thing, and it would still be waiting for me - if I did some of the quest, I advanced. If I didn't do any of it, my progress stayed where it was and nothing was 'missed'.

That said, a daily quest would be a nice way to let people who wasn't able to hunt epic mobs all that often eventually get an epic item if they kept at it long enough.

Did I miss any?
    Abomination of Pain?

Is there any chance the greater anchor at Delgarath could be added to the list?
    I support this! That thing requires more people to kill than SoG does.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post

Abomination of Pain?
    *coughs* don't you mean AVATAR of pain
    the scorpion... zxuxgul or however you spell it.

Also yup what about anchors.

Erm what about darkstalker?

not quite sure yet, Amon

but if- yea to AoP. No to anchor and dark stalker and scorpion king.
    Not too easy pls.
    they should not be soloable (or dualogable^^)!!
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; September 3rd, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    not quite sure yet, Amon

Not too easy pls.
    You solo'd a greater anchor lov? It just simply doesn't happen. I know one or two that can do that, but for everybody else, you need more for the greater anchor than you do a queen hunt.

If they shouldn't be soloable or duoable (including multi logging), then we need to take off Son of Gigaraoth and Valkor also. Possibly Avatar of Pain. So i don't agree with this.

Considering how Clarity II is changing, I'd say epics are going to get a whole lot harder and I am all for keeping the list with the greater anchor and Avatar of Pain on there.

I do not like to include the scorpion king because he is fairly easy and is needed for the acid breath quest. I'm a pure spellcasting dragon and solo'd him.

Dark Stalker used to give regal weapons I think it was before being changed, so yes, I would say allow him into the list of those things that drop the tokens.
    Last edited by Arzel Rashemi; September 3rd, 2013 at 01:12 PM.

"

Avatar of Pain is a possibility... The Greater Anchor probably not as its bugged, not designed to have so many auto-respawning mobs. Dark Stalker is not what I would call an epic boss so no on him as well.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    not quite sure yet, Amon

Not too easy pls.
    ROFLMAO did you seriously say not on mobs that are soloable/dualogable so in that case you just limited the list reklar fafnir and daknor...as I know someone who can duo all the others accept maybe AoP.

Nuff said.

Although fair enough on limiting the ones I suggested just ideas.

add shaloth and Gruk and AoP, Calyndrell. All those might be enough in my eyes.

Arzel, I do not envy those who have he patience to solo SoG with all his hp- and unstunnable Valkor.

and btw- I know enough who solo anchor- again with lots of patience.

9/10 Valkor is perfectly killable...
    The point I was making is the greater anchor Is harder than Valkor...

Ooh another question though.. would it be possible to see a return of the old weapons like "the Zealot" two handed sword using these tokens? PLEASE..
    Last edited by Calyndrell; September 3rd, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Avatar of Pain is a possibility... The Greater Anchor probably not as its bugged, not designed to have so many auto-respawning mobs. Dark Stalker is not what I would call an epic boss so no on him as well.
    Is there a possibility we could have an epic anchor that is designed to have an overly large number of auto-respawning mobs that this epic loot system could be attached to? The challenge presented with the bugged greater anchor makes for a hard and difficult fight that is quite enjoyable. Although some may not agree.

"

A great idea I really like, and it is also easier to introduce new and reintroduce the one or other old epic item, formula or tech and maybe bring back the one or other gone item like Zealot, Rancor and Mace of Divine Intervention. Please also add the Blackhammer Crest Tech to it

As epic mobs I would add: Avatar of Pain, Daknor, Fafnir, Gruk, Reklar, Shaloth and Valkor - and I think this is really enough, combined with the daily quest, which gives everyone the chance to aquire epic items over time.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This is a good idea and in some ways is similar to one we've had for a while now with regards to Epic mobs. To run with this here would be my take on how it might work.

1) Epic mobs would no longer drop their specific weapon/armor parts. Instead, they would drop a number of Common or Rare Epic Tokens.
    2) These tokens would be tradeable to a pair of NPCs. One of the NPCs would trade them for Components (of various types). The other NPC would trade them for Formulas.
    3) The Formulas would be for the Epic armor and weapons, tech kits (such as Mental Bane, Vital Defiance, Dismissal, etc).
    4) Creating the items in the formulas would use resources as well as the traded Components
    5) Epic mobs that would drop these would include Valkor, Son of Gigaroth, Reklar, Shaloth, Fafnir, Daknor and Gruk. Did I miss any?
    6) In addition to Epic Bosses, there would be a third NPC who would offer "Daily" quests that would allow players (both adventure and trade) to acquire tokens.

Thoughts? Comments?
    Sounds good. This would allow players from all aspects the chance to obtain some of these difficult or impossible drops. The loot is **************** as is on some of these mobs. No one wants to hunt when the boss drops nothing. Nothing.
    rip

They'd drop tokens (1 rare or a number of common). Pricing of the various formulas would be very expensive, but the components (used to make the items) would be much cheaper so that you might be able to buy one after a single fight/quest.

Regarding the quests, my current thought is to have four (2 Adventure, 2 Trade). Adventure are relatively easy, kill some hard stuff (tbd). Trade are a bit more challenging, but maybe gather something rare from hard to get T6 resources (we can provide bonus items from gathering only when you are on a particular quest).

Not sure about the Zealot, Rancor and other items. They aren't Epic as they are low level items.

*starts chanting* E-P-I-C A-N-C-H-O-R
    E-P-I-C. A-N-C-H-O-R

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    *starts chanting* E-P-I-C A-N-C-H-O-R
    E-P-I-C. A-N-C-H-O-R
    This is an entirely separate project and one that already has quite a few notes but would require a full content update. Greater Anchor won't be included in this proposal for now.

Oooh okay....

Thread Information